Author Topic: Pridefest 2006--NYC (still need a little help--see latest posts)  (Read 12369 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Hello sweet Tremblayans,

I’ve got a favor to ask. As part of my mission to spread the word about Brokeback and simultaneously raise money to help end homophobia and hate crimes, I’m going to try and sell some shirts at the mega huge Manhattan-based Pridefest that happens in 11 days. I’ve been running around town all week getting the required permits and licenses for it, and today is the day I can finally take those things to the festival sponsors and register to rent a booth.

Here’s the catch: I found out that the fee for getting a booth space is pretty hefty--$215 if I can persuade them to treat me like a not-for-profit (which I am, but not officially), and $365 if they decide to treat me like a normal business. I’m quaking in my cowgirl boots at that last figure—that’s more than the total amount I’ve raised so far from my online sales.

So, I am coming to you to ask for your help in sponsoring me to get a booth. If you can send me a small check (or a large one!) to help me offset my costs, you’ll be helping me to clothe new brokies and save the money I have already raised for the Matthew Shepard Foundation. Anything you send will either go towards the booth rental for the event, or will be sent to the Matthew Shepard Foundation if I make a profit at Pridefest. (People tell me I will have no problem selling tons of shirts, but I am a little nervous considering that I am about to charge a lot of money to my credit card to purhchase the shirts themselves.)

If you want to help out, just PM me and I will PM you back with my address. Thank you very very much!

Jenny

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:53:29 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Pridefest 2006--Can you help a brokie out?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:38:46 pm »
Jenny, it's a great cause and a great idea--I'll send something for your booth--I'll send you a PM immediately --

John
 :)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:26:03 pm »
From Jenny on the west coast to the Jenny on the east coast,

This is a great cause what you are doing, Jenny.  Thanks for doing this.  I maybe too shy to wear one of those T-shirts as I don't normally wear shirts with any words on it, but I will check it out to see if there is anything that is not so explicit or "nasty" that I may wear :).

I don't think we actually talked over the phone.  The phone was passed to me and as I was about to say hello, someone else asked for it as they wanted to talk to you, so what a bummer.  Anyway, hello!  I will be happy to help out a sister for a good cause, check your PM.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 03:45:31 pm »
Hey! Thank you to the people who have offered to help out! It all makes more $$ available for the cause.

I have excellent news! I went at lunch to get my actual booth space from the festival sponsors and they let me have the not-for-profit rate!! I had decided before I went that I wouldn't do it unless I could get it for that rate. I got it without having to bat my eyelashes or explain my story either, thank god.

So, even with that big break, any help I can get is still greatly appreciated--even a $5 bill from that coffee can where you're savin for that spread. I will still have to sell a couple dozen shirts just to break even at this point (of course, that just means the price of the booth rental--it doesn't count the several hundred $$ I'm spending to get the shirts in the first place--hopefully they'll go like hot cakes!).

:-* :-* :-*,
Jenny

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:21:17 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 03:51:31 pm »
Jenny, PM me your address and I'll send you a check.  I'm proud of you.  Love, Clarissa

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 04:01:24 pm »
Tremblayans love John Gallagher!

Nice sig line, Elle!!!

I'm PMing you now. Thanks, sweetie! :) :) :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:52:43 pm »
Jenny, a check is in the mail to you.  :-*

Good luck!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 07:49:18 pm »
Jenny,

I can't exactly make it rain money like L.D. Newsome, but I can help.  Check your PM.

It's great that you are so motivated to make this happen!  -- Alec
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 12:12:19 am »
Jenny-

Send me an address and I'll send you a check. Also, I want to order two hats like Barb's.

Ruby

O0

Heathen

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 03:29:52 am »
Jenny - count me in and PM me an address...I ordered a couple of new shirts from you several days ago so I must have been receiving a subliminal message.  Terrific cause and I'm happy to help.  You go girl!  And take some pics if you can swing it so we can share in the fun!
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 04:04:47 am »
Jenny...

do you have paypal??

I think a cheque may take weeks to get across the atlantic from here!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 10:30:26 am »
Jenny...

do you have paypal??

I think a cheque may take weeks to get across the atlantic from here!!

I do have paypal (but have never had anyone pay *me* through it, though I upgraded my account so that could happen).  I am looking into how it works in the next hour or two--Kelda is saying that I just give my email address to people to use.

Thanks so much to all who are helping me make this successful and less stressful financially!! I really appreciate it, more than you could know.

