Author Topic: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!  (Read 17952 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Final Rehearsal Director’s notes!

Welcome to the final rehearsal.  You have all put in a tremendous effort over the past six months researching this story and discovering its every meaning and nuance.  While the original movie is perfect in every way, the time has come for us to tell it our way.  You all know the characters and the hidden meanings of the plot so none of you will be excluded from this production.  We are ALL the story tellers.  We ALL are the cast, crew, audience, and director simultaneously. We have ALL contributed many thoughts, observations, humour, and theories since seeing the film/reading the book/screenplay/listening to the soundtrack.    You will know the thread when you see it!

We will commence the production on Monday 19 June 2006.

Stage directions:  

* The timeline of the film is to be followed.  As we have discussed at length, EVERY beat of every frame is significant.  Every detail of every beat is open to comment.  You can describe/ be the voice/ explain the presence/ post a picture of a blade of grass if it is relevant to that moment in time.

* Only the Actors playing the characters can speak that character’s dialogue.  You may wish to stick completely with the original script, or you may wish to be creative.  You don’t have to say much, as long as you get your point across! Those without speaking parts may create extra roles should it be in keeping with the time line.  For example; someone may decide that a muttering cleaner with a mop may be a necessary addition to the wedding scene to clean up the orange juice that cousin Fred’s bratty child spilt all over the floor.

* Anyone may comment at anytime about the nuances of the current moment being played out in the timeline.  All the threads that have been created over the past six months will come into play.  You may wish to highlight the Ying and Yang of the moment, or the Lines Visualised.  It may be an opportunity to halt proceedings to pay Cult homage to the presence of water, or the immaculate disappearance of a log of wood.  Meryl and Celeste are on hand as the Grande Cult Poobears and Overseers.  Perhaps you just want to add a time relevant inspired poem or picture or limerick or ABCs observation.  Perhaps you might offer some trivia relating to Things you didn’t know about cowboys!  Or maybe simply quote a passage from Annie’s book.

* All ASIDE COMMENTS are to be enclosed in **   **.   For example: Should Jack wish to comment on Alma’s frumpy dress upon meeting her, but doesn’t wish for her to hear and be offended, he might offer the audience     **That dress looks like it used to hold potatoes**

* All THOUGHTS are to be enclosed in %%    %%.  For example:  Should the other shoppers at Randle’s store wish to comment on their annoyance at Alma Jr smashing nuts all over the floor, they might offer      %% There’s a perfect example of the necessity of birth control! %%

* All MOVEMENTS are to be enclosed in ((   )).  For example:  Should Aguire be reaching for the telephone, the Actor, (StudDuck), might type   ((Reaches with the hand adorned with big hideous blue ring to lift the phone receiver))

* All Director or Assistant Director notes are to be enclosed in =   =.  For example: Should Lucise Indapaddock wish to tell one of her sheep that its guts is spread too far away from it’s (pretend) dead carcass, she might post       =Pull your gall bladder in about six inches=                               
*NOTE:  No animals will be hurt in the making of this production!

* The action cannot continue until the relevant lines have been delivered.  For example:  Should Earl want to show his ripped off dick as soon as possible, he must wait for that moment in the timeline.  He cannot just go flashing it about willy nilly out of sequence. Should an Actor be away from the boards for a period of time and their line is next,  we CANNOT proceed and must fill in the silence with relevant posts for that moment.  Should said Actor chose to appoint an understudy, the proxy must note at the top of the post {Today the part of blahblah will be played by ....}   If no understudy is appointed, we may have to discuss the wind blowing outside the trailer until the actor returns and delivers their line or performs their gesture. Once a scene has been played out there’s no going back!  Comments may be added, but you cannot then include a suddenly remembered tabogganing moment when the scene involves kicking a biker’s teeth in, unless you can make it relevant to THAT moment in time.

* Everyone is encouraged to dress up and post a picture of the movement they are trying to portray, highlighting what WE have got that THEY haven’t got!  Perhaps you just wish to post a picture of the original actors in that scene.

Have fun everyone!  We all know this film back to front.  Now act your arses off!

BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG!

CAST & CREW

EVERYBODY!

then...

