Author Topic: DVD w/deleted footage  (Read 11111 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: DVD w/deleted footage
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 01:44:58 am »
(The March 04 script I've seen has stuff that could be that scene David posted -- there's more banter about the beans that Ennis brought, including a comment from Jack about being willing to eat them out of Ennis's hand. ;D ;D And while I would love to see that innuendo (heck, I would love to see... no, I won't say it ;D ), and would love to see the line from the deleted hippy scene where Jack says "Ennis is pretty well hung-up," I don't think they would fit smoothly into the theatrical release of the movie.)

Hi Nakymaton,

Is there any chance you could e-mail to me, or point me towards, an electronic copy of the 2004 script?  I only have the Story to Screenplay, and the February 1, 2003 Screenplay (pdf file).  What you have mentioned so far is of  intense interest to me, I wasn't aware of another available screenplay.

thanks in advance if you are able to assist me,

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 02:02:57 am »
Thanks for posting those photos, David.  I cannot for the life of me see the BetterMost cans in the camping pics.  But I can tell what those pics are from - their first meeting shown after the reunion, when Jack is putting corn in the pot as Ennis drives up.  Ennis gets out and says, "Look what I brought."  People have said that what he pulls out and shows Jack    (based on a screenplay, maybe?) is a can of beans.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 07:37:06 am »
Thanks for posting those photos, David.  I cannot for the life of me see the BetterMost cans in the camping pics. 

If you go back to Reply #14 and look at the first picture, you'll see Jack holding a can of beans and Ennis is reaching for a can of beans!   

I think that is Jacks infamous "Blue Parka" that he is looking for in the scene with Lureen.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 08:31:25 am »

If you go back to Reply #14 and look at the first picture, you'll see Jack holding a can of beans and Ennis is reaching for a can of beans!   

I think that is Jacks infamous "Blue Parka" that he is looking for in the scene with Lureen.

I love the way Ennis's hand looks in that picture. Can't you just picture a silver ring on his ring finger? LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 09:00:03 am »
The view of the can that Ennis is reaching for is sort of blocked by what looks like a rock, and you can't see the label on the can that Jack is holding, but the labels are the color of the labels on the Bettermost cans.

Based on what the boys are wearing, I agree with Clarissa that it's the fishing trip where we see Jack putting ears of corn on to boil and telling Ennis he's late as Ennis gets out of his truck.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 09:02:10 am »
Aargggh! Those pictures are torturing me! It shows them happy & smiling & in love...

If there is any kind of god, spiritual being, whatever....the extra footage must be realeased!  I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked somehow, seeing as some of the props have come to light.  I guess the legal action is too threatening.  

Btw, is there anyplace where all the stills/screen caps from the extra footage is grouped together?  Only so I can go torture myself some more.
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 09:10:04 am »
There are a lot of pics on the WWW.IHEARTJAKE.COM  site.    You'll need to register to see them full size.   

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 11:07:55 am »
I can see both sides, depending. Some of the deleted parts I've heard about I think might detract from the movie. The hippie scene, for example, sounds out of place. I would definitely oppose the inclusion of those rumored scenes that would make the ending less ambiguous. And I wouldn't want to mess with the movie's emotional restraint and mystery.

Other additions might be nice. The beans camping scene, for example! I've always thought that one was too abbreviated in the film -- the only way I knew "look what I brought" meant beans was from reading comments on BetterMost; originally I assumed he meant horses.

If Ang re-edited and used every bit of wisdom and discretion and artistic mastery that he used in making the original, stretching the movie as much longer as possible without changing the overall effect in any way, I'd be OK with it.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 11:51:31 am »
If Ang re-edited and used every bit of wisdom and discretion and artistic mastery that he used in making the original, stretching the movie as much longer as possible without changing the overall effect in any way, I'd be OK with it.
:laugh: You want it all, don't you? I'm with you on this  ;D

And I agree, that there are some scenes I wouldn't like to have in the movie. For example another flashback while Ennis is in Twists' home. The sequence is just spot-on perfect. And devastating. Any addition could easily ruin it or at least be a distraction.

Gotta go now. Will write more later.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 12:03:29 pm »
I want the movie to stay exactly as it is.

However, I love watching the "not used" scenes on DVDs. I say not used because I imagine that is what they are. Deleted implies they were put in and then cut out, while not used implies that the director had one idea while filming but then while editing, his idea/vision changed. That's fine, it's part of the process.

I read that they spent a week filming the hippie scene and it must exist on film. Even if it is awful, it would still be fun to see it. We could all cringe and say ew, thank God they didn't put that in!!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!