Love,

Jenny

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 10:30:51 am »
John Gallagher?  John Nasty!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 10:40:15 am »
OMG, that is too funny. I should make him a shirt that says that.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 11:05:57 am »
Good news for those who have asked me if I have paypal. I just got the info and my god, it is so easy. if you use Paypal,  click the "send money" button and just type in my email address and then the amount you want to send.

I will PM you with my email address if you want to send me money in this way. Again, my gratitude to all of you for helping out. It's making my day!

Jenny

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 04:43:48 pm »
I'd be glad to help out, too, Jenny.  Please PM me your address (again - sorry) when you have a chance.

And be warned:  Your hat and lasso necklace was a *big* hit at the Castro.  I'm sure Rouxb's won't be the last order you'll receive for it.  :)
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
HOORAY! 63 (the magic number) shirts are going into production on Monday!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 01:20:10 pm »
Hey all,

I just wanted to drop the good news that I placed my order for 63 shirts (calling the magic of the first summer on Brokeback) and they should arrive on Wednesday. I was a little scared about the delivery date but I just got a call from the production people (I don't actually make them, just design them) which was so nice of them to call me back on a Saturday, and they said it will start production on Monday and ship Monday or Tuesday overnight. YEEHAW!

I am really excited now. I also found out I am going to be the booth between the ACLU booth and the BRAVO networks booth!!! I love those organizations, and I think I'll fit in just great between 'em. Now I just gotta go get the clothes rack and table I am borrowing, and do some kind of signage, get a lockbox, some bags and a lotta change, and we're in business! Thank you again so much to everyone who is sending checks or donating to Paypal. My goal is to raise $500 for the Foundation next Sunday. Send those rays of sunshine and those hungry brokies my way!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 03:35:10 pm by newyearsday »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:42:45 pm »
That's really exciting, Jenny!  Way to go!  8)

Be sure to let us know where you'll be in Brooklyn and when you'll be there, in case we can stop by and lend moral support.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 03:41:24 pm »
Hey Meryl,

love the new sig line by the way (inspired by yours truly, who was of course inspired by both Anke and JFK to come up with it). ;)

Just to set the record, er...straight, I will be at the MANHATTAN Pridefest next weekend, Sunday June 25th, with my booth and shirts. Last weekend I just handed out my cards to people at the Brooklyn Pride Festival, but this one is reeeaaaalllllyyy huge and so I'm goin for brokeback.  ;D

So yes, please do stop by, and that goes for all NY area brokies. I definitely want to see you, and I'll need you to guard my stuff while I got take a pee break! 

I just made a couple of new YEEE-HAW! shirts that I am excited about too--I'm putting in a pic of one of them. In fact, I feel the urge coming on right now, can't help it--YEEEEHAAAW!!!
Ah, that felt good.

Enjoy the day, brokies,

Jenny

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 03:56:58 pm by newyearsday »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 12:50:15 am »
Here's the update for the Pride booth:

1) I got the shirts!! They are in a big box waiting to be taken to Juan's place for safe keeping till Sunday. I can't wait to see them. I haven't peeked yet. Can you believe it?

2) I received enough donations to cover my booth costs in full, plus some to let me make a good 4 ft banner at Kinkos, to hang at the event. And, the very last of the donations even covers my other expenses like making little flyers to hand out to people WHEN I sell out of shirts. Whooppie! Thank you all so very much for your incredible generosity. I could NOT be doing this without you all.

3) the Dave Cullen Daily Sheet Editors agreed to post a little blurb about my booth on the widely read Daily Sheet for yesterday. This is great news, b/c generally they do not promote other people's businesses, since they have to support their own site, understandably. But they let people know that I would be selling things related to BBM and that I would love to meet other NY area brokies. So, I am ecstatic about this. Thanks also to Lynne for getting the ball rolling by posting over on the DC forum in the first place about my booth.

4) The only bad news is that it might rain on Sunday. Lot's of storms moving through this weekend, so please please please, pray for or visualize for me a day of no rain or thunderstorms. Sometimes they are really wrong about that stuff, and I don't have a tent canopy to put my shirts under, so let's all hold hands and see the sun breaking through those clouds and that soft breeze blowing gently through the t-shirts on the rack.

If you are coming by on Sunday, please PM me to talk about when you are coming so I can try and space out the short breaks that your visits will allow me to have!  I can't wait to see you all there! This is truly a CT/bettermost group effort and I am giving you all credit where credit is due.  :) :) :) :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :D :D :D :D

Love,

Jenny
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:53:10 am by newyearsday »

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 01:02:48 am »
Jenny that is all just good news...I hope the weather holds out.  Will keep you in my thoughts.  I wonder what Phillip would think of us making up business cards of sorts to promote BetterMost with the web info?  I've been writing it on cocktail napkins, and that's not as classy as it could be...I'd like to see us make that 500 members by the end-of-month.
-Lynne
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 05:37:08 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 10:35:56 am »
Well, as a matter of fact, I have made business cards for my shop and will be handing them out on Sunday, and I do have a plug for the bettermost and davecullen boards on them (it felt right to me to put both, somehow).

