Author Topic: How long were you on the IMDb boards?  (Read 15582 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: How long were you on the IMDb boards?
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 04:01:01 pm »
December...I saw the previews..it opened in SF on the 16th. Aaron Mcgruder devoted a whole weeek to it in "The Boondocks," while it was crossing the Bay. Saw it on Berkeley--drawen by the previews and McGruder spending so much time on it--on December 23..I was already posting on the "Mysterious Skin" and "Barbarian Invasions" boards, so i went a-lookin' for Brokeback Mountain...and suddenly it was part of my "miserable life."
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 06:19:11 pm »
I enjoyed other movies on that board but BBM is just too hot of a topic over there. Too many fights.Too many young teenagers running the board. Telling us grownups what we can do and can not do. Also very clicky
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

TJ

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 12:37:14 pm »
I really don't know how to answer the question; because I joined some "IMDb" board for the discussion of the Movie Brokeback Mountain. And, I don't even remember when I did it. I never left what I joined; I just became too confused on how to read the forum discussions of BbM.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 12:48:15 am »
I THINK it is safe to say this here. After all, it seems troll free thanks to the good work of the Moderators! Congratulations by the way! And THANK YOU!

I actually joined IMDb several years ago. I was posting on the Philadelphia board and had some terrible experiences with the trolls over there. Bad experiences. (I was Davidindy1 back then just in case anyone remembers). Anyway, I ended up deleting my account and recreating it under David-Indiana. I took a break from it, and started posting at the Brokeback Mountain board in March, I think.

I sure wish I would have listened to Kudzudaddy and Vicky a few months ago. It is so much nicer here. I still  post to IMDb. But, it is getting to be less and less every day. Soon I  suppose,  I  will cease to exist over there. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 12:59:28 am »
I still am on the IMDb boards. The main post that I was working on "The Art Which Transcends Art" has been untouched by trolls and is still a relatively active thread. New brokies are posting on it everyday (and some welcome critics).
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 01:04:23 am »
I still am on the IMDb boards. The main post that I was working on "The Art Which Transcends Art" has been untouched by trolls and is still a relatively active thread. New brokies are posting on it everyday (and some welcome critics).

Daniel, who are you over on IMDb (your user name)? Have we posted to each other before? Anyway, I sure am glad to hear at least on thread remains troll free. Try to  keep it that way if you can.... and good luck to ya! ;)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 01:12:53 am »
I am sunmoonstars-1.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 01:17:26 am »
I am sunmoonstars-1.

Well I will keep my eye peeled for you over there on IMDb. I sure am glad to see you over here though! :)

gattaca

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 01:16:09 pm »
I'd used IMDB as a general resource for years but never posted any commentary. I'm not usually a contibutor in these forums (until now).  And then I became completely immersed in BBM of course and started reading the boards there but still did not post anything. I more or less springboarded from there over to BetterMost. :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 01:30:39 pm »
I remember sunmoonstars, Daniel! I liked your posts. Glad you're here.

I saw Brokeback in late January and started desperately scouring the internet the next day -- rottentomatoes, the official movie site, etc. I had long used imdb as a reference source, but it didn't occur to me to look at the message boards at first because on previous brief glances at their boards I had found them skimpy and not particularly interesting. When I finally got around to checking them out, maybe a week later, I was SO glad to discover a community of people who appeared to feel the same way I did but, trolls aside, seemed perfectly normal and intelligent and sane (or if not, at least insane in the same way I was).

Eventually I started delving into previous posts of posters I liked, which led me to PT -- a posters supergroup! Nobody invited me, but I just barged in and started posting (hope nobody here minded, and perhaps has been harboring secret resentment ever since ...  ::)). When everyone decamped to BetterMost, I followed.

After that, I glanced back at imdb now and then, but felt less and less need to do so as the weeks went on. These days I only look at it when somebody here points out a particularly interesting thread.