Author Topic: So what do we look like, anyway?  (Read 229630 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: So what do we look like, anyway?
« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2006, 01:12:10 pm »
Interesting to see people's milieu, too.  Everyone seems to be quite affluent.  Is it wrong to point that out?  I heart demographics.

Er, not really.  I'm driving an ancient 22 year old car and don't know what I'm going to do when it finally dies on me and though my friends talk about buying beach houses in Malibu and starting yet another new business, my portfolio's pretty much taken up with food and shelter, you know?

P.S. What happened to the laughing smiley face?

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2006, 01:26:50 pm »
I LOVE your cats delalluvia!! Especially the all white one! I love one-coloured cats. I very much like your choice of names too!

I got my two cats from a shelter. One was called Cleopatra (now Cleo) - she is a British Blue kind of and the other one (was called Bouboule but I changed it to Sheva) is a Turtoise (4-coloured..).

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2006, 01:40:28 pm »
I LOVE your cats delalluvia!! Especially the all white one! I love one-coloured cats. I very much like your choice of names too!

I got my two cats from a shelter. One was called Cleopatra (now Cleo) - she is a British Blue kind of and the other one (was called Bouboule but I changed it to Sheva) is a Turtoise (4-coloured..).

~ j U d E

Thanks Jude!  Since both cats are of Asian extraction (one is a white oriental shorthair - a white Siamese essentially - and the other a mi-ke Japanese bobtail - the inspiration for the famous 'waving paw' cat statues you see in some Asian restaurants/businesses), I kinda wanted to keep their names in that vein.  Kabuki named after the white Kabuki masks and of course, Kenobi after Obi-Wan Kenobi which is kinda Asian-like.

My two previous cats I had from childhood died from old age not so long ago (one of those was a stray and the other a mix breed Siamese) and I realized my house was not a home without cats.  I love all animals as pets, but dogs need a lot more attention and room than I have time in my current life to give to them.  My cats are demanding enough, jeez especially Kabuki who is an attention hound and Kenobi who is a drama-queen. 

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2006, 01:44:41 pm »
My cats are demanding enough, jeez especially Kabuki who is an attention hound and Kenobi who is a drama-queen.

That's so funny! They don't look like they could be all thoses things when you look at them. Actors too, hunh?  ;D

~ j U d E

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2006, 01:54:33 pm »
My cats are demanding enough, jeez especially Kabuki who is an attention hound and Kenobi who is a drama-queen.

That's so funny! They don't look like they could be all thoses things when you look at them. Actors too, hunh?  ;D

~ j U d E

Heh, yeah, they both suckered you with their aloof haughty looks!

What is a tortoiseshell cat?  What does that mean?

Kenobi is mi-ke which means 3-color in Japanese.  It's the same thing as calico (their registered names are Kabuki Koneko [Ko - little, neko - cat] and Kenobi is Kinume Neko [golden-plum cat]).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:56:59 pm by delalluvia »

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2006, 02:28:33 pm »
This is only my 3rd posting, so as you can imagine, I'm still trying to get things right. Haven't had a chance to look at all the regulars that I use to know on IMDb, but am looking forward to doing so. Anyway, with help from my friend Bryan, here's my recent mug (leathery, unshaven face,and all) special background as a bonus.

Holy crap, you look so much like Jeremy Irons, it's uncanny.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2006, 02:31:23 pm »
A turtoise cat is a three (or four?) coloured cat - see picture (it's not mine, 'cause I don't seem to have a scanned picture of my cats..  :o)

~ j U d E

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2006, 02:58:34 pm »
This is only my 3rd posting, so as you can imagine, I'm still trying to get things right. Haven't had a chance to look at all the regulars that I use to know on IMDb, but am looking forward to doing so. Anyway, with help from my friend Bryan, here's my recent mug (leathery, unshaven face,and all) special background as a bonus.

Holy crap, you look so much like Jeremy Irons, it's uncanny.
Thanks, I guess ... Gotta figure that that doesn't say much for poor old Jeremy. But hey we can't all look like Jake and Heath. If we did, we wouldn't be able to appreciate their fine looks! hunh!!!?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2006, 03:02:55 pm »
A turtoise cat is a three (or four?) coloured cat - see picture (it's not mine, 'cause I don't seem to have a scanned picture of my cats..  :o)

~ j U d E

I don't know.  I looked it up, some say it's just a difference in regions - calico is American and tortoise-shell is U.K. but means the same thing.  Others say tortoiseshell is a combination of cream, black and red but calico is red, black and white or...I don't know.

No scanned pics of your cats?!?!?   Note to Jude:  run out and buy digiital disposable camera & take pics quick!

EDITED TO ADD:  Ok, one site says unlike calicos which are predominantly white with solid blocks of color, tortoiseshell cats are predominantly black with the other colors red and white/cream interwoven.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 03:10:47 pm by delalluvia »

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2006, 03:44:20 pm »
Hi all!! A lot of replies on this thread have made me LOL and others have made me blush furiously....I'm not very good at accepting compliments - I'm so glad you guys can't see how red my face has become  :) but thank you all, it's really sweet of you all to say such nice things......

and you're all gorgeous from what I see in the pics!

Chanterais - my vote goes to the cats  :) they're beauties!  (and you're quite high up there yourself in the beauty parade)

Della - thank you for the 'bollywood fantasy' comment  :) your cats are way better though. they're so sweet looking!

Brandon (Ennis Del Mar) - thank you....You're quite cute.

Paul (montferrat) - LOL -  We should meet up.  :) ;)

Jude, Jenny, Mandy, Sheyne - You're all too lovely!  I think its time for me to start havin girl crushes (as soon as I get over my devotion to Jake  :)

You're a sweetheart and I posted this on imdb  - my hero  :) 

Good to know you liked monsoon wedding, i did too. Trust me, weddings over here are gigantic sweeping dramas which last for days and days...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 06:26:23 pm by reannawrites »
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.