Author Topic: OT: Britney Spears Ongoing Career Revitalization Plan  (Read 31476 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: OT: Britney Spears Ongoing Career Revitalization Plan
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 07:52:20 am »
You can take the girl out of the Trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl. 

how sad.    She was so pretty and talented.   I thought when she dumped FedEx that she was finally coming to her senses.

She needs to quit smoking, quit drinking, forget about the tattoos, find a nice wholesome clean cut guy and take a few years off from touring so she can be with her child.  Oh yeah, and remedial driving lessons and how to use a baby seat properly.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 07:06:25 pm »
Oh Britney .. She will definitely lose everything if she continues like this.

What did K Fed do this woman?  She is supposed to be getting her life together, not wrecking it! *sigh*
The problem, IMO,  is not the shaved head .. it is only hair, it'll grow back (plus, who says only long hair is attractive?  ;) )
The issue is with the drinking and smoking and incessant partying .. all that ontop of the fact that she is the mother of 2 children both under 2 years of age..  I hope she cleans up her act and quick..

In the mean time, has anyone heard the song "What goes around comes around" by Justin Timberlake ..
Methinks he is pining over her in that song ..
Lord knows he woulda been better for her than K Fed .. ANYTHING would've been better than K Fed .. ::)

Excerpt from the lyrics ..

Hey girl, is he everything you wanted in a man?
You know I gave you the world
You had me in the palm of your hand
So why your love went away
I just can't seem to understand
Thought it was me and you babe
Me and you until the end
But I guess I was wrong

You spend your nights alone
And he never comes home
And every time you call him
All you get's a busy tone
I heard you found out
That he's doing to you
What you did to me
Ain't that the way it goes ..

Oh boy ..

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 07:17:42 pm »
Apparently, as of today, Britney is back in rehab. She checked herself into an undisclosed rehab facility in Los Angeles.

Now we'll see if this lasts longer than the in-and-out rehab visit of last week.

L

And apparently she signed herself out again.

Oh Britney .. She will definitely lose everything if she continues like this.

In the mean time, has anyone heard the song "What goes around comes around" by Justin Timberlake ..
Methinks he is pining over her in that song ..
Lord knows he woulda been better for her than K Fed .. ANYTHING would've been better than K Fed .. ::)

Excerpt from the lyrics ..

Hey girl, is he everything you wanted in a man?
You know I gave you the world
You had me in the palm of your hand
So why your love went away
I just can't seem to understand
Thought it was me and you babe
Me and you until the end
But I guess I was wrong

You spend your nights alone
And he never comes home
And every time you call him
All you get's a busy tone
I heard you found out
That he's doing to you
What you did to me
Ain't that the way it goes ..

Oh boy ..

Beautiful song Lucise.  I could only hope Justin was singing for Brit.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 07:19:08 pm »
Well, the latest is that she has checked herself out of rehab, once again, less than 24 hours after admission.

Apparently KFed said he would get her hair "tested" (presumably for drugs or other substances) and use this is as "evidence" in the custody dispute that is now underway. That is what prompted the head shaving. But how realistic is that anyway? I wonder what exactly he thought he was going to find in her hair?

Reading about her, and seeing the pictures of all that is going on, is really like watching a train wreck in slow motion....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 07:22:05 pm »

Beautiful song Lucise.  I could only hope Justin was singing for Brit.

It is a good song actually .. I like it.
JT says that it is the best song he ever wrote .. I am so sure it is about her ..

Reading about her, and seeing the pictures of all that is going on, is really like watching a train wreck in slow motion....
I fear I must agree ..  :-\

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2007, 07:50:49 pm »
Well, the latest is that she has checked herself out of rehab, once again, less than 24 hours after admission.

Apparently KFed said he would get her hair "tested" (presumably for drugs or other substances) and use this is as "evidence" in the custody dispute that is now underway. That is what prompted the head shaving. But how realistic is that anyway? I wonder what exactly he thought he was going to find in her hair?