Cast (in credits order)
Blades of Grass - Ray
The Wind, Signal 1963 - Clarissa
Cat Stevens - Himself
Semi-truck driver - Melinda
Ennis, sheepherding to pre-Lake Scene - Brandon
Jack, sheepherding to pre-Lake Scene - Daniel
Jack's Pants - Melinda
Jack's Cigarettes - Barb
Aguirre – David (TheStudDuck!)
Tootie – Courtney
Elizabeth - Chantelle
Waitress - Judy
Signal Bartender
Basque - RouxB
Cigar Butt - Melinda
Horse with Low Startle Point – Jenny (newyearsday)
Sheep Dog (Blue Heeler) - Leslie
Peeing Sheep - Becky
The Fly – Barb
Ennis's Warshrag -
The Bear – Scott M. (moremojo)
Young Whiskey Bottle -
The Elk - Becky
Ennis's Pants Fly in TS1 - David (inHartford)
Jack's Pants Fly in TS1 - David (inHartford)
Injured and Dead sheep – Courtney & Daniel
Saliva String -
Chilean Sheepherder #1 – Lee (Front-Ranger)
Chilean Sheepherder #2 - Chantelle
Alma - Victoria
Jolly Minister - Isabelle
Timmy - Meryl
Jimbo - Sheyne
Bartender #1 - Jude
Biker #1 - Clarissa
Biker #2 - Meryl
Lureen - Ray
Announcer - Chantelle
Bartender #2 - JeffWrangler
Singer – Sarah (henrypie)
Guitar Player -
Alma Jr., Age 3 -
Monroe – Paul (montferrat)
Fayette Newsome - Clarissa
L.D. Newsome – Scott F.
Ennis, Age 9 -
K.E. Del Mar - Becky
Jenny, Age 4 -
Alma Jr., Age 5 -
Farmer #1 “pissant”) - JeffWrangler
Farmer #2 -
Alma Jr., Age 9-12 -
Jenny, Age 7-8 -
Judge -
Jenny, Age 11 – Amy (wtbgirl)
Alma Jr., Age 13 -
Ennis, Lake Scene to the end – Mandy (dmmb)
Jack, Lake Scene to the end – David (in Hartford)
Young Mexican - Chanterais
Bobby, Age 10 -
Roughneck #1 -
Roughneck #2 -
Cassie - Kelda
Western Dancer - Chantelle
Lashawn Malone – Stacey (SparkleMotion)
Randall Malone - Juan
Alma Jr., Age 19 - Becky
Carl -
Old Rose Whiskey Bottle -
Ennis, Dozy Embrace -
Jack, Dozy Embrace -
Jack's Mother - Celeste
John C. Twist - Jane (JakeTwist)

As you can see, there are still parts uncast.  You are welcome to claim them, otherwise they will be open slather when their time comes up.
[/b]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:58:50 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 05:22:00 pm »
Ray, you are a friggin' genius!  :)

Are we allowed to post clarifying questions, Oh Artistique Director?

If so, is Becky playing Alma Jr. all the way through, or just at a certain point in her life?  Second question, have the people who haven't been around much lately been alerted to their responsibilities?  I'm thinking of  our friends Stacey, Chanterais, Scott F., Paul, maybe Amy.  And who is Chantelle?  Sorry for not knowing a member of our family.

Ready to break a leg,

Elle-Effen'-Meno

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 05:35:38 pm »
Ray, you are a friggin' genius!  :)  Why thankyou, but you people are the geniusi  ;D

Are we allowed to post clarifying questions, Oh Artistique Director?  Certainly, but questions in the production need to be posted as a Director's note.  ie =What the fark does that mean?=

If so, is Becky playing Alma Jr. all the way through, or just at a certain point in her life? At this stage becky is all Alma Jrs but should someone be keen to play a certain age, they need to negotiate with Becky. Second question, have the people who haven't been around much lately been alerted to their responsibilities?  I'm thinking of  our friends Stacey, Chanterais, Scott F., Paul, maybe Amy.  I tried to PM everyone with cast roles.  I think I got most of us covered.  Sorry if I missed anyone. I haven't had everyone report in yet, so we may need to recast as time goes along.  I will keep y'all posted And who is Chantelle?  I thought that was FuzzyChanning Sorry for not knowing a member of our family. This will be a great chance to get everyone together again and reaquaint

