Author Topic: What Most Concerns You About The Current Economic Crisis?  (Read 8264 times)

injest

Re: What Most Concerns You About The Current Economic Crisis?
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 08:49:53 pm »
I am one of the working poor, with no investments nor 401K, no home, so the only thing that worries me is the owner of my company - it is a private company - and I daresay he is wealthy, has investments, multiple properties, 401K retirement and who knows what all other tax shelters?

The fact he might go under and cash out his company to save himself is worrisome, dumping us all on the job market when things are so tight.

you can come stay with me and be a bohemian artist!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 08:53:31 pm »
you can come stay with me and be a bohemian artist!

That would be awesome!!!  ;D

But I'd think I'd get better handouts living under the Trinity River Viaduct.  ;)

injest

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 08:56:01 pm »
That would be awesome!!!  ;D

But I'd think I'd get better handouts living under the Trinity River Viaduct.  ;)

WHAT!!?

I got a freezer full of beef! and fresh veggies!

I got homemade blackberry jam!!

HUMPH!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 08:58:48 pm »
WHAT!!?

I got a freezer full of beef! and fresh veggies!

I got homemade blackberry jam!!

HUMPH!

Oh, you said live, you didn't say meals were included!!!  I'm in!  Send me a map!  ;D

injest

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 09:04:18 pm »
Oh, you said live, you didn't say meals were included!!!  I'm in!  Send me a map!  ;D

anyone comes in MY house, ain't leaving til they are stuffed too full to waddle to their car...we got a dolly right by the front door to roll people out on...

pnwDUDE

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 10:24:31 pm »
What bothers me the most doesn't have too much to do with me. Not wealthy by any stretch, but happy to have our little cow and calf operation. What I worry about is young couples starting to raise families and unable to buy homes. For many it is impossible. Many baby boomers bought real estate when it was affordable. Upon retirement they made a bundle. They were able to help their kids (down payment, etc) get into homes. Those people are disappearing, and there is no way a young couple can come up with any sort of down payment, much less make payments, on a $300,000 home. And in my part of the country, that won't buy ya' much.

The other thing that bothers me is young peoples priorities. I know people who make good money, have $1000 a month payments for trucks, boats, etc., and don't have health insurance. I pay $990 a month for insurance coverage for Steve and I. That money could go toward 'toys', but we have our priorities. Those 'toy' priorities for lots of folks I know bother me.

Brad

injest

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 10:43:16 pm »
What bothers me the most doesn't have too much to do with me. Not wealthy by any stretch, but happy to have our little cow and calf operation. What I worry about is young couples starting to raise families and unable to buy homes. For many it is impossible. Many baby boomers bought real estate when it was affordable. Upon retirement they made a bundle. They were able to help their kids (down payment, etc) get into homes. Those people are disappearing, and there is no way a young couple can come up with any sort of down payment, much less make payments, on a $300,000 home. And in my part of the country, that won't buy ya' much.

The other thing that bothers me is young peoples priorities. I know people who make good money, have $1000 a month payments for trucks, boats, etc., and don't have health insurance. I pay $990 a month for insurance coverage for Steve and I. That money could go toward 'toys', but we have our priorities. Those 'toy' priorities for lots of folks I know bother me.

Brad

I have a friend that was offered one of those subprime loans back a few years ago...no down payment, no background check...she walked away...said it 'smelled funny, buying a house wasnt' supposed to be like that' (she had gone in to see what she needed to do to get into a house, her credit isn't perfect)

now she is feeling like a fool. People that try to do right get screwed.

she has a better job and feels more secure..she went back to see about a loan a couple of months ago? they told her she would need HALF down. WHO THE HELL can come up with HALF?

if she had taken the subprime, the gov would ride in and protect her...but since she tried to do the right thing she is unlikely to ever have a home.

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2008, 03:42:24 am »
I voted 'potential global recession'.

Because that covers all the other answers, as well.