Author Topic: OT: Britney Spears Ongoing Career Revitalization Plan  (Read 31518 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
OT: Britney Spears Ongoing Career Revitalization Plan
« on: June 14, 2006, 10:16:11 am »
That's my opinion, at least. I never watch the Today show and I rarely watch Dateline so I will probably miss Brit's upcoming interview with Matt Lauer. It sounds like it will be so excruiatingly bad it will be funny, tho.

Here's a quote:

Britney Spears has told NBC's Matt Lauer that she will move to Namibia "in the near future" to prepare for the birth of her second child, a daughter who is due in "late September or early November." Breaking down in tears during the interview, which will be broadcast Thursday on the Today show and Friday on Dateline, Ms. Spears said she is "an emotional wreck" right now. She blames the paparazzi and the false tabloids for her fragile state of mind.

Jeez, what is Namibia becoming the ob hospital to the stars? Please. And the baby is due in late September or early November? Um, what happened to October, Brit? You got something against birthing babies in October?

Another pearl of wisdom from the brainless Ms. Spears:

Mr. Lauer did ask Ms. Spears why she had chosen Namibia for the birth of her child.

"Kevin has always been a fan of African-American culture," she replied. "I'm sure he'll feel at home there, rapping with all the natives. Besides, there's lots of quiet unpaved roads where Sean Preston and I can go driving."

I am sure Sean Preston, at less than 12 months old, really enjoys driving as a form of entertainment. Especially when he is in his mother's lap when she is behind the wheel.

Why do I read this crap? LOL

L
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 01:08:49 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

Re: OT: Britney Spears is an idiot
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 11:13:52 am »
Why do I read this crap?

The same lame reason I do...LOL

Hmmm....I've always thought she's an idiot but you just confirmed my beliefs...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 11:18:28 am »
The same lame reason I do...LOL

Hmmm....I've always thought she's an idiot but you just confirmed my beliefs...

Wasn't the woman he was involved with (and had two kids with) a person of color? I believe she is. "Rapping with the natives"? Omigod...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 11:19:24 am »
Wasn't the woman he was involved with (and had two kids with) a person of color? I believe she is. "Rapping with the natives"? Omigod...

Yep....Shar Jackson or something like that...and yes she was African American...

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 11:47:22 am »
Jeez, what is Namibia becoming the ob hospital to the stars? Please.

Apparently, especially when you throw in the fact the government will actually run press/tourist visa applications by the stars and let them unilaterally say "yes" or "no" to them, just as what happened with the last celebrity couple.  How nice that Hollywood stars now decide who gets into Namibia and who stays out!  That big check to the hospital system may have had something to do with it....

"Kevin has always been a fan of African-American culture," she replied. "I'm sure he'll feel at home there, rapping with all the natives. Besides, there's lots of quiet unpaved roads where Sean Preston and I can go driving."

Oh no she didn't.  "The natives?"   :o

K-Fed is to rap what Lawrence Welk is to heavy metal.  Ms. Spears can't manage the average LA freeway without bringing Child Protective Services into it.  Unpaved roads in Namibia?

The only possible good news here is that they get lost and the "natives" decide to do the world a major favor and not give them directions back.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 11:58:10 am »
I just love the title of the thread.. :laugh:

Angelina has started a trend ... giving birth in Africa!
Now everyone who is not too busy converting to scientology or Kaballah (or whichever 'religion' is trendy now) can jump on this band wagon! LOL!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:00:36 pm by Lucise »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 12:08:04 pm »
Now everyone who is not too busy converting to scientology or Kaballah (or whichever 'religion' is trendy now) can jump on this band wagon! LOL!

LOL....no joke!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 12:18:30 pm »

The only possible good news here is that they get lost and the "natives" decide to do the world a major favor and not give them directions back.

I'm on my knees and praying...please God, make this happen! Make this come true!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 12:29:09 pm »
I just love the title of the thread.. :laugh:

Except the only part of it that was "giving birth in Africa" was the geography. Apparently, they flew a whole team of US doctors/nurses/techs etc. over to due the delivery; paid a fortune to have an OR/labor/delivery room built in the hotel. The whole thing is completely ridiculous.

People here know what I think of "Brangelina." This quote (from an article in the New York Times about Jennifer Aniston) sums it up perfectly, for me:

Meanwhile, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, perfecting their mastery of the media, have gone from adopting children to adopting a whole country, Namibia. Remarkably, the press has swooned for this stunt, recasting the cad and the femme fatale as humanitarians instead of two people who brought along their Los Angeles obstetrician and who knows how many other loyal retainers to Africa to stage-manage their baby's birth.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 09:03:04 pm »

Except the only part of it that was "giving birth in Africa" was the geography. Apparently, they flew a whole team of US doctors/nurses/techs etc. over to due the delivery; paid a fortune to have an OR/labor/delivery room built in the hotel. The whole thing is completely ridiculous.

People here know what I think of "Brangelina." This quote (from an article in the New York Times about Jennifer Aniston) sums it up perfectly, for me:

Meanwhile, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, perfecting their mastery of the media, have gone from adopting children to adopting a whole country, Namibia. Remarkably, the press has swooned for this stunt, recasting the cad and the femme fatale as humanitarians instead of two people who brought along their Los Angeles obstetrician and who knows how many other loyal retainers to Africa to stage-manage their baby's birth.

That's a bit harsh, don't you think lnicoll?

So what if they brought their own doctors with them?  Wouldn't most of us like to do that when we travel to foreign countries if we could?  Especially one where the medical services are not up to what we would like?

It isn't just Africa.

A relative of mine - a U.S. citizen - was living in Germany and went into labor in the middle of a snowstorm.  In the local hospital she was rushed to, she was given a midwife to help her with the birth.  I think this is standard in Germany.  Anyway, she didn't want a midwife!  She wanted a DOCTOR.

In another case, I forgot who it was, but some ice skater idolizes a fellow ice skater who's from Russia because while at an event there, she became extremely ill and went to a local hospital.  Not exactly the place you want to be ill - a country - at the time - known for re-using syringes and not having antibiotics.  This fellow skater showed up at the hospital with his personal physician and his own personal stock of medical supplies to help her out.

Seems Angelina can't win.

She announces she's having her child in Namibia - people are criticizing her about the poor health care and danger she's putting herself and her soon-to-be-born child in.  So she decides to bring her own doctor.  Now the criticism falls that bringing her own doctor is a 'stunt' or part of her 'posse'.

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Spending and donating millions in a country that sorely needs the money isn't a 'stunt'.  Angelina was giving money to humanitarian causes - becoming a citizen of Cambodia - long before she met Brad or got pregnant.  The New York Times sure has a short memory.

Damned if she does and damned if she doesn't...

OT:  Britney is an idiot.  She needs to cut her losses - KFed - and start reworking her image as a sane professional as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 09:05:51 pm by delalluvia »