Ready to break a leg,

Elle-Effen'-Meno

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 05:39:04 pm »
If there is an open part (someone who is cast is not able to participate) sign me up...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »
We need a talking sheep dog Leslie!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 05:57:26 pm »
Ray you must have worked on this all night!! I wondered what U were doing lurking on the board so long. And U made your teasers sticky so we couldn't reply and ask nosy questions!! That Ray of the sticky teasers, I swear!! When I saw yr casting call I laffed so hard Coke came out my nose, and I don't even do Coke!! BTW, Chantalle is my luvly Fuzzy, sheepherder #2. You don't know her, because I keep her under wraps, a pile of serapes, in case someone discovers her and steals her away from me!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 06:20:47 pm »
We need a talking sheep dog Leslie!

The talking sheep dog has been cast... I believe I am a blue heeler, right?

And I have a feeling I can show up throughout the movie, not just up on the mountain!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 06:33:30 pm »
I am willing to give up "Singer."  I believe she's the one who sings, "No one's Gonna Love You Like Me."

I am not willing to give up "Biker #1."  I believe he's the one who says, "Fuuuuuck youuu" to Ennis.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:54:10 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 07:59:20 pm »
Ray, what the heck?!  You didn't even list me as 'Cigar Butt' and the driver of the 'Sage' truck who brings Ennis to Signal!  >:(  And I was already shopping for wardrobe.  I'd better be seeing some serious torquing of the cast list, Miss Newsome!

(If an amendment is made to the rules about inanimate objects, I still claim the role of Jack's pants)

;D
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 08:10:13 pm »
Ray, what the heck?!  You didn't even list me as 'Cigar Butt' and the driver of the 'Sage' truck who brings Ennis to Signal!  >:(  And I was already shopping for wardrobe.  I'd better be seeing some serious torquing of the cast list, Miss Newsome!

(If an amendment is made to the rules about inanimate objects, I still claim the role of Jack's pants)

;D

Ray, may I humbly help out with my moderator powers and put Melinda and her roles in the list?  Just because an Artistique Director needs humble flunkies.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:13:53 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 08:13:58 pm »
Yeah, Ray, and you know I'm an ekthperienthed thethpian---   ;)
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 08:32:32 pm »
I know you are CULTured at least!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 09:05:27 pm »
Can I be The Fly - you know, the one on Jack's hat during the "It's nobody's business but ours" line and then the one on Ennis' face at the lake showdown (let's just assume it's the same fly, unless someone else wants to be the first one)?  I figure at least this way, I can sort of touch Jack's hat while he's wearing it, and bite Ennis' cheek.  Come to think of it, I believe this same fly was able to get into a lot of the other scenes undetected by the cameras, like Tent Scenes #1, #2, and #3, Jack's truck, and the motel.  (He was a very well-traveled and long-lived fly.)  This is getting better all the time...
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 09:25:53 pm »
Can I be The Fly -   Come to think of it, I believe this same fly was able to get into a lot of the other scenes undetected by the cameras, like Tent Scenes #1, #2, and #3, Jack's truck, and the motel.  (He was a very well-traveled and long-lived fly.)  This is getting better all the time...

Hmm,  thats not the type of "Fly" I want to be in tent scene #1 !!!      ::)

I want to be the fly on either of their pants!    unzipppppp!
         ;)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 09:31:02 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 09:28:22 pm »
Oh, now Ray, ya can't go and open up THAT kind o' chaos by letting me assume the position of Jack's pants....   ;D  that's breaking the rules!  Now....the pants and I can get together....once in awhal...out in the middle o' nowhere....but....  

If you change the rules now, we'll be casting for the parts of every cigarette, whiskey bottle, sock, warshrag (ooo..), toothbrush, jammie bottoms, saddle, body of water under the cliff-jump, and the danged saliva string!

