Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1677871 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%
« Reply #4410 on: June 11, 2007, 09:27:54 am »
JACK:

**Fishin'? Hell no, don't know a darn thing about fish-...**

((Jack catches Randall's heated look focused straight on him and looks away suddenly. No denying what he saw there.))

**Oh you mean fishin'**

RANDALL~

That's what I said, fishin'.  Make up your mind, do ya know how to fish or don't ya??  'Cause I have the keys to Roy Taylor's croppie house.  You know Roy Taylor?  He's a good ole boy, and a pretty good boss too.  Do ya know what a croppie house is?  Never mind, that's not important.  The thing is, we can go fishin' and sip some whiskey, how does that sound?  The croppie house is over on Lake Kemp, that's not so far is it?  I haven't been there yet, but Roy says it's not too far to drive, even if just for one night.  I like fishing at night, it helps me to unwind.  We can go up there in my truck if you like, I can even pick you up.  What kind of whiskey do you like?  If you really don't know how to fish, I can teach you.  Do you have a rod and reel?  I can lend you some fishing equipment if you don't have your own stuff.  How about fly fishing?  Have you ever tried that?  If you're a beginner, best to learn with a rod and reel, then graduate to fly fishing later on.  A' course goin' up for the whole weekend would be better, easier for me to give you fishing lessons during the day.  We can save the whiskie for the evening.  How does that sound, Jack?  Wanna get away, relax some, sip some whiskie?  Hmmmm??
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4411 on: June 11, 2007, 10:55:14 am »
JACK:

%% Fishin'... fishin'.... Do I know how ta fish?? Think I did a long time ago. But the way he's lookin' at me, don't think we'd get much fishin' done. It'd be jest like those fishin' trips with Ennis, 'xcept Randall here's payin' a whole lot more attention ta me.  Not that I'd mind fishin', we just never seem to do it any. %%

((Jack looks dead ahead, still uncertain of how to respond.))

Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4412 on: June 11, 2007, 12:16:32 pm »
RANDALL~

((looks over to Jack, waiting for an answer to at least one of his questions))

%%My isn't he a beauty!  That has got ta be  the prettiest face for fifty one hundred and fifty miles!  But why all-of-a-sudden does he look so stunned?  Maybe it's all that nervous yammering I just can't put a lid on sometimes.%%

%%Maybe he thinks I am morphing into LaShawn.  Hell's bells!!  All that gum-flapping is contagious; I was never such a motormouth until I married her!  I hope I don't scare him away, Yikes!!%%

I wonder what's taking the wives so long Jack?

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4413 on: June 11, 2007, 04:00:44 pm »
JACK'S BLACK PANTS -

((Feels something making contact in the right 'knee area'...  seems accidental at first, but now the PANTS/PANTS connection is a little more firm and deliberate.))

%% Whoa, now, what's this?!  I know I'm new at this, but....  feels like somebody's cottonin' up to me fer sure!  When that Lureen gal snatched me up at the Wild & Woolly Western Wear store in Childress yesterday I was gettin' a little nervous-- that is, until I saw Mr. JACK here walkin' up behind her and sayin', 'Sure, hun, those'll be fine...'.  Then I watched him turn around and amble towards the Resistol aisle and...  um...  soon as I saw the way his beautiful backside filled out those blue Wranglers I knew I was gonna love my new job.  (Also wonderin' why a man a means like him would be hangin' on to a obviously old and worn out pair a jeans like those.)  While Mr. JACK was sleepin' last night I had a chance to get the lowdown from those blue Wranglers.  Seems those PANTS have been around since JACK'S Momma was the one washin' em.  'BLUE' tells me that here in Texas there ain't any action ta speak of in the 'fly zone' with the exception of all the times Mr. JACK is thinkin' on a certain special sheepherder-- then, he says, "Hang on to yer buttons, bud, 'cause there's gonna be some serious strainin' in those parts, 'specially when JACK gets to rememberin' a certain smooch-fest with his man after four effin' years.  Seems that's the thing that gets him goin' more than anything else.  Lureen?  Nah...   nothin'.  Sorry, Mr. BLACK Fancy-pants, but you ain't likely to see any of the real action, like *I* have.  JACK sure ain't gonna take you on any a his ~fishin'~ trips with ENNIS, it'll be me.  Ahh, who knows, maybe you can make a trip ta Mexico with 'im one a these days."

