Author Topic: Ennis crying -- Independent Spirit Awards  (Read 13420 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Ennis crying -- Independent Spirit Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 09:40:20 pm »
So I have a scary thought... what if they don't make a special edition DVD?  ???

What if this is just a Brokie fantasy?  I'm just about dying for more, more, more... in terms of out-takes and special features.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 11:05:33 pm »
So I have a scary thought... what if they don't make a special edition DVD?  ???

What if this is just a Brokie fantasy?  I'm just about dying for more, more, more... in terms of out-takes and special features.

I hate to be the one to burst your balloon Amanda, but....

Alternate Takes  --  the likelihood that we will ever see the alternate takes is virtually nil.  Have you ever known a Deluxe Edition DVD to include multiple takes of the same scene?  I have not.  We were just damn lucky that we were able to procure the alternate take of Ennis crying.

Extended Scenes  --  Well mayyyybe some... but the intimate stuff?  Not likely, IMO.  I am speaking specifically of the FNIT & SNIT.  A long time ago I read a quote of AL that said that he did not want to exploit Heath and Jake, that he filmed more of the Tent Scene (I think he was referring to FNIT) but he cut it in half bcz he did not want to exploit.....  I read that excerpt over two months ago, and I do not have a link to the actual article, so if anyone has the link to it, can you please reference it here?  tks.

Director's Cut?  --  I am just repeating what someone else has already posted, Ang Lee does not go in for Director's Cuts; the final version of the movie IS the Director's Cut.

Special Features  --  yeah, maybe some stuff, if we're very lucky Jake or Heath will put some stuff on the DVD for us.

Anyway I hate to be the bearer of bad news, :'(   I more than anyone else would just love to see ALL 12 of the other takes of FNIT, and ALL the alternate takes of SNIT, TNIT, any other of the cuddling and romance, etc. etc.

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 10:41:54 pm »
Amanda, you shut up about that!  (Altough, actually I think you're probably right.)  :(

And I'll have to admit, there are probably parts here and there (Jack making his umpteenth combine sale, Ennis castrating his umpteenth calf) that I might fast-forward through.
[Elle mentally downgrades Katherine's level of BBM committedness from a Level 1A to a mere 1B.] ;)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 04:07:25 am »
Uh-oh. To regain my standing, how bout I agree to watch a 10-hour DVD that is nothing BUT Ennis castratin calves. And I promise not to make Cassie's Eeewwww look.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2006, 03:20:32 am »
Bump!
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2006, 03:31:15 am »
Uh-oh. To regain my standing, how bout I agree to watch a 10-hour DVD that is nothing BUT Ennis castratin calves. And I promise not to make Cassie's Eeewwww look.

Friend this post is long overdue.  You have long since proven that you are indeed a category 1A Brokie, and ain't nothin', nowhere that can change that.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2006, 05:46:39 pm »
I also agree with the comment that Ang was a little too reserved in some instances.  I'm tired of hearing people say 'it wasn't emotional' or 'they were just friends'. 

IMO, at least some of the uneasiness with showing emotion and some of the knee-jerk denigrating of it is part of the 21st century's version of Puritanism, and a second cousin at least to the over-the-top preoccupation with nutrition and health.  You've heard about how the old pagan holidays got revamped as Christmas, All Hallows Eve, Easter, etc., etc.? Well, meet the new Yes, We Have No Emotions boss - same as the old boss, corsets and all.

I'm for including the whole scene in Jack's closet.  Puritans be damned.  Would certainly spring for a 10-hour DVD with all the outtakes, and I'd bet it would sell well online especially.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:51:47 pm by Marge_Innavera »

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2006, 05:54:51 pm »
Anyway I hate to be the bearer of bad news,    I more than anyone else would just love to see ALL 12 of the other takes of FNIT, and ALL the alternate takes of SNIT, TNIT, any other of the cuddling and romance, etc. etc.

I would too, especially in the Full Screen format.   ;D

As far as a Director's Cut is concerned, I'd really like to know if there's a specific industry definition for that. As I understand it, a finished feature movie is the property of the producers, not the director unless they happen to be one and the same person(s).

Cut the first tent scene in half??  I want to see what was cut! 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 05:59:11 pm by Marge_Innavera »