Gotta draw the line somewhere, and I think Barb gets in under the wire, being a living critter and all.  (Of course, I've been spending long hours rehearsing for the role of Jack's pants....clinging just so....  sliding down after a quick left-handed unbuckle.....    yep, I think I almost have it right.....but I'd better keep practicing, and scrutinizing the REAL pants....   just to make sure.) :-*

Melinda/Pants
 :)
PS. PM for ya, Ray--   (and David, if you're Ennis' zipper, I think we can work well together, pants-wise!)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 10:23:10 pm »
By sashca1007
If you change the rules now, we'll be casting for the parts of every cigarette, whiskey bottle, sock, warshrag (ooo..), toothbrush, jammie bottoms, saddle, body of water under the cliff-jump, and the danged saliva string!

Boy howdy, that's one helluva fine list.  Each one of those deserves its own special fantasy thread!  :P

I ain't givin' up Timmy or Biker #2.  Been gettin' flabby for months now in preparation.  Next step is to leave the jeans out in the rain, then stomp 'em into the dirt a bit.  Already been wearin' the shirts without benefit of Right Guard.  By the time we get to my scenes everything'll be seasoned just right.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 02:22:55 am »
Oh Meryl, now I DO want to keep being Biker #1.  You make it sound so good.  We'll be a beautiful team.  Plus, if people can be the spit string (or the horse Ennis is carving, O Horse!), then there are pee-lenty of parts for everyone.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 03:29:23 am »
Wow, this is shere genius Ray! I am really looking forward to this. Monday 19 is TODAY, although most of the cast is still sleeping on the other side of the pond!
And believe it or not, I have been rehearsing being jolly  ;D

Edit: and NO, I haven't been drinking nor smoking anything funny. I just sincerely thought this was Monday as I awoke this morning  :P

Anyway, err, this is still Sunday here too. it must be the title "Brokie Horror Picture Show" that threw me on a time warp  ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 06:47:51 am by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 06:47:56 am »
I will be ready with my girls dont wanna have fun line as necessary!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 12:54:22 pm »
Oh Meryl, now I DO want to keep being Biker #1.  You make it sound so good.  We'll be a beautiful team.  Plus, if people can be the spit string (or the horse Ennis is carving, O Horse!), then there are pee-lenty of parts for everyone.

Excellent news!  I must confess that I took on Biker #2 because I sensed that together we could achieve greatness.  If all goes as I foresee it, a new filmic team could be born.  We could plumb the depths of these characters, much as Tom Stoppard did when he revealed the inner lives of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.  There are, indeed, no small roles.

And inner lives aside, did you notice that my guy wears leather vambraces?  How utterly cool is that!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 03:07:26 pm »
We could plumb the depths of these characters, much as Tom Stoppard did when he revealed the inner lives of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.  There are, indeed, no small roles.

One of my favourite plays ever.

Sorry I have been AWOL. Was in Cape Town for the weekend. And buggered now, so need to sleep, to be ready for tomorrow.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 03:41:01 pm »
Meryl,

That IS cool, and I hadn't really noticed it before--- (leather vambraces!)  but NOW I will, and I'll be thinking of you every time!  Do they both have them?  Is Biker #2 the one who experiences the Ennis Kick?  What's with Biker #1 (or vice versa) that he doesn't jump up and defend his buddy against lil' ole Ennis?  ;D   I guess you two are going to have to share with us the 'inner monologue' that is going on in each biker's mind during this incident---

: : : : : : : : : :  Gosh, this young, handsome man has just administered a rather powerful blow to both my lover's face and ego with one of his rather appealing caliper-like legs....  and now he's gazing into my eyes with his own smoldering, dark-as-a-hot-cup-of-black-coffee eyes, and asking if I might like him to touch me....  with his hand...  in my facial area.....   OH, I'm so tempted to say, yes...YES....   but I fear the consequences of such a bold flirtation on my part--  after all, I did come to these holiday festivities with my dear, sweet, 'Freebird' Frank this evening and I know better than to hurt Frank's feelings...   after careful consideration of both the future of my relationship with Frank and our cycling group's lack of an efficient dental plan, I think I'm going to have to say...... : : : : : : : : : : :

".... I'd sure rather not."

