Author Topic: OT: Just saw DISTRICT B13 by RT's recommendation, and WOW!!  (Read 2409 times)

dmmb_Mandy

Wow. Just wow.

So, as I spoke with RT the other night, he raved about this movie he had just seen that I hadn't even heard of, District B 13 (www.districtb13.com). He strongly recommended that I see it. The theatre here in St. John's doesn't usually play lesser known movies, so I expected to not be able to see it. Then as I spoke with him today, I ventured to the website of a smaller theatre that's about a 35-40 minute bus ride from me, and voila! It was playing. I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe it was actually playing here. And boy, the film was truly incredible! I did not speak one word throughout the entire thing, nor did I divert my eyes even for a second. The movie had my complete attention. David Belle was amazing; his moves, his gracefulness, his body, his overall look, his swiftness, his voice, his everything! He co-invented Parkour, a free-moving sport, which I know very little about, but the movie has several Parkour sequences. The film has a lot of action, but it's almost a whole new genre of action. The action is beautiful and gentle. Cyril Raffaelli was very good too, and the chemistry between the actors is magical. It's a French movie, Banlieue 13, thus subtitled. And, amazingly, the action is all real. They didn't even use safety nets for the building jumping..etc. When the movie ended, I wanted to see it again. That wasn't an option, unfortunately. Man, 85 minutes of pure enjoyment!

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: OT: Just saw DISTRICT B13 by RT's recommendation, and WOW!!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 11:26:08 pm »
Thanks Mandy, I hadn't even heard of that. I'll keep an eye out for it!

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 11:51:34 am »
Bump!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 10:47:01 pm »

Another BUMP..

I haven't seen the whole film, but I have downloaded parts from the website..

WOW!!! You guys gotta see this movie!!!!!
Chut up!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 02:31:21 am »
I went to check out the trailer.  It may not be the typical movie I would like, the trailer looks exciting.  I would like to give it a try, but the movie is not showing anywhere near me.  Probably have to wait for the DVD.