So-o... now what's goin' on right here on this bench?!  I thought I felt a little movement south of the belt buckle, but... is it really this RANDALL feller that's wakin' up JACK'S 'Sleepin' Beauty' (and WHAT a beauty....  dang!  Whoo-EEE!) or, is all this talk about fishin' and cabins and whiskey makin' JACK ache for the true love of his life, which accordin' to JACK'S (blue) PANTS is one Mr. ENNIS DEL MAR.  Well, since I ain't got much of a say-so as ta whose knee is rubbin' all over my beautiful black brushed cotton knee, I reckon I'll just wait and see if Prince Charming Malone has what it takes to get a rise outta Mr. JACK.  (But if this Randall feller keeps talkin' about 'little fishin' and 'little boat' and 'little cabin' and 'little whiskey', *I'M* gonna be askin' his PANTS if there's anything ELSE 'little' he'd like to offer...)%%

JACK'S PANTS -

%% Dream on, Fancy-pants.  Nobody's takin' the place of Mr. ENNIS DEL MAR.  Ain't gonna happen. %%

"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4414 on: June 11, 2007, 07:29:42 pm »

I wonder what's taking the wives so long Jack?

**Lureen and LaShawn got so busy talking and drinkin and all, they completely forgot to powder their noses and left their compacts in their purses with the price tags still on them!!**

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #4415 on: June 12, 2007, 12:59:37 pm »
JBB:

**Been a long time since we had us a fishing trip Mr Twist. So long I reckon ma lotion's congealed and ma lid's stuck harder'n a rodeo's thighs to a chargin' bull. That cabin sure sounds sweet ta me...**

Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4416 on: June 12, 2007, 02:13:56 pm »
THE NOT-SO- PATIENT-ANYMORE BENCH OUTSIDE THE DANCE HALL:

(( In exstacy ))

%% The good: JACK TWIST. Firmly placed. Aahhh. Positioned just so. So right.  :P My wildest Bench dreams come true. Oh, YEEEES! %%

(( Small reality check ))

%% The bad: These here silly unnecessary BLACK PANTS are in my way. They keep me from him! Of course, the fabric *is* thin and I'm still *this* close to heaven....but still: JACK, come on now. Drop those PANTS, but stay with me! It'd be a sweet life!  :-* %%

(( Big reality check ))

%% The ugly: Why did this other one, this RANDALL guy have to place his big butt so heavily down, too close to the fine firm object of my desire? Grrrrrr. He's causing a disturbance in my perfect force of nature experience. He's weighing me down, and causing me pain, and distractin' JACK from noticin' me! Aaarghhh! Take a fishin' hike, pal! Go away!! On your own, mind you! You can safely leave JACK to me!  %%

(( Continues to outwardly seem inanimate and calm, while inwardly seething with a battle of lust and caution ))

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #4417 on: June 12, 2007, 06:54:11 pm »
THE AMOROUS BENCH OUTSIDE THE DANCE HALL:

(( Taking heart ))

%% Oh well, I'm not gonna worry overmuch about RANDALL. I've got something he hasn't got. A secret, alluring weapon! %%

(( Self-congratulatory ))

%% Just before they emerged from the hall, I luckily had the foresight to douse myself liberally with the one-of-a-kind essence in this little bottle: %%

(( Preens ))

** Yep! Sure enough! I can fight dirty if I have to! No way JACK's ever gonna leave me unless someone practically drags him away! **

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4418 on: June 12, 2007, 09:23:56 pm »
RANDALL~

OK, where were we again?  .....oh yeah, fishin'.  I was askin' you if you wanted to go fishin'.  Right after that is when you clammed right up, got this look in your eye, cain't say that I really recognized it or nothin'....

((RANDALL steals a glance at JACK, but it's as if he were in his own little world, JACK's still in a trance))

Jack?   Jack??

((No response from JACK.  RANDALL can't stop himself from sneaking another peek at JACK'S rapturous visage))

%%He has got ta be the most beautiful man I have ever laid eyes on!  Prettier than any lil' lady, too.  I sure as hell hope he doesn't already have a fishin' buddy, oh dear!%%

**(SCREENWRITER's NOTES in the margin of the Working
Script:  The character of RANDALL should be portrayed as a
bit thick in the head)**

((RANDALL sniffs the air once, then again, then again and again; his head starts to pivot left and then right......))

Say, can you smell anything unusual JACK?  Owww!!!  That feels like a big wicked splinter poking me in the bum!!!!

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #4419 on: June 13, 2007, 11:16:41 am »
THE VERY VERY VERY AMOROUS AND EQUALLY JEALOUS BENCH:

Say, can you smell anything unusual JACK?

** Hrmf! Can you say "pearls before swine"? Still, it can't be helped. The allure of smell knows no boundaries and won't let me aim at single targets. **

(( Tenses and flexes ))

%% So instead, I'll just have to......umpf..... sacrifice yet another little piece of my heartwood, to get my message sharply across! %%

(( Lets go of another big, sharp splinter where it certainly will be noticed ))

((Tauntingly:))

Hey RANDALL, are you really sitting comfortably here? Maybe somewhere alse would be better?

(( Snickers, before re-focusing exclusively on JACK again ))