;)  (Just tryin' to help, Meryl and Elle)

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:43:58 pm by Sashca1007 »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 04:00:15 pm »
ROFL! You need to put that up on the Lines U Never Heard on BBM too!! Immortal!! But...Fuzzy.. you say yr buggered?? You been to Mexico, huney? That's okay, just high tail it back to the Sunny Side of the mountain soon as yr all rested up!!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 05:54:34 pm »
So, since it's the 19th now in Australia, do I need to start preparing myself for "going on" since I am in scene #4 or 5 (when Jack first mounts me  ;D) or do I have a few hours more? It really would work best for me if I could do my part tonight, even on the late side....So Ray, what time on June 19th is curtain call?

gotta practice my throwin moves....

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 07:37:44 pm »
Ray, I need to know when the curtain's going up--  I think I might be first in order of appearance!  Give me a fair warning!   :-\

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 09:49:22 pm »
A fair warning for me as well. This forum can be like a maze sometimes, if I don't have an assistant telling me where I'm supposed to make my appearance, chances are I won't be there.  ::) I am as eager to take part in the director's vision as anyone else, and thank you for the constructive information at the beginning of this topic, that clarifies things a great deal. I hope this will begin sometime late in the evening, monday is a full day for me (preferably 6:00 CST or so.)

Thanks, Daniel.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 10:36:16 pm »
Ushers to their places.  The throng of the audience is palpable.  Good news everybody, all the snack stations are restocking their products for the third time.  So far we have sold 54956745745165785612786 Choc Top Icecreams, 7657865225987689275496gallons of Slushy, and 165514165716785874265268946592185986452645 bags of Maltezers,  with 474176491696539131634 Big Mac trucks of Popcorn waltzing across the counters!  It's going to be a great opening night audience, if for nothing else but the sugar rushes! 

As this is a Plamovey, (Play/Movie hybrid), the curtain will raise/camera will roll at 6pm sharp somewhere in the world!  The first dress rehersal last night infront of a small trial audience went well so I am anticipating a great reception at the real thing.

I would appreciate promtness on the opening scene Actors' part as the show must go on!  However, it is not necessary for all cast to be present if you have nothing to contribute in the early stages.  You will be considered to be crew and audience, so please pitch in with set decorations for the appropriate scenes, musical accompaniments, or supportive criticism.  Remember, the louder we applaud, the better we perform!

*****Please report to Make up and Costume all actors in the opening sequence:  Ennis Del Mar (Older); Jack Twist (Older); Horny Fly; Aguire; Jack's Pants; Blades of Grass; Truck Driver; All other paticipants in scene one who have something to contribute with relevance!

A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG! A REMEMBER BREAK A LEG!
All please now follow the High Priestess in THE BROKIE PRAYER

Our Boys, who met on Brokeback, honored be your names.  Your story done, your souls be one,  in heaven as they were on Brokeback.  Grant us this day our friendly posts.  And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespassed against you.  And lead us not into vexation, but deliver us from hatred.  For yours was the struggle, and the union, and the triumph forever and ever.  Yeehaw.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:47:51 pm by Ray »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 10:45:20 pm »
Meryl,

That IS cool, and I hadn't really noticed it before--- (leather vambraces!)  but NOW I will, and I'll be thinking of you every time!  Do they both have them?  Is Biker #2 the one who experiences the Ennis Kick?  What's with Biker #1 (or vice versa) that he doesn't jump up and defend his buddy against lil' ole Ennis?  ;D   I guess you two are going to have to share with us the 'inner monologue' that is going on in each biker's mind during this incident---

: : : : : : : : : :  Gosh, this young, handsome man has just administered a rather powerful blow to both my lover's face and ego with one of his rather appealing caliper-like legs....  and now he's gazing into my eyes with his own smoldering, dark-as-a-hot-cup-of-black-coffee eyes, and asking if I might like him to touch me....  with his hand...  in my facial area.....   OH, I'm so tempted to say, yes...YES....   but I fear the consequences of such a bold flirtation on my part--  after all, I did come to these holiday festivities with my dear, sweet, 'Freebird' Frank this evening and I know better than to hurt Frank's feelings...   after careful consideration of both the future of my relationship with Frank and our cycling group's lack of an efficient dental plan, I think I'm going to have to say...... : : : : : : : : : : :

".... I'd sure rather not."

