Author Topic: Fantasy Scenes  (Read 76567 times)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Fantasy Scenes
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:01:05 am »
Just thought I would take the moderator up on this suggestion:
Here is one that was probably shot as I and some of you have seen at least two stills. It looks to be a greeting hug of Jack and Ennis on the beginning their last trip, "Sometimes I miss you....."
Please lets know any scenes you would have liked to see in the movie.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:06:48 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Fantasy Scenes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:13:43 am »
Wow, jpwagoneer, that's hardly even a fantasy -- that's one for the DEDVD (Deluxe Edition DVD)! Beautiful, too. Thanks for starting this thread!

OK, I'll just start right out with a potentially NC17 one, after having cautioned against going overboard on these! I would like to see the scene that occurred after Ennis and Jack climbed out of the water on the camping trip following their reunion.

(Let me just add that the post that prompted this suggestion for a thread in the first place -- jpwagoneer's beautifully articulated images of Jack driving up to the reunion -- was much more cinematic and better thought out and specific and full of lovely, vivid imagery. I would like to do the same, but somehow find myself unable, when picturing the scene above, to ... well, put it in words.)

(I was going to say unable to type, but I knew some of you would get the wrong idea.)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:42:20 am »
We also missed the greeting embrace in the second camping trip shown when Jack in putting on corn to cook, Ennis gets out of his truck (with fishing gear) and walks toward Jackand then cut. It may have been filmed as well.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 12:51:38 am »
Wow!  Great thread!  Yes, the post skinny dipping scene would be fun...  But come on now people... we all know that we want to see exactly what happened between leaving the apartment following the reunion kiss and arriving at the motel... Or between leaving the apartment that afternoon through all of the motel scene and then on to the diner for breakfast.
 ;)

Actually, this could link up nicely with the skinny dipping scene...
 ::)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 08:36:58 am »
Wow!  Great thread!  Yes, the post skinny dipping scene would be fun...  But come on now people... we all know that we want to see exactly what happened between leaving the apartment following the reunion kiss and arriving at the motel... ...snip...

Hmmm, the scene in the motel ... for a start a whole fireproof set would have been needed cos of all the sparks this would generate; second all persons involved - including the actors - would pass out from the intensity of the scene thus further lowering the probability this scene could ever have been committed to film; thirdly, there hasn't been a warning rating invented that could be put on the footage; and lastly,  I think the whole film industry would have something to say about the fact that no-one in the world over the age of 16 ever wanted to watch any other film ever again! :laugh:

Seriously, about the motel scene.  This is one of the most sacred parts of the story, probably my most hallowed part of all, and I for one would be content to leave it private between J & E.  Although I do read fan fics, a lot do not cover this part but if they do, the authors treat it with great respect I find in general.  I honestly don't know how Heath & Jake could have acted anything in that scene other than an extended version of what we get.  They have already given us all the build up in that kiss.  But it would have been nice to see more of them on the way to the skinny dipping scene: to make up for all the tension of the build up to the reunion & to show more of them being so relieved they found each other again, Ennis especially - his whole being is simply glowing now Jack is back in his life. 

Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:18:19 am »
Thought I would put this here if ok.
Wouldn't have been cool if on the the day of the reunion scene they show Jack getting in his Red/white truck long before daylight in Childress, getting on the hwy,  few hours later seeing the sun rise to the east as his truck eats up the road, eating sandwiches out of his metal lunch box so he won't have to stop, coffee out of thermos, flashing back to Ennis waiting for him, back to Jack making his way through Colorado, pensive look on his face ( if he only knew ), back to Ennis chain smoking, back to Jack  a few hours later, road signs to Wyoming thru windshield bitting his nails, then lighting a smoke with the truck lighter, Ennis asleep on couch, mid afternoon truck from outside passes the green road mllage  sign 'Riverton 107 miles', from inside Jack barrels down on the accelrator, we see the speedo pass 80MPH, determined look in his face  and so on. Maybe with "the Wings"version used m the remix video www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOJAXto3hj8&mode as backround music.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:33:32 am by jpwagoneer1964 »

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 12:27:49 pm »
I have said this in other threads.I always felt robbed in the lake scene we didn't get to see Jack and Ennis's final moments or perhaps words. I would settle for them picking each other up arm and arm to the truck,Jack saying "see you in November". But what would really bee cool would be: Change in camera angle so you know the stayed locked on each other for a while, Jack picking Ennis up grabing him by his collar "Damn you Ennis, don't you EVER think that your nothing or nowhere. I wouldn't ever mean to hurt you. For 20 years I can never wait until the next time I see you and for the next 20 years it will be the same. I sorry I got mad but its just I miss you so much.... when you said ....about August. Its ok Ennis will have a time In November...ok". Walk arm and arm to the truck, final embrace both with tears and heartfelt kiss.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:29:02 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 01:11:05 pm »
That sounds about perfect, jp. And I agree, that is one point in the story when I really long to see the part that didn't get filmed.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:42:25 pm »
Thought I would put this here if ok.
Wouldn't have been cool if on the the day of the reunion scene they show Jack getting in his Red/white truck long before daylight in Childress, getting on the hwy,  few hours later seeing the sun rise to the east as his truck eats up the road, eating sandwiches out of his metal lunch box so he won't have to stop, coffee out of thermos, flashing back to Ennis waiting for him, back to Jack making his way through Colorado, pensive look on his face ( if he only knew ), back to Ennis chain smoking, back to Jack  a few hours later, road signs to Wyoming thru windshield bitting his nails, then lighting a smoke with the truck lighter, Ennis asleep on couch, mid afternoon truck from outside passes the green road miilage  sign 'Riverton 107 miles', from inside Jack barrels down on the accelrator, we see the speedo pass 80MPH, determined look in his face  and so on. Maybe with "the Wings"version used m the remix video www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOJAXto3hj8&mode as backround music.

I second this one!  :D

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 01:31:41 pm »
I would have like to have seen what happened in between Jack's:

"Tell you what ..... the truth is ..... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it" and the next scene where it shows Ennis and Jack sleeping ...Ennnis' arm around Jack.

Sigh!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."