Author Topic: Pridefest 2006--NYC (still need a little help--see latest posts)  (Read 12495 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Pridefest 2006--Can you help a brokie out?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 04:04:47 am »
Jenny...

do you have paypal??

I think a cheque may take weeks to get across the atlantic from here!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 10:30:26 am »
Jenny...

do you have paypal??

I think a cheque may take weeks to get across the atlantic from here!!

I do have paypal (but have never had anyone pay *me* through it, though I upgraded my account so that could happen).  I am looking into how it works in the next hour or two--Kelda is saying that I just give my email address to people to use.

Thanks so much to all who are helping me make this successful and less stressful financially!! I really appreciate it, more than you could know.

Love,

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 10:30:51 am »
John Gallagher?  John Nasty!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 10:40:15 am »
OMG, that is too funny. I should make him a shirt that says that.
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 11:05:57 am »
Good news for those who have asked me if I have paypal. I just got the info and my god, it is so easy. if you use Paypal,  click the "send money" button and just type in my email address and then the amount you want to send.

I will PM you with my email address if you want to send me money in this way. Again, my gratitude to all of you for helping out. It's making my day!

Jenny

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 04:43:48 pm »
I'd be glad to help out, too, Jenny.  Please PM me your address (again - sorry) when you have a chance.

And be warned:  Your hat and lasso necklace was a *big* hit at the Castro.  I'm sure Rouxb's won't be the last order you'll receive for it.  :)
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
HOORAY! 63 (the magic number) shirts are going into production on Monday!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 01:20:10 pm »
Hey all,

I just wanted to drop the good news that I placed my order for 63 shirts (calling the magic of the first summer on Brokeback) and they should arrive on Wednesday. I was a little scared about the delivery date but I just got a call from the production people (I don't actually make them, just design them) which was so nice of them to call me back on a Saturday, and they said it will start production on Monday and ship Monday or Tuesday overnight. YEEHAW!

I am really excited now. I also found out I am going to be the booth between the ACLU booth and the BRAVO networks booth!!! I love those organizations, and I think I'll fit in just great between 'em. Now I just gotta go get the clothes rack and table I am borrowing, and do some kind of signage, get a lockbox, some bags and a lotta change, and we're in business! Thank you again so much to everyone who is sending checks or donating to Paypal. My goal is to raise $500 for the Foundation next Sunday. Send those rays of sunshine and those hungry brokies my way!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 03:35:10 pm by newyearsday »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:42:45 pm »
That's really exciting, Jenny!  Way to go!  8)

Be sure to let us know where you'll be in Brooklyn and when you'll be there, in case we can stop by and lend moral support.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 03:41:24 pm »
Hey Meryl,

love the new sig line by the way (inspired by yours truly, who was of course inspired by both Anke and JFK to come up with it). ;)

Just to set the record, er...straight, I will be at the MANHATTAN Pridefest next weekend, Sunday June 25th, with my booth and shirts. Last weekend I just handed out my cards to people at the Brooklyn Pride Festival, but this one is reeeaaaalllllyyy huge and so I'm goin for brokeback.  ;D

So yes, please do stop by, and that goes for all NY area brokies. I definitely want to see you, and I'll need you to guard my stuff while I got take a pee break! 

I just made a couple of new YEEE-HAW! shirts that I am excited about too--I'm putting in a pic of one of them. In fact, I feel the urge coming on right now, can't help it--YEEEEHAAAW!!!
Ah, that felt good.

Enjoy the day, brokies,

Jenny

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 03:56:58 pm by newyearsday »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 12:50:15 am »
Here's the update for the Pride booth:

1) I got the shirts!! They are in a big box waiting to be taken to Juan's place for safe keeping till Sunday. I can't wait to see them. I haven't peeked yet. Can you believe it?

2) I received enough donations to cover my booth costs in full, plus some to let me make a good 4 ft banner at Kinkos, to hang at the event. And, the very last of the donations even covers my other expenses like making little flyers to hand out to people WHEN I sell out of shirts. Whooppie! Thank you all so very much for your incredible generosity. I could NOT be doing this without you all.

3) the Dave Cullen Daily Sheet Editors agreed to post a little blurb about my booth on the widely read Daily Sheet for yesterday. This is great news, b/c generally they do not promote other people's businesses, since they have to support their own site, understandably. But they let people know that I would be selling things related to BBM and that I would love to meet other NY area brokies. So, I am ecstatic about this. Thanks also to Lynne for getting the ball rolling by posting over on the DC forum in the first place about my booth.

4) The only bad news is that it might rain on Sunday. Lot's of storms moving through this weekend, so please please please, pray for or visualize for me a day of no rain or thunderstorms. Sometimes they are really wrong about that stuff, and I don't have a tent canopy to put my shirts under, so let's all hold hands and see the sun breaking through those clouds and that soft breeze blowing gently through the t-shirts on the rack.

If you are coming by on Sunday, please PM me to talk about when you are coming so I can try and space out the short breaks that your visits will allow me to have!  I can't wait to see you all there! This is truly a CT/bettermost group effort and I am giving you all credit where credit is due.  :) :) :) :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :D :D :D :D

Love,

Jenny
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 12:53:10 am by newyearsday »