Author Topic: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?  (Read 17373 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: OT - Where the heck has Kirk been?
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 09:14:01 pm »
You know, it looks like Kirk took the picture down so my comment seems really random. But I swear there was a picture of Kirk and a handsome fella that looked like Chris Daughtry on the front page of this thread just a couple of nights ago. I am not crazy!
 :P
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 09:31:58 pm »
You know, it looks like Kirk took the picture down so my comment seems really random. But I swear there was a picture of Kirk and a handsome fella that looked like Chris Daughtry on the front page of this thread just a couple of nights ago. I am not crazy!
 :P

Stacy,

I am so with you on this one.  I actually mentioned that to Kirk tht night, but he said he did not follow American Idol!  (If my memory is still right). 

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 01:54:21 pm »
You know, it looks like Kirk took the picture down

It's still there.  I'd been trying to recall who he reminded me of & you nailed it.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 07:25:35 am »
Update - 10 days later.

Nick and I just keep getting better.  Everything about us is on fast forward.  Not in a careless way, we're just so open that any kind of doubt or hesitation or anything that one of us feels gets discussed immediately and moved through.  We're officially a couple now and I've never been in a healthier relationship.  It's amazing the passion, peace, joy and freedom I feel with this man.  Unbelievable.  Frequent visits have already been mentioned and he's looking into medical imaging schools near Long Beach and he already has two very close friends in the LA area.  But first we're going to make sure I like it there.

Not so great news - my family, i.e. 1/2 of the reason I was moving to SoCal, is moving to Kansas.  My whole family.  Still moving but not quite as happy about it.

My new blue Prius Hybrid that I ordered less than 2 weeks ago, and that my Toyota dealer had said another guy had been waiting 4 months for, will be available for me sometime during the first 10 days of July, well before I need it (hee hee.  I knew it).  I'll be working out financing and signing the paperwork on Wednesday.

I'll be returning to Long Beach this Mon and Tues to see 4 apartments that all sound like good possibilities.  With any luck I'll know what my new address will be by Wednesday.  I'll also be staking claim on a storage unit in nearby Huntington Beach.

And as if I needed any other good news, I won a drawing at a local comics store for a varient edition of the 1st issue of the new Wonder Woman series.

Bummer about the family moving, but I know it's for the best because, I'm telling you folks, it seems like I just can't lose these days.

Thinking of you often.

:-* O0

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 09:24:07 am »
Save for your family's moving plans, such wonderful news!  And you're right - it probably is for the best, anyway.  It's great to hear how things are going with Nick.  He's a lovely man, and it was clear how much in sync you two were at the Castro.  And only the best will do for my Kirk!  Looks like that's what you've got.  :)
No more beans!

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 11:35:27 am »
Wow! that's a bummer about your family. Kansas!! of all places. Family is important, so that'll totally sucks.

Good news though about Nik. It's great to find that connection and to be able to talk and confront issues together, without fear and hesitation. I envy that. You guys have a healthy start and it'll only get better from there.

And wonderful to hear about you being able to enjoy your Prius so soon.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 01:48:23 pm »
Kirk,

Sorry to hear that your family is moving away from LA, but glad to know that you and Nick are officially a couple now!  Good luck with the house hunting.  I sure wish that we will see you again before you move to LA. 

p.s. To prove Stacey and my point, here is a picture of Chris Daughtry:

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 01:50:56 pm »
Ooh, good call, Jenny and Stacey.  For the record, I think Nick looks better.  :)
No more beans!

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 01:46:59 pm »
Kirk -

I just read this thread.  I'm behind in reading threads, but Jenny directed folks to it from the farewell gathering thread. 

WOW  :o  So many great things happening in your life!!  Congratulations and all the best to you!  You're such a talented, loveable guy, I know you will do well.

Let us know your contact info.  I get down to Long Beach occassionally and would love to see how you are doing.

How to see you on Tuesday in SF.

It's been great knowing you!

Pete

:)
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 01:27:03 am »
Hi all.  Haven't been here in weeks.  Wanted to give you an update.  I've made the first of two moving trips to Long Beach.  The storage unit is moved, next is the apartment.  I hope I haven't made a mistake in choosing the place I did.  When we got there it was freakishly hot and humid for SoCal.  The only climate control the new place has is some ceiling fans, which my room doesn't have.  It sucked.  Started to panic thinking about all of the shelf units and big things I had to move into the space that was available and didn't think I could do it.  Upon further reflection I think it will be fine.  The carpets are filthy as evidenced by the state of my feet after walking barefoot in the apartment for a few hours.  Roommate is still way cool though.

I have tonight and tomorrow left to pack what's left of the apartment and it's a big job and I don't know where to begin so I'm begining here.

I haven't seen the farewell gathering thread but I can tell you I had a great time and thank you all so much for your messages.  It was a bright spot in a very stressful time and was mch appreciated.  And thanks Jenny for getting the whole thing together.

Nick and I are still doing wonderfully.  Not lookig forward to the time apart but looking forward to his first visit for his birthday in Sept.  he's never been to Disneyland so I'm taking him.

All right.  Time to stop avoiding the work ahead.  Love you guys.  I'll keep you posted.