It's on the back of my cards, where I explain a little more about the mission, and at the end I put "For online communities of Brokeback fans, go to www.bettermost.net and www.brokeback.davecullen.com."  I will also have a thank you sign at the table that highlights bettermost specifically and everyone here for helping me make this happen. Hope those two things will bring some new members our way!

Jenny

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 12:55:18 pm »
Jenny, congratulations on a job well done!  You have all the makings of a very successful booth!  8)

I'm hoping to stop by around mid-afternoon, but I can't say yet for sure.  Two friends are coming in from abroad on Saturday, and I'm going to suggest having lunch in the Village and then walking down to see you.  I'll give you a call on your cell and let you know the final plan. 

I'll pray for no rain, but it might be a good idea to grab one of those plastic sheets that hardware stores sell as a dropcloth for painters.  They're cheap, and it would cover a rack of T-shirts.  Good luck!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 02:00:47 pm »
Has anybody ever told you that you're a real thinker, Meryl? Well, you are.

thanks for the great suggestion, I will get on that pronto.

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 09:47:24 pm »
BEST OF LUCK, JENNY, on what will have to be a sunny, clear Sunday.  Mother Nature would not want to mess with Planet Brokie, would She?  You are doing a terrific job.
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 05:39:04 pm »
I posted this on the thread in the Open Forum, too:

I saw Jenny today!  She was manning her "booth," which was basically a table and a clothes rack down on Hudson Street amongst many, many food and merchandise booths and lots of people.  A very nice display, and a terrific banner, too!  She had sold around 10 shirts when we stopped by about 2:30 and had a list of e-mail addresses for orders.  Though it had rained earlier, she survived by putting plastic over the merch.   8)

I just missed seeing Dee Dee, but I got to talk to her by cellphone.  It was so crowded and sticky-humid, neither of us wanted to walk the blocks necessary to meet up!  We'll connect later, I'm sure.   ;D

My friends from London and I ate at the Spotted Pig, just around the corner from the Cowgirl, and I recommend it.  Good food and a charming cottage-y atmosphere.  Both Heath and Jake have been known to eat there, so that gives it an added pizzazz!    ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 11:14:15 pm »
Hi Meryl!

Glad you liked the Spotted Pig--I went there for the first opening night and unfortunately I've never had the chance to go back--hope we go again!

Jenny!

I'm sorry I didn't go to your booth today, I got overtired--slept from 1:00 to 4:00, oops! I want to buy two tee-shirts from you next week, one for me and one to give my friend Judy, visiting from San Francisco (woman's medium). By the way, thought you might be interested, Judy's dog, Peanut, is an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) like Brokeback!

See you soon,

xxxxx
John
 :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:16:35 pm by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 11:26:34 pm »

Jenny, what do you think--another shirt for Revolutiontees?

John
xxxx
 ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 11:29:39 pm by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 11:31:20 pm »
Hi John!  :-*

So you've been to the Spotted Pig, too?  Jake and Heath must have heard, and that's why they tried it out!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Pridefest 2006--NYC (still need a little help--see latest posts)
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 12:14:11 am »
Hello everyone! I am back from my LOOOOOOOOOONG day at Pridefest 2006. Before I turn my weary ass in, thought I'd stop by and check in (uh-oh, this performace thread is obviously going to my head! (and that's a double rhyme right there!)). There'll be more details forthcoming soon as I can get some sleep, but what a day. I was under the great fortune of being visited by three tremblayans--Juan, Meryl (with two guests), and DeeDee (along with her husband and friend), at various parts of the day. These were definitely the highlights for me. DeeDee's friend and co-worker blew me away with her take-charge positive attitude--within 3 minutes of my meeting her, she was standing next to my booth on the "walking side" holding up shirts for people to read as they walked by, and she did so for over an hour!

Juan came by at one point and met DeeDee for the first time. At different times, both these parties gave me great help, brought me food and water, and let me take the all important pee breaks while they watched the booth for me. Meryl's visit was also a delight, though a bit more brief, as she had guests to show around and it was quite humid.

In the morning it poured rain on me for about 30 minutes, but because of Meryl's excellent advice, I had come prepared with my ground cloths, which kept my shirts and everything else from getting totally drenched. Thanks Meryl!!

