Author Topic: Which character would you best get along with?  (Read 9255 times)

Offline skippydevereaux

• Don't Say Much
Re: Which character would you best get along with?
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 06:28:21 pm »
I picked Jack, only for the reason that Ennis would not allow himself to open enough to live with Jack somewhere. Heck, if I had a man that loved me as much as Jack loved Ennis, then I would move the world to live with him forever.
Ennis not being talkative would not bother me, as I am sort of quiet in my own way also.  :)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 05:24:35 pm »
Gotta be Jack - he's so full of fun and life. He's even adorable when he's bitchin' about camp life, LOL! I reckon Alma would be a good friend too - I get the feeling there's a lot of fun in her that we don't see in the film. The sledging scene points to this, as does the scene where she wants to be sociable and go to the church dance, plus she wants to move to town to be around more people.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 12:31:17 pm »
I'd definetely have to say Jack!  We both talk a lot....LOL

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 03:03:40 am »
I would get along better with Jack, but I would prefer being with Ennis.

Does that make any sense... at all? :-\
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 03:12:46 am »
That makes total sense to me David.  I would get along with Jack because I would let him do all the talking.  But I would be more drawn emotionally to Ennis' quietness, the challenge of getting to know him, balancing having fun and being low key and just spending time together.  But then again, I did have a boyfriend who didn't talk much, and it drove me crazy!!

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 11:05:59 pm »
That makes total sense to me David.  I would get along with Jack because I would let him do all the talking.  But I would be more drawn emotionally to Ennis' quietness, the challenge of getting to know him, balancing having fun and being low key and just spending time together.  But then again, I did have a boyfriend who didn't talk much, and it drove me crazy!!

Juan

Ah! The quiet, pensive male! I love mysterious men. Actually I like men period!

I always thought dingy guys were cute too... but most of them aren't quiet. They are chatter boxes! :D

gattaca

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 11:18:01 pm »
We're in agreement here. Jack would be fun to hang out with (as good friends should be), gregarious and energetic. And he's damn cute, too. But Ennis has stolen my heart, and he'd be the one I'd stay with.
To be sure, this mystifies me somewhat - I'm so like Ennis in behavior and emotional restraint it's a little frightening, and so why then would I be drawn so strongly to a man who is as quiet and contemplative as I am?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 09:55:38 am »
I picked Ennis cause he is an aussie too, and i know he would understand my language....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 02:43:16 pm »
No contest.  Definately Jack.  He's fun loving, adorable, friendly and he cares about you.  I'm not that social or talkative so I would need Jack to bring me out of my shell.  I would get along with Ennis also but we both would be very quiet and talk about our chores only.  Very boring.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 11:27:43 pm »
I picked Ennis cause he is an aussie too, and i know he would understand my language....

Katie - I pointed this out on IMDb once. I thought Heath imitated an American perfectly. Every time I watch Brokeback Mountain, I can't believe it is actually Heath  (an Australian) portraying Ennis (an American) so well. Over on IMDb, people were amazed to find out Heath was Australian. I guess some people are not familiar with Heath (can you imagine that?!). Some thought he was actually an American because in the movie he spoke with such a perfect American accent.

Heath also did a very good job in the movie "Monster's Ball"with Halle Berry, Peter Boyle and Billy Bob Thornton. It is a shame he didn't have a bigger part in this movie though.  :( ??? >:(