Author Topic: What is your absolute favorite, wordless moment in BBM?  (Read 19346 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: What is your absolute favorite, wordless moment in BBM?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2006, 03:11:21 pm »
I agree with all the ones mentioned, and would like to add the close-up of Jack after he gets out of the truck where he looks down and his hat covers most of his face, then looks off to his left (our right).

And supresses a smile, like he has checked Ennis out and is thinking, "Yesssss!!!!"

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2006, 03:16:09 pm »
I know! I love it!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 04:07:05 pm »
Like you all have said, there are so many!  If I had to pick my 3 favorite ones, they'd be:

- The first moments with Ennis and Jack outside Aguirre's office - the atmosphere around the boys was basically crackling with sexual tension (whether they realised it or not)...Ennis was like eye candy for Jack, teh way he blatantly ogled him was  :o..fabulous!

- The second tent scene - I watch this everynight before I go to sleep..sweet dreams from there on!  ;D

- The look on Ennis' face as he looks at the 2 shirts hanging in his closet.  After 20 years, that is all he could show for their love.. :'(

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 04:10:32 pm »
That second tent scene is a work of art as far as I'm concerned.  I also watch every night before I go to bed.  Then I look at my husband ,  and the bubble bursts...lol.
Seriously,  the way Jack touches him on the arm makes me think he's testing the waters,  and it is soooo sexy... ;D
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 04:19:22 pm »
Besides the many, many moments mentioned already, there's one wordless scene that just kills me.  At the end of the flashback scene when Jack is sleeping on his feet, Ennis rides off and Jack watches him go.  Cut to Ennis driving away after their confrontation and Jack watches him again, such a different look. 

All the emotions in Jack's face in both those scenes, it just wrenches my guts and heart everytime.  Probably being 39 now has something to do with it, but it's...ugh, I can't even explain it.  But that's the moment for me.

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline opinionista

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2006, 06:35:28 pm »
I like Jack's sad face when he sees Ennis on his horse riding away from him after their first night together. I know it's sort of hearbreaking but it looks like Jack is already in love with Ennis. He seem to wish Ennis would stay around for a little while and have a cup of coffee together.

Also, this scene sort of foretells the kind of relationship they had. Ennis always running away everytime Jack came too close, and Jack standing there all heartbroken seeing him go and wishing things were different. I don't know if you noticed but this scene is actually shown twice. The first time they were together, Ennis rides away and Jack stays at the camp feeling miserable. Their last time together (after the confrontation at the likeside), Ennis drives away, and Jack stays behind seeing him go, remembering the dozy embrace and feeling even more miserable.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 06:38:47 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 06:55:46 pm »
You know, you guys amaze me.  20 times and countless videos, and I never put that together.  This movie just gets deeper and deeper.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2006, 07:17:00 pm »
    Ennis' reaction when he looks out the window and sees Jack, just before going down the steps for the reunion

rtprod - That's probably my all-time favourite worldless moment.

I like Jack's sad face when he sees Ennis on his horse riding away from him after their first night together. I know it's sort of hearbreaking but it looks like Jack is already in love with Ennis. He seem to wish Ennis would stay around for a little while and have a cup of coffee together.

Also, this scene sort of foretells the kind of relationship they had. Ennis always running away everytime Jack came too close, and Jack standing there all heartbroken seeing him go and wishing things were different. I don't know if you noticed but this scene is actually shown twice. The first time they were together, Ennis rides away and Jack stays at the camp feeling miserable. Their last time together (after the confrontation at the likeside), Ennis drives away, and Jack stays behind seeing him go, remembering the dozy embrace and feeling even more miserable.

Aww, opinionista, that's so heartbreaking...

Reading all of these has brought tears to my eyes. And I was so proud to have lasted over a week without crying BBM-related.

One of my favourite moments that I don't think has been mentioned, is the look that Ennis gives Jack when they first get to Brokeback Mountain, after Jack says: "I doubt there's a filly that can throw me. Let's get, 'less you wanna stand around and tie knots all day." The look that Ennis gives him there after Jack says that is so darn cute and sweet, almost as if Ennis is thinking: "Hmm, I wonder what this guy's all about anyway."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 08:38:46 pm »
Thanks littleguitar for reminding me about the part in the 2nd tent scene when Ennis is clinging to his hat and Jack takes it and puts it aside and Ennis looks after it like he's panicking/lost, but it's like Jack saying no more hiding behind hats.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2006, 09:12:53 pm »
Yep, it's good to talk Brokeback again.

Not my favorite, but surely one of them: the

ping

of the guitar string synched with a shot of the mountains with the mist rising off, the first morning Jack wakes up with the sheep.   That shot just kills me, it's so beautiful.  As with everything Ang, there are the physical properties (total gorgeousness) and the deeper purpose: they are in a heavenly place.