;)  (Just tryin' to help, Meryl and Elle)

Brilliant, Melinda!  I adore the subtext, as will our Director, I'm sure.  By the way, Ennis grabs me (yay!) by the t-shirt with both fists and shoves hard, then spins around to deliver the kick to poor "Freebird Frank" (LOL) before leaning in to me with the request about half my fuckin' teeth.  I figure I decline because I need time to recover from the incredible stimulation he has just delivered to my pectorals.  More about that when we get to our scene.  ;)

Ray, I need to know when the curtain's going up--  I think I might be first in order of appearance!  Give me a fair warning

I was under the impression we HAD started.   Something about that giant red "ACTION" followed by a truck traveling from right to left made me hurry to deliver my Blessing.  :)

Oops, I see Ray has posted.  Guess it was a false alarm.  Gonna go get some Maltezers.  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 11:14:25 pm »
Alright, Tootie here, needing my costume. Who has my frumpy dress? I think it'll need to be extra frumpy to make up for the absense of my walking partner Elizabeth. Once I get my costume I'll be ready for the integral Walking-Behind-Aguirre scene.  :P

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 11:19:43 pm »
Beautiful to see Meryl's prayer again, so beautiful. I am getting butterflies! Now, really, 6 pm sharp somewhere in the world--would that be in 41 mintues? I am just checking.

And this was kind of confusing
*****Please report to Make up and Costume all actors in the opening sequence:  Ennis Del Mar (Older); Jack Twist (Older); Horny Fly; Aguire; Jack's Pants; Blades of Grass; Truck Driver; All other paticipants in scene one who have something to contribute with relevance!

hunh? how come this says (older) when it's the first scene, hunh?
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 11:50:42 pm »
Truck driver, reporting for make-up, Mr. Raymille!  ;D

Do we have anything else that comes before the opening scene?  A title?  Is our production starting in this thread, or will it have its own new one?  It's not the 19th here in California, nor is it 6:00 PM--   but I'm afraid you're going to start in some other hemisphere, and I'll miss my cue!  :-X

Cigar Butt

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 11:56:43 pm »
It'll be 6 pm in Hawaii in about 5 minutes--are we waiting for Brandon and Daniel to show up?

I'm ready to be all jumpy and tossy with my head, but I warn ya, I can't stay up half the night checkin for other actors reporting in to this thread.  ;D (hey, that rhymes!)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2006, 12:10:35 am »
Truck driver, reporting for make-up, Mr. Raymille!  ;D

Do we have anything else that comes before the opening scene?  A title?  Is our production starting in this thread, or will it have its own new one?  It's not the 19th here in California, nor is it 6:00 PM--   but I'm afraid you're going to start in some other hemisphere, and I'll miss my cue!  :-X

Cigar Butt

Have you seen this thread?  Opening titles are there....http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2717.0
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2006, 12:28:18 am »
Elle, if you're giving up "Singer," may I be she?

I didn't jump in when casting was still in progress.

:-\

'Cause I can sing!
 :D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2006, 01:15:55 am »
Elle, if you're giving up "Singer," may I be she?

I didn't jump in when casting was still in progress.

:-\

'Cause I can sing!

Perfect!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 01:31:33 am »
Mr. Director,

I just got a call from my agent.  He wants me to let you know that SAG (the Screen Arseholes Guild) contacted him and requested that I change my credit from JCinNYC to Juan.  Apparently, there's a JCinNYC who's currently in the chorus in the revival of JC Superstar upstate, and they want to avoid any undue confusion. 

Many thanks,
Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 02:16:53 am »
Sarah, No one's gonna love you like me, so you're now the singer.

Juan - you are now listed as Juan.  Randall, hunh?  As far as I can tell, men think he's very hot, women not so much.  Sound good?  :)

I sure am looking forward to saying my lines about where are all the cats,

Love from,

Biker #1.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 02:28:05 am »
Elle, there's GOT to be lots of pussys around if you jest keep yer eyes peeled.