Unfortunately, and to my surprise, I did *not* sell out as I hoped to. So, that's where you could come in if you want to get a great shirt at a great price. I will post more about this when I can think straight, but I am about 8 shirt-sales short of making a profit, and after that a couple dozen shirts are left, which I'd love to sell if I want to turn a sizeable profit for the Foundation. Tomorrow I will start posting some pictures of the shirts I have yet to sell, and you guys can see which one's you might like to get. I'll try to do this on the other boards too, and with any luck we'll soon be in the black rather than redlining it still (not that that wouldn't be a fine state to be in under a different context  ;))

So goodnight sweet tremlayans, and bettermosters; I thought of you and spoke of you today several times, and will be forever grateful for your generosity to me and the cause I'm championing.

love,

Jenny
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:23:59 pm by newyearsday »

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 12:50:31 am »
JMGallagher, a blue heeler pup showed up on my sister's doorstep - one white/blue eye and one brown eye.  Gorgeous.  He really loves me, and I am thinking about taking him back to Los Angeles with me in a few months.  We found out where he came from, but the mother had a big litter, and the owner doesn't really want him back. 

I know...sort of OT, but your Blue Heeler T-shirt idea got me going.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 05:32:20 am »
jenny!

I've sent you  little email.

mwha!

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline David

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 07:28:29 am »
Hi Jenny!

Good job on the Pride event!    Sorry I couldn't make it down.   

Tell you what....how about posting which shirts you ended up with a surplus of?   This way we can help spread the word and maybe buy some as gifts for fellow Brokies?    If they are on your site can the pics be cut and pasted here?

David   :)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 09:42:01 am »
Hi Jenny!

Good job on the Pride event!    Sorry I couldn't make it down.   

Tell you what....how about posting which shirts you ended up with a surplus of?   This way we can help spread the word and maybe buy some as gifts for fellow Brokies?    If they are on your site can the pics be cut and pasted here?

David   :)

Thanks, David. Yes, I will be posting pics of the leftover items later tonight when I get home. I was just too tired after my 14 hour day to do that last night at 11:30. Juan suggested last night (as he was helping me break down my booth--THANK YOU!) that where I was in the festival--three blocks into it, and kind of near the end--may have affected my sales (along with the bad weather). There were also so many people walking by at times that it was like a river of bodies.

And though I love the "Revolution tees" name too, it's actually "revelation tees" (for the description of the actors' performances, and the movie, in many reviewer's words. Jake might have also used the word revelation when talking at the Aero screening, about not needing to know the details of Jack's death for the movie to be a revelation, or something to that effect. But I wasn't there so I don't know for sure.)

More tonite, but off to work now!

Jenny
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:27:32 pm by newyearsday »

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 10:55:20 am »
Hey all,

Pride was a lot of fun.  It's always a long day, even when you're not behind a booth all day!  We gotta give it up for Jenny cuz she put in so much work selling those shirts and spreading the word.  It was kind of fun seeing people's reaction to the shirts, mostly wide-eyed squeals of "Ohmigod Brokeback!"

It was great meeting DeeDee as well, she seemed so cool.  I was with a group of friends so I didn't have as much time to talk and get to know her, but she was very very warm.  Other than that I mostly watched the parade from the corner of 5th Avenue and 42nd Street.  The parade itself was good, but it's gotten too cluttered up with these floats that have nothing to do with pride (Altoids?  Chase Manhattan bank?)

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 11:17:36 am »
And, let's give it up for Juan for being such an angel (I didn't have no wings like Juan!) and coming out at 10 pm to help me break camp, pack up my gear, and head down the mountain with the sheep  ;)

He's a good brokie, ain't he?

Couldn't a done it without him, so big thanks again to you, Juan. 

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 06:09:29 pm »
No shock here, but my husband and my friend just loved our Jenny.  She was so warm and friendly right away to them.  This girl broke her butt all day pushing those shirts and deserves kudos from all of us.

And Juan, what can I say?  "never enough time, never enough...."  The next time I'm in town, we can sit and chat without all the mayhem..

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 12:40:15 am »
Hey everybody,

As promised, here are the shirts I still have left over from the Pride booth. I am showing the men's styles and women's styles separately (just to break up the space a bit, but plenty of women were buying the men's styles Saturday, so don't let that stop you.) The sizes I have left are in bold.

Even though all the profits go to a great cause, I have put a price range under each shirt, to give people a break, in case the upper end is too much. I would also guess that shipping for these would be around $3 for US shipping (more for international) if you want it to be insured, which I recommend.

