Author Topic: How long were you on the IMDb boards?  (Read 15403 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: How long were you on the IMDb boards?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2006, 03:29:21 pm »

Eventually I started delving into previous posts of posters I liked, which led me to PT -- a posters supergroup! Nobody invited me, but I just barged in and started posting (hope nobody here minded, and perhaps has been harboring secret resentment ever since ...  ::)). When everyone decamped to BetterMost, I followed.

Katherine - you were welcome at PT, and so much so here too.  No invite needed...was and remains a self-selecting group.  If you feel like you belong, then you undoubtedly do.

And David925 - if I haven't said so already, it's great to see you over here finally.  We've been tapping our toes, twiddling our thumbs and tipping our hats to you, wondering when you'd join us for some fun.

Glad y'all are here.  Time for coffee and cherry cake all around.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2006, 03:31:12 pm »
Yee Haw, pour out the coffee and slice the cake. It's time for a Brokeback Sit Down!
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2006, 07:14:46 pm »
Katherine - you were welcome at PT, and so much so here too.  No invite needed...was and remains a self-selecting group.  If you feel like you belong, then you undoubtedly do.

Thanks, Celeste!  :D I figured by now I had earned my keep, if only in sheer number of words/posts. (And actually, I have always felt right at home at BetterMost!   :-* )

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 02:37:00 am »
i only stayed on imdb for a day or two, then i found out about Bettermost...but before imdb, i was on yahoo for nearly four months...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline TexRob

• Jr. Ranch Hand
How long were you on the IMDb boards?
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2006, 11:05:17 pm »
I was never on IMDB, but I did participate in Yahoo! since I have an account there.  These two places seem completely overrun by trolls.  What a site would tolerate it, I have no idea. At the Atlanta meetup, I heard some of the IMDB horror stories, and I must say I'm glad to have a safe space to express myself.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 11:13:35 pm by TexRob »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 03:29:11 am »
I was never own IMDB, but I did participate in Yahoo! since I have an account there.  These two places seem completely overrun by trolls.  What a site would tolerate it, I have no idea. At the Atlanta meetup, I heard some of the IMDB horror stories, and I must say I'm glad to have a safe space to express myself.

I am happy to see you over here too TexRob. You are correct. There are some terrible horror stories from IMDb. Many of us have lived them. Welcome to Bettermost! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline TexRob

• Jr. Ranch Hand
How long were you on the IMDb boards?
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 11:17:18 pm »
I am happy to see you over here too TexRob. You are correct. There are some terrible horror stories from IMDb. Many of us have lived them. Welcome to Bettermost! :)

Thanks, David.  I'll never understand why major sites would allow that kind of behavior. When I get the chance, I'll really enjoy catching up to some of the interesting discussions going on here.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2006, 09:21:08 pm »
6 months!

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2006, 10:07:42 pm »
"I'll take a cup a coffee, but I can't eat no cake just now."

The first boards I was ever on was IMDb and that was after I saw BBM and was so anxious to 'talk' about the movie. I wasn't on very long - a couple a months - when I got disgusted by the trolls. I tried Dave Cullen's site but found it a big overwhelming. Someone on IMDb sent me a PM telling me about BetterMost. And it was just right!

"Your card said the divorce came through. So...here I am."

BETTERMOST BETTERMOST BETTERMOST BEANS
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:09:41 pm by coffeecat33 »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2006, 10:56:54 pm »
"I'll take a cup a coffee, but I can't eat no cake just now."

The first boards I was ever on was IMDb and that was after I saw BBM and was so anxious to 'talk' about the movie. I wasn't on very long - a couple a months - when I got disgusted by the trolls. I tried Dave Cullen's site but found it a big overwhelming. Someone on IMDb sent me a PM telling me about BetterMost. And it was just right!

It's kind of like a "Goldie Locks and The Three Bears" story.

She tried the big sized IMDb board and it was too trollish.

She tried the middle sized Dave Cullen board and it was too complicated.

But when she tried the little sized Bettermost board, it was juuuuuuust right.

Welcome to Bettermost!   :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.