Juan, you tell the Saggy Arseholes Guild that there ain't no Superstar like our Juan!

Sarah, I hope you gave up them fags if yer gonna sing to us!

Sash, You beetter git a cracker up yer butt if yer gonna make cue!

Court, have you got the walking frame lubed and ready?

Jenny, Check that startle point!

Meryl, lose a few teeth!  The prayer will sond thound ecthra thpethial if ya do!

Younger and Older Jack and Ennis, sort it out yerselves!

WHY AREN'T YOU PEOPLE IN YOUR SEATS/PLACES/THEATRE?! 
The performance has commenced!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:57:53 am by Ray »

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 04:39:39 am »
I'm so nervous - always did have stage fright - that I'm already in the wings waiting for my turn !
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 10:10:59 am »
I know we are not in rehearsal anymore, but are we following the prologue to the short story and is that why we are waiting for Mandy? I didn't get that before...

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 10:18:42 am »
Hey Jenny. We are following the timeline of the film.  So far we are discussing all the openning sequence and Mandy is the yet to start Ennis' walk toward Aguire's office.  There are many aspects of the scenery, mood, and weather to discuss while we wait for her.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2006, 10:29:59 am »
Forgive me, O Blessed Director, for presuming to know more than you, but it does say in the cast list posted by yourself, that Mandy is Older Ennis, and Brandon is Younger Ennis. Please enlighten us as to whether this is incorrect and whether it's really Mandy that is Younger Ennis.

Your loyal, chompin' at the bit cast member (who's hopin' it all works out for me to play my scenes with wit and fiestiness even though I am at work for the next 7 hours!),

Jenny/horse with a low startle point

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2006, 10:46:14 am »
You are good and loyal chomper!  I may be a bad Director here, but I understood "Younger Ennis" to mean the boy in the flashback scene of Earl laying dead in a ditch.  I will try to clarify this with the ACTORS forthwith!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2006, 10:53:36 am »
Nheeeeeeyyo problem!!

I guess this opens up whether we ought to have a "9 year old Ennis", a younger Ennis, and an older Ennis. But Daniel is definitely Younger Jack, right? The Jack in the first half of the production?

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2006, 11:15:49 am »
K, it's been cleared up. Now git to yer seats!

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2006, 02:38:30 pm »
Alright, Tootie here, needing my costume. Who has my frumpy dress? I think it'll need to be extra frumpy to make up for the absense of my walking partner Elizabeth. Once I get my costume I'll be ready for the integral Walking-Behind-Aguirre scene.  :P

Is that the Elizabeth, I'm suppossed to be, cos to be honest, REALLY confused about that...
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2006, 03:16:21 pm »
Yes, Chanelle, that is the Elizabeth you are supposed to be! (just doin' my part here as the helpful horse with a low startle point)

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2006, 03:23:45 pm »
Woohoo, I don't have to walk alone! I have an Elizabeth! Fuzzy, you better scoot on over to the costume department and get your frumpy dress, our big scene is coming up soon!

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2006, 03:59:20 pm »
Thanks!! I feel like such a non-true fan.

How come they gave such a blase character a name?

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2006, 04:00:59 pm »
WE named them! They don't have names in the credits (at least I don't think they do.)

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2006, 04:43:16 pm »
WE named them! They don't have names in the credits (at least I don't think they do.)

Right, now I really feel out...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2006, 04:53:56 pm »
Is it too late to ask a question?

How come Melinda gets to be Jack's pants, but I'm not allowed to be Jack's cigarettes?

(OK, two questions.)

Thank you for that direction about my character (first post in thread), by the way.  Now my motivation is clear.
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2006, 05:04:49 pm »
Right, now I really feel out...

Aww Channy,

Don't feel like that. I think they were named waaaaaayyyy back in early February, before I even knew about this place. Nobody hardly ever talks about them anymore so how could you know?

Just think how you can define our dusty lexicon of postage about them with this live performance you're about to partake in!

Listen, I felt all left out cause I was never invited to Chez Tremblay; I just found my way here. But once your're in, you ain't goin nowhere. Let it be!