L

I read somewhere, I think it was on People, some psychiatrist expert saying Britney is showing clear sings of having an extended postpartum depression. She gave birth in September so it is possible. I don't know how long these things last but I guess it depends on the woman. And considering that Britney had a tough year while pregnant, her constant run-ins with the paps, the divorce and such, it is possible that she is simply depressed. Anyway, the man said he thinks she isn't getting the attention she needs. So it is possible that she doesn't belong in rehab. The truth is that partying doesn't mean you are an alcoholic or hooked on drugs. Besides, compared to Lindsay Lohan for example or Paris Hilton, Britney hasn't been partying that hard. At least publicly. But who knows. Like I said in previous posts this could easily be a bad publicity stunt. I'm going to try to find the link to post it. I don't recall exactly where I saw it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:53:41 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2007, 08:03:06 pm »
Well, I couldn't find the news item containing the expert analysis on Britney but I did find Gawker's response to it. It's hilarious.

Star magazine and its ilk are always asking "experts" like "New York-based psychologist Dr. Cooper Lawrence" to weigh in on the pressing tabloid issues of the day. With Britney Spears just now apparently checking herself out of rehab, AGAIN, WTF, we wanted in on the action! So we called up Robert Wolski, MD, an honest-to-goodness Manhattan-based board-certified psychiatrist, and asked him to explain the people who explain Britney. Our conversation with Dr. Robert actually ended up helping us work through a few of our issues; we hope you'll find reading it equally therapeutic.

Gawker: So I guess what I'm calling about is, you know how Star and Us Weekly and the Today show are always asking pyschological experts to analyze celebrities who they've never met or treated?

Dr. Robert: Yes.

Gawker: Well, I was wondering if you could tell us why the doctors do this.

Dr. Robert: I really think it has more to do with their ratings. It's mostly for entertainment value. [Britney's breakdown] has been blown completely out of proportion.

Gawker: Well, yes, totally. But I am really more wanting to know why doctors -- you know, board-certified, practicing psychiatrists, like yourself -- share their speculative assumptions about celebrities with gossip magazines and entertainment news TV shows. Why do they do it?

Dr. Robert: These people offer some semblance of respectability...

Gawker: But what motivates them to offer it?

Dr. Robert: Wellllll, they're probably fulfilling some need of their own, for fame. They're seeking the attention of the public at large.

Gawker: [excited] And what are some reasons that a person could engage in fame-seeking behaviors?

Dr. Robert: It's their own insecurities -- their lack of a sense, probably, of fulfillment in their own careers. [Pause.] It's funny because, that's what I'm doing right now, speculating. I don't know these people!

Gawker: Oh, but it's okay because this is different! So what's up with Dr. Phil? I hate him!

Dr. Robert: Dr. Phil is a very special man. He likes the recognition. I mean, what makes an actor enjoy being in public? Some say it's the art. But it's approval-seeking. I have a feeling that Dr. Phil has always been sort of extroverted. But I don't know his birth order or anything. See, I don't know anything about him! I shouldn't speculate.

Gawker: [Sigh.] Well, thanks!

http://gawker.com/news/britney-spears/expert-analysis-britney-spears-out-of-rehab-238459.php
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2007, 10:34:58 pm »
I read somewhere, I think it was on People, some psychiatrist expert saying Britney is showing clear sings of having an extended postpartum depression. She gave birth in September so it is possible. I don't know how long these things last but I guess it depends on the woman. And considering that Britney had a tough year while pregnant, her constant run-ins with the paps, the divorce and such, it is possible that she is simply depressed. Anyway, the man said he thinks she isn't getting the attention she needs. So it is possible that she doesn't belong in rehab. The truth is that partying doesn't mean you are an alcoholic or hooked on drugs. Besides, compared to Lindsay Lohan for example or Paris Hilton, Britney hasn't been partying that hard. At least publicly. But who knows. Like I said in previous posts this could easily be a bad publicity stunt. I'm going to try to find the link to post it. I don't recall exactly where I saw it.

