Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1681312 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%
« Reply #4810 on: August 17, 2008, 01:25:34 pm »
ENNIS [thinkin]:  Dang.  Between the explodin and cryin and whut-not, it's been a helluva long day.

Oh sheeit, there's the ol man again.  Tellya whut: I ain't gettin out without these here shirts.  He hassles me about this, it's gonna be ON.

(But I can't do no ass-kickin in front of Jack's mama...  Hmm.  Maybe I can just challenge him to a dance battle or somethin.)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4811 on: August 18, 2008, 06:44:38 pm »
MA TWIST (as played by Scarlett O'Hara):

Oh dear, me. Ah looked high and low for a paper bag in this here kitchen and if there are any in here, Ah'll just be a monkey's aunt. Ah found these instead though. If we cut them out and tape them together, it might be enough for a paper bag.

Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4812 on: August 18, 2008, 10:05:33 pm »

OLD MAN TWIST~

((muttering in his head))

%%What took him so long, up there?  I don't like this one bit, him comin' into my house, snoopin' about and pokin' his nose into my bizness.....  an' is he tryin' ta shield somethin' from my view, there, under his arm?  What the H-E-L-L has he got there?!??%%

%%Should I wrassle 'im for it?  I wonder if I could take 'im.....  well maybe not, might to let the wife deal with it.....  what a royal pain in the ass this has bin!  A whole afternoon wasted!!%%
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:30:11 am by welliwont »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #4813 on: August 21, 2008, 12:35:59 am »
((   ENNIS steps past OLD MAN TWIST, meeting eyes with his co-star in her maroon Texas finery.   ))

%%   Dang, whutta gown. French silk velvet and all. And catch a gander at all them jewel accents an' hand-dyed ostrich feather details on the shoulder.   %%

((   Nods at her and gestures meekly with the shirts.  Steps a bit closer.   ))

[Whispers]  Ma'am, you don't have to hand-make no paper bag on my account.  If you'd be willin to part with some tulle from that shawl you're wearin, I can just wrap the shirts in that or somethin.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:18:00 am by LauraGigs »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4814 on: August 21, 2008, 08:36:29 am »
MA TWIST (as played by Scarlett O'Hara)

((Wistfully clings to her shawl.))

**Ah.... Jack gave me this for mah birthday. Ah--**

((Takes one look into Ennis's eyes and recognizes how much Jack meant to him. She slowly peels off the tulle shawl and holds it open so Ennis can put the two shirts inside it, then she slowly, reverently wraps the shawl around the two shirts and hands it to him.))

((She looks at her husband for a moment and then lifts her chin proudly, though still overcome with sadness.))

Ah do hope you'll come back and see us again.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4815 on: August 21, 2008, 02:37:57 pm »
RANDOM AUDIENCE MEMBER:

((Nearly overcome with emotion))

**sniff, sob**

%% I wonder whether OMT is going to tell them that frankly, he doesn't give a damn! %%

((Waits with bated breath))

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4816 on: September 09, 2008, 03:15:04 am »
OLD MAN TWIST~

Tell you what, we got a family plot and he's goin' in it.

%% 'n I don't give a good God Dam what any a you thinks about it! %%
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4817 on: September 20, 2008, 10:59:48 pm »
Audience members (green snake, pink elephant, yellow giraffe)

BOO! HISS!!!

>:( >:( >:(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4818 on: February 10, 2009, 01:08:44 pm »
The entire cast pauses for a moment five months in honor of director wellIwont's birthday!! Okay, we're all rested and refreshed now, we're ready for Ennis and Alma Junior and the big wedding announcement!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4819 on: February 10, 2009, 02:48:42 pm »
JACK'S PANTS -

%% No, NO! NO-O-O!!!  Dang it, I don't think I can take this.  I've been in this here closet for I don't know how many years now, and the only time I stir is when Ma Twist comes up here once a month, like clockwork. I can see her dustin' and sweepin' Jack's room, even though it don't need it.  She even washes the window, then opens it up and sits there, staring out for a good long while, sometimes with tears comin' down, sometimes with a little sad smile that  can just break a pants' heart.  She comes over to the closet, buries her face in shirts, breathin' in the lingering scent of her son, and she just stands there....  I can only imagine the thoughts runnin' through that gal's mind.  Old Man Twist ain't never been up here, never once came to this room when Jack was here, and never once after he wasn't.  After Jack started spendin' time in Texas with that scrawny little filly he started gettin' a little thicker in the middle,'cause she was feedin' him all that fancy Texas barbecue stuff and he was eatin' it up, and I couldn't button up no more. One time when he came up here to Lightnin Flat he brought me up here to stay, for good, I reckon.  Told Ma he might be needin' me later, but truth was... he couldn't bear to part with me, either.  He wanted me hangin' right here by the shirts, and that's where I been all this time, able to smell the faint, but powerful combined scents of those two boys....   I figgered that's how I'd live out my days here, and it didn't seem so bad, best I could do.  But, now...  they're leaving me!  I don't think Ennis saw me, or he woulda taken me, too, I know it!  He mighta even slipped me onto his legs and purty backside, and buttoned me up over that special man-part, which might make me pop a few buttons, 'cause I know he don't wear no undershorts!  Wooo-EEE, that might be more than I could handle, but I really want to try.  Oh, please, Ennis, PLEASE come back and get me!%%

:'(
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."