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2006, 06:25:46 pm »

;D
Oh, now Ray, ya can't go and open up THAT kind o' chaos by letting me assume the position of Jack's pants....   ;D  that's breaking the rules!  Now....the pants and I can get together....once in awhal...out in the middle o' nowhere....but....  

Gotta draw the line somewhere, and I think Barb gets in under the wire, being a living critter and all.  (Of course, I've been spending long hours rehearsing for the role of Jack's pants....clinging just so....  sliding down after a quick left-handed unbuckle.....    yep, I think I almost have it right.....but I'd better keep practicing, and scrutinizing the REAL pants....   just to make sure.) :-*

Melinda/Pants
 :)
PS. PM for ya, Ray--   (and David, if you're Ennis' zipper, I think we can work well together, pants-wise!)

**See, Barb?  I tried to tell Mr Raymille that he'd be openin' up a big ole can a worms!  But, he didn't pay me no nevermind, and now I'm listed as PANTS, so....  what do you think....  maybe it could end up being a free-for-all!  Everybody jump in as the inanimate object of your choice!  Glorious chaos!  Or...  to be fair....I could just play out my role of Jack's Pants silently....here at home....  nobody's business but mine  :-X ......   (bet you like my PANTS  picture, though!)**

Melinda/Cigar Butt/Trucker/ J  a  c  k  '  s    P  a  n  t  s   ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2006, 06:54:50 pm »
Hey, Fuzzy after you're done bein Elizabeth, you can start preparing for your Chilean sheepherder #2 role which will be a LOT more rewarding than playing betty. Look, there are even lines!!

CHILEAN SHEEPHERDER #2: Cual es su prolema? ?Que' dice?
   JACK (surprised) English.. don't one a you talk English?
   CHILEAN SHEEPHERDER #1: IQue'?

And we get to look confused and later ride around the milling sheep, casting disgusted looks at Ennis and Jack. Fun, but manageable, ?no? See U in makeup!!! (p.s. I think my line ends up on the cutting room floor but Que sera, sera)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2006, 07:30:06 pm »
I'm here, but slightly confused. You've called Older Jack to places, which leaves me wondering who the heck Younger Jack is since there isn't a flashback scene for Jack in the film. I suppose I can drift around and be a younger consciousness for the older Jack. *blurble blurble blurble*
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2006, 07:49:32 pm »
I'm here, but slightly confused. You've called Older Jack to places, which leaves me wondering who the heck Younger Jack is since there isn't a flashback scene for Jack in the film. I suppose I can drift around and be a younger consciousness for the older Jack. *blurble blurble blurble*

Danie! At long last you have arrived! I can't wait to feel those jeans-wrapped legs a yours around my flanks. ((snort, paw, head toss)). I think you ARE younger Jack, and if you aren't in a hurry, to get over to the set I mean, you best git, pronto!

That whole Older Ennis/Younger Ennis thing was a mixup due to the confusion between youngest Ennis (9 yrs) young Ennis, 19--? and Older Ennis, in his 30's. I don't know why Older Jack was called to the wings so early, but glad you are here now!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2006, 07:50:08 pm »
Okay, I'm posting this same message on both threads.  I've done a bold thing, without permission.  I took the IMDb credits list for the film, and have transmuted our cast list into ORDER OF APPEARANCE.  You can see which roles are unfilled.  This is a work in progress.  I'm inviting myself to help coordinate casting, as a servant only.  So if you want a part, say so, and I'll stick you into the cast list pronto.

The cast list is found in the first post of the "dress rehearsal thread."  Break a leg.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2006, 08:23:24 pm »

So if you want a part, say so, and I'll stick you into the cast list pronto.

I would like to be

John C. Twist! 

I already grovelled to be the understudy fur my ol' man, but this is even better!!!  Yeehaw!!! :D

Jane
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:25:49 pm by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2006, 08:52:38 pm »
To lessen confusion, I'm locking this thread.  (Ray, let me know if that's wrong.)  That way, we'll all post in the performance thread, and all be on the same page.  Remember Mr. Raymille's directions:

((Movement))
%%Thought%%
**Aside**
=Direction from Director and Assistant Directors=