Author Topic: Fantasy Scenes  (Read 76727 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Fantasy Scenes
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 10:26:05 pm »
I would have killed for more loving looks between the two, and some sweet talk.  I can think of scenes where Ennis looks fondly at Jack (he is such a good looking man) and instances such as the  FNIT where Jack glances into Ennis' eyes with so much affection that I can't bear it. 

Image the 3rd tent scene when it is morning and Jack is still asleep.  Ennis awakes with his arm still over his lover, but instead of waking him, Ennis just looks at Jack, takes in his beautiful form: the spiky hair, the beauty marks, the sleek body.  ::)

Now let us picture any scene when they are about to leave one another.  Ennis and Jack have their arms wrapped around each other so tight, their foreheads are touching and Jack is tracing his husband's jawline with a finger.  They share a tender kiss and as Jack begins to deepen it, Ennis pulls away breathless.  He whispers in Jack's ear, "your kisses feel like honey.  I love you so much, bud." 

Okay, I'm sorry, everybody.  I better stop or my housemates will have to dial 911!

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 03:47:33 am »
Okay, I'm sorry, everybody.  I better stop or my housemates will have to dial 911!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree, littlewing, more loving looks, especially Ennis --> Jack, would have been GREAT. In fact, one of my favorite moments (one of my 1,000 favorite moments) is when, in the reunion scene, just after Ennis starts to pull away from kissing in order to regain "propriety" and go see Alma ... but first, he strokes Jack's face and looks at him in this sort of slightly pained heavy-breathing besotted way (the way you look at somebody when your knees feel weak)... his face really close ... and then ... the nuzzle ... !!!!

OK, now MY housemates will be calling 911. (And BTW, this is exactly the kind of moment that so many romance movies are lacking.)

The point is, that moment lasted about 5/8ths of a second, and I could have used a LOT more of that sort of thing. Would it have killed them? Would it have really undercut the "never enough time" message all that much? They could add an hour and a half of loving looks and nuzzles and affectionate caresses and it still wouldn't be enough time, in my book. (Please, Director's Cut, please please please!!!)

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 09:09:32 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree, littlewing, more loving looks, especially Ennis --> Jack, would have been GREAT. In fact, one of my favorite moments (one of my 1,000 favorite moments) is when, in the reunion scene, just after Ennis starts to pull away from kissing in order to regain "propriety" and go see Alma ... but first, he strokes Jack's face and looks at him in this sort of slightly pained heavy-breathing besotted way (the way you look at somebody when your knees feel weak)... his face really close ... and then ... the nuzzle ... !!!!

OK, now MY housemates will be calling 911. (And BTW, this is exactly the kind of moment that so many romance movies are lacking.)

The point is, that moment lasted about 5/8ths of a second, and I could have used a LOT more of that sort of thing. Would it have killed them? Would it have really undercut the "never enough time" message all that much? They could add an hour and a half of loving looks and nuzzles and affectionate caresses and it still wouldn't be enough time, in my book. (Please, Director's Cut, please please please!!!)

Okay, 911 is going to be on overload because I am about ready to pass out. That nuzzle is the GREATEST!!! You are all so right ... it (the kissing, nuzzling, etc.)  goes by way too fast. That's why I have to play it at least three times before I can bring myself to continue on with the film. (BTW, that also applies to FNIT and SNIT. YEOW!!! ::))

I am all for a Director's Cut! I don't think any of us can get too much of a good thing!!!

Okay, I am having heart palpitations. I've got to calm down!  :laugh:

Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 02:11:02 pm »
If only we could take up a petition or start a letter-writing campaign or picket outside Ang Lee's house or something.  I'm sure -- in fact, he has hinted as much in interviews -- that a lot more of that stuff ended up on the cutting-room floor. Well, pick it up off the floor, man, and get it onto video store shelves!

I'm afraid he won't, though ...  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 03:13:46 pm »
If only we could take up a petition or start a letter-writing campaign or picket outside Ang Lee's house or something.  I'm sure -- in fact, he has hinted as much in interviews -- that a lot more of that stuff ended up on the cutting-room floor. Well, pick it up off the floor, man, and get it onto video store shelves!

I'm afraid he won't, though ...  :'( :'( :'( :'(

You don't think we'll see at least one steamy scene that was cut?  You would think Ang Lee would throw something our way, especially after we've been so good to him, LOL :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 03:34:46 pm »
Okay, 911 is going to be on overload because I am about ready to pass out. That nuzzle is the GREATEST!!! You are all so right ... it (the kissing, nuzzling, etc.)  goes by way too fast. That's why I have to play it at least three times before I can bring myself to continue on with the film. (BTW, that also applies to FNIT and SNIT. YEOW!!! ::))

Diane, I can't believe how this nuzzle is at once both hot and sweet.  After it is over I'm so moved that I have to go walk it off of me!  How did they convey such feeling, such sweet passion in what seemed like a few seconds? 

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 05:26:16 pm »
That's for sure. Do you guys remember a thread at imdb titled "Ode to the Nuzzle"? A classic. (And it might be on the archives site.) You're right, littlewing, simultaneously hot and sweet is a good description. And Diane, it's fun to agree with you so vehemently about something! After all these months and hundreds of times of watching that moment (I have a downloaded reunion video), it still really gets to me.

How about we collect $80,000 and put another ad in Variety begging Ang to hand over all omitted love scenes?

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 06:41:36 pm »
That's for sure. Do you guys remember a thread at imdb titled "Ode to the Nuzzle"? A classic. (And it might be on the archives site.) You're right, littlewing, simultaneously hot and sweet is a good description. And Diane, it's fun to agree with you so vehemently about something! After all these months and hundreds of times of watching that moment (I have a downloaded reunion video), it still really gets to me.

How about we collect $80,000 and put another ad in Variety begging Ang to hand over all omitted love scenes?

latjoreme - it's okay to disagree, too. But, wow!! Is it fun to agree about these GREAT SCENES!!!  :o

There is a site where you can vote for a special edition of BBM. I will have to see if I can find it. Of course, I signed it immediately!!
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 06:59:33 pm »
latjoreme - it's okay to disagree, too.

Oh, don't worry, disagreeing is my second favorite thing -- after agreeing. It's nice when, after arguing with someone, you get a reminder of what ultimately we all have in common.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 07:49:21 pm »
Yup, that good ol' reunion scene never loses its power.  Amazing!
 :)

Hey, I have two bits of good news.

(1) That great "Ode to the Nuzzle" thread is in the archives.  Yeehaw!  It really is/was a lovely thread.

(2)  At the time of this posting, BetterMost currently has 481 members.  In order to raise $80,000 we'd all need to pitch in $166.33 (approximately... we'd have $4.73 left over after this with which to buy beans).  That seems possible.  Plus, we'd get a lot for our money since we know that there are at least 13 versions of the first tent scene.  And, I've heard tell that it took them all day to shoot the reunion scene!  Maybe we could all write this contribution off on our taxes as a donation to the betterment of society, humankind, etc.  We all know the world would be a better place with more Brokeback Mountain in it.
 :D

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 07:54:10 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie