Author Topic: Pridefest 2006--NYC (still need a little help--see latest posts)  (Read 12497 times)

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Re: Pridefest 2006--NYC (still need a little help--see latest posts)
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 12:50:31 am »
JMGallagher, a blue heeler pup showed up on my sister's doorstep - one white/blue eye and one brown eye.  Gorgeous.  He really loves me, and I am thinking about taking him back to Los Angeles with me in a few months.  We found out where he came from, but the mother had a big litter, and the owner doesn't really want him back. 

I know...sort of OT, but your Blue Heeler T-shirt idea got me going.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 05:32:20 am »
jenny!

I've sent you  little email.

mwha!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 07:28:29 am »
Hi Jenny!

Good job on the Pride event!    Sorry I couldn't make it down.   

Tell you what....how about posting which shirts you ended up with a surplus of?   This way we can help spread the word and maybe buy some as gifts for fellow Brokies?    If they are on your site can the pics be cut and pasted here?

David   :)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 09:42:01 am »
Hi Jenny!

Good job on the Pride event!    Sorry I couldn't make it down.   

Tell you what....how about posting which shirts you ended up with a surplus of?   This way we can help spread the word and maybe buy some as gifts for fellow Brokies?    If they are on your site can the pics be cut and pasted here?

David   :)

Thanks, David. Yes, I will be posting pics of the leftover items later tonight when I get home. I was just too tired after my 14 hour day to do that last night at 11:30. Juan suggested last night (as he was helping me break down my booth--THANK YOU!) that where I was in the festival--three blocks into it, and kind of near the end--may have affected my sales (along with the bad weather). There were also so many people walking by at times that it was like a river of bodies.

And though I love the "Revolution tees" name too, it's actually "revelation tees" (for the description of the actors' performances, and the movie, in many reviewer's words. Jake might have also used the word revelation when talking at the Aero screening, about not needing to know the details of Jack's death for the movie to be a revelation, or something to that effect. But I wasn't there so I don't know for sure.)

More tonite, but off to work now!

Jenny
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:27:32 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2006, 10:55:20 am »
Hey all,

Pride was a lot of fun.  It's always a long day, even when you're not behind a booth all day!  We gotta give it up for Jenny cuz she put in so much work selling those shirts and spreading the word.  It was kind of fun seeing people's reaction to the shirts, mostly wide-eyed squeals of "Ohmigod Brokeback!"

It was great meeting DeeDee as well, she seemed so cool.  I was with a group of friends so I didn't have as much time to talk and get to know her, but she was very very warm.  Other than that I mostly watched the parade from the corner of 5th Avenue and 42nd Street.  The parade itself was good, but it's gotten too cluttered up with these floats that have nothing to do with pride (Altoids?  Chase Manhattan bank?)

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 11:17:36 am »
And, let's give it up for Juan for being such an angel (I didn't have no wings like Juan!) and coming out at 10 pm to help me break camp, pack up my gear, and head down the mountain with the sheep  ;)

He's a good brokie, ain't he?

Couldn't a done it without him, so big thanks again to you, Juan. 
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 06:09:29 pm »
No shock here, but my husband and my friend just loved our Jenny.  She was so warm and friendly right away to them.  This girl broke her butt all day pushing those shirts and deserves kudos from all of us.

And Juan, what can I say?  "never enough time, never enough...."  The next time I'm in town, we can sit and chat without all the mayhem..

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 12:40:15 am »
Hey everybody,

As promised, here are the shirts I still have left over from the Pride booth. I am showing the men's styles and women's styles separately (just to break up the space a bit, but plenty of women were buying the men's styles Saturday, so don't let that stop you.) The sizes I have left are in bold.

Even though all the profits go to a great cause, I have put a price range under each shirt, to give people a break, in case the upper end is too much. I would also guess that shipping for these would be around $3 for US shipping (more for international) if you want it to be insured, which I recommend.

If you are interested in any of them, you can PM me to get my address (for sending a check) or my email address (for paying through paypal.) They are made using high quality technology and will not fade like an iron-on transfer would. Just wash them inside out in warm water and they will last for years. Thanks for the interest!! (women's shirts to follow this post)

MEN'S SHIRTS:

Jack Twist? Jack Nasty!  (double sided print) 2 Lrg ($21-25)

You may be a sinner...but I ain't yet had the opportunity (cut of this shirt is a little less "square" than the picture shows. Roomier arm holes. 2 Sm, 1 Med, 2 Lg ($20-23)

YEEE-HAW!   1 Sm ($20-23)

brokeback got me good   1 Sm ($20-23)

brokeback got me good   1 Sm, 1 Med ($20-23)

"There ain't no reins on this one..."  1 Sm, 1 Med ($21-24)

What're you waitin' for cowboy, a matin' call?  1 Sm ($17-20)

Thanks for looking!

Jenny
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 10:39:34 pm by newyearsday »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 01:06:50 am »
Howdy, here are the women's tees. See my post above for ordering info (basically, PM me for my address or email address, depending on whether you are paying by check or via paypal.) And again, the price range listed is meant to give people options for how much they can afford.

Happy shopping, and thanks everyone, for your help again this weekend. I'll post my photos when I get them.  :D

WOMEN'S SHIRTS:

Matin' call shirt in stretchy yoga top (runs small) 1 Sm, 1 Med, 1 Lg ($20-22)

Reins shirt with rider and low-startle point horse 1 Med, 2 Lg ($20-22)

Yeee-haw! 1 Med ($20-23)

brokeback got me good  1 Med, 2 Lg ($17-20)

Reins, without rider and horse 1 Sm, 1 Med, 1 Lg ($17-20)

Reins on black tee without rider and horse 1 Med, 1 XL ($17-20)

And now, it's off to bed!

Jenny

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:07:49 pm by newyearsday »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 02:53:59 pm »
Hey everyone, check it out--I got written up in an online blog--Whoo-wee! Yay-ah!

http://flypaper.bluefly.com/

They got my age wrong, but who cares--there's a link to my shop in there!

(all the same, your interest in what's left from Pridefest is still MUCH appreciated.)

Jenny  ;D :D :)

« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 11:06:08 pm by newyearsday »