If you are interested in any of them, you can PM me to get my address (for sending a check) or my email address (for paying through paypal.) They are made using high quality technology and will not fade like an iron-on transfer would. Just wash them inside out in warm water and they will last for years. Thanks for the interest!! (women's shirts to follow this post)

MEN'S SHIRTS:

Jack Twist? Jack Nasty!  (double sided print) 2 Lrg ($21-25)

You may be a sinner...but I ain't yet had the opportunity (cut of this shirt is a little less "square" than the picture shows. Roomier arm holes. 2 Sm, 1 Med, 2 Lg ($20-23)

YEEE-HAW!   1 Sm ($20-23)

brokeback got me good   1 Sm ($20-23)

brokeback got me good   1 Sm, 1 Med ($20-23)

"There ain't no reins on this one..."  1 Sm, 1 Med ($21-24)

What're you waitin' for cowboy, a matin' call?  1 Sm ($17-20)

Thanks for looking!

Jenny
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:39:34 pm by newyearsday »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 01:06:50 am »
Howdy, here are the women's tees. See my post above for ordering info (basically, PM me for my address or email address, depending on whether you are paying by check or via paypal.) And again, the price range listed is meant to give people options for how much they can afford.

Happy shopping, and thanks everyone, for your help again this weekend. I'll post my photos when I get them.  :D

WOMEN'S SHIRTS:

Matin' call shirt in stretchy yoga top (runs small) 1 Sm, 1 Med, 1 Lg ($20-22)

Reins shirt with rider and low-startle point horse 1 Med, 2 Lg ($20-22)

Yeee-haw! 1 Med ($20-23)

brokeback got me good  1 Med, 2 Lg ($17-20)

Reins, without rider and horse 1 Sm, 1 Med, 1 Lg ($17-20)

Reins on black tee without rider and horse 1 Med, 1 XL ($17-20)

And now, it's off to bed!

Jenny

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:07:49 pm by newyearsday »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 02:53:59 pm »
Hey everyone, check it out--I got written up in an online blog--Whoo-wee! Yay-ah!

http://flypaper.bluefly.com/

They got my age wrong, but who cares--there's a link to my shop in there!

(all the same, your interest in what's left from Pridefest is still MUCH appreciated.)

Jenny  ;D :D :)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:06:08 pm by newyearsday »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 03:16:48 pm »
Congrats Jenny!  That's great publicity, and a very nice picture of you. ;)

They got your age wrong?  Anytime anyone want to say I am 25, they are more than welcome. ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 10:38:09 pm »
Woo-hoo, Jenny, nice picture!  Congrats!  ;D

(The link didn't take me to your stuff, though, only to the design site)  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2006, 10:21:43 am »
Thanks Meryl and JennyC! Meryl, when I click on the link that says "T-shirt line" it takes me right to my store. Let me know if it's still not working.

And, if any of you have been taking your time deciding which shirt(s) to get, wait no longer! I'm just 4 or 5 sales short of going into the black, and there's a lot of great stuff (see pictures in my post above). Pretty soon it'll be a nice $20 or $22 donation you'll be making to the MSF, and getting a great T at the same time. They make wonderful gifts too, for the brokies in your life who may not be BetterMosters.

Jenny  :D

P.S. YAY for reaching and surpassing the 500 member goal!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:26:01 am by newyearsday »

Offline opinionista

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2006, 12:00:40 pm »
Hey all,

Pride was a lot of fun.  It's always a long day, even when you're not behind a booth all day!  We gotta give it up for Jenny cuz she put in so much work selling those shirts and spreading the word.  It was kind of fun seeing people's reaction to the shirts, mostly wide-eyed squeals of "Ohmigod Brokeback!"

It was great meeting DeeDee as well, she seemed so cool.  I was with a group of friends so I didn't have as much time to talk and get to know her, but she was very very warm.  Other than that I mostly watched the parade from the corner of 5th Avenue and 42nd Street.  The parade itself was good, but it's gotten too cluttered up with these floats that have nothing to do with pride (Altoids?  Chase Manhattan bank?)

Juan

Question: Do people party till the wee hours in NY, during the gay pride fests (not on bars but on the streets)? I'm wondering because here in Madrid (gay pride fest is this weekend) there's a party on the streets of Chueca, Madrid's official gay zone. I was there last night, left at 5 AM, and the streets were still packed at that hour, people dancing to DJ music and having a lot of fun.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2006, 12:08:15 pm »
Thanks Meryl and JennyC! Meryl, when I click on the link that says "T-shirt line" it takes me right to my store. Let me know if it's still not working.

It worked for me just now, Jenny!  Nice looking site.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 05:43:49 pm »
I love the you may be a sinner one Jen! it rawks!!