Well said.  I agree.  I was thinking she's having a meltdown, not sure why, but then again, think of the pressures on her.  She's in the middle of what looks like a rough divorce.  That's hard on anyone, much less a young woman who's not used to failure.  And she has to do it in front of millions of viewers.  She's the mother of two young children.  Possibly one was an oops and was unplanned, but she had it anyway. More stress.  She's made her living on her stage shows and music.  She hasn't put out anything new in years, her fan base is aging - and so is she - she can't afford to be off the charts for very long or she won't be able to get back on - she has trouble getting the weight off so that she can go back to performing, she has the demands of two children and lawyers, her ex and probably her mother nagging at her constantly, so knuckling down and being disciplined and staying on a diet/exercise program when she's pretty much now on her own is probably too much for her.  Her life probably seems like one big job.  She wants to have some enjoyment in life, so she leaves off the exercise and work and eats Big Macs and when her jeans start getting too tight, she decides to go out partying.  I'm surprised people criticized her partying. 

How often is she out?  Once a week?  Twice?   That's much less than most of my college buddies used to do or young co-workers do now.  She has two young children?  They went to sleep at 7 pm and she didn't leave them alone in the house, so it matters little right now in their lives that she isn't home a couple of nights out of the week.

The panty-less thing was stupid.  For a great many years I never wore underwear if I couldn't help it.  It isn't the fact of not wearing underwear, its the problem of getting caught not wearing underwear.  Many people who don't wear underwear also don't have a bevy of paparazzi snapping pictures with their every step.  Many people don't wear underwear, you just don't know it.

It seems more and more like she is suffering some sort of post-partum depression and the media coverage and criticism of her every move makes things worse.  It's difficult being the butt of everyone's jokes.

injest

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2007, 11:02:51 pm »
I agree with everything you said, Del...but the thing with the undies...I just want to say that you look at what you are wearing out...it is like bras. If you are wearing a halter dress you don't wear a reg bra under it. If you are wearing a dress that BARELY covers your private parts you put on a pair of panties. Common sense. And she KNOWS that the papparazzi are out there WAITING to catch her...If she was pantyless with a pair of jeans we wouldn't care. (and the paparazzi wouldn't have made any money off her.)

The other thing is she is choosing her companions very badly. I mean really...Paris Hilton? Is there anyone left on the planet that isn't aware of how cruel Paris is? Am I the only one who sees how she starts crap and then sits there laughing at people?

How anyone can be so stupid as to go out with that shark deserves what they get. I learned in HIGH SCHOOL that if someone will be cruel to one friend they will be cruel to all their friends.

In fact that is what this whole mess feels like...high school.

just sad.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2007, 11:30:39 pm »
I agree with everything you said, Del...but the thing with the undies...I just want to say that you look at what you are wearing out...it is like bras. If you are wearing a halter dress you don't wear a reg bra under it. If you are wearing a dress that BARELY covers your private parts you put on a pair of panties. Common sense. And she KNOWS that the papparazzi are out there WAITING to catch her...If she was pantyless with a pair of jeans we wouldn't care. (and the paparazzi wouldn't have made any money off her.)

The other thing is she is choosing her companions very badly. I mean really...Paris Hilton? Is there anyone left on the planet that isn't aware of how cruel Paris is? Am I the only one who sees how she starts crap and then sits there laughing at people?

How anyone can be so stupid as to go out with that shark deserves what they get. I learned in HIGH SCHOOL that if someone will be cruel to one friend they will be cruel to all their friends.

In fact that is what this whole mess feels like...high school.

just sad.

Panty issue conceded.  I didn't see how short her dress was.

As for picking companions...Did the skank pack actually GO to high school?  Aren't most of them drop-outs?  They're learning what we learned then, now.  So yeah, they're all acting like clique-y high schoolers because they didn't go to high school I reckon and get that childishness out of their systems.