Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1681400 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE!~~ =Director's Instruction= **ASIDE** ((MOVEMENT)) %%THOUG
« Reply #4830 on: January 26, 2010, 12:34:58 pm »

For Pipedream's Olivia and Arad's Harry Faulk

...and Olli too (from page 177)

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%
« Reply #4831 on: January 26, 2010, 12:44:44 pm »

And for LauraGig's
three little pigs
(one which dropped Ennis off at Wolf Ears Bar!) (from page 51)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4832 on: January 26, 2010, 01:16:46 pm »

And for Sascha's famous Jack's denim blues!! (from page 42!)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4833 on: January 26, 2010, 06:56:05 pm »
For patient Ma...(from page 9)

and Uncle Hal...(from page 167)
My darlin' the first time I saw him, dressed up so fine, in The Last Picture Show by Larry McMurtry.  We were young men then , with all of it before us...

But he always did have that hot temper

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
and Terry Cloth,

** Since Jiminy Cricket and the owls have spoken, I guess I can jump in... just don't shoot me like a kai-oat if my timing is bad!**

((As JACK peels potatoes, ENNIS goes to warsh ever’thing he can reach.  ENNIS walks to the bucket of warm water, strips off all but his hat, squats, grabs TERRY CLOTH and gets ta warshin’.  No instruction manual needed.))

TC: ** This guy has a firm hold on me… feels like he could wring me out a hunderd times.  Hell, he’s got me all in a lather. **

((ENNIS pushes TERRY CLOTH up across his torso.))

TC: ** What’s up ahead?  Hell, some not-so-silky armpit hair.  Cowboy here didn’t hardly have no deodorant in that paper bag.  I swear, must be no Secret in Signal, that’s fer d*mn Sure.  I might asphyxiate from the smell.  Where does this guy buy his personal hygiene products, in the condiments aisle?**

((ENNIS slowly pushes TERRY CLOTH all the way to the south pole or the equator depending on which way you thought you were sailing.  Along the trip, while sleddin’ downhill in ENNIS’ grip like ALMA next winter, TERRY CLOTH speaks.))

TC:  Fast or slow, I like the direction you’re goin’.

TC: ** All the travelin’ I ever done is around this man, lookin’ for the handle.**

((TERRY CLOTH takes his eyes off of ENNIS’ goobly bits and looks farther afield for just a second.))

TC: ** Now why is that sweet-lookin’ guy in the dark hat starin’ at me out a the corner of his eye?  Might be kinda jealous a where I’m goin’.  I wouldn’t mind switchin’ places with his cigarette, even if I gotta smell some cat piss along the way. **

((TC gasps suddenly).)

TC: ** Tell you what, I know who he is… he had ta use my great-grandtowel to wipe up after his Twisted daddy Stud Duck hosed him down.**

((TERRY CLOTH resumes his watch of the trail ahead as ENNIS continues to send TERRY CLOTH down the southbound lane of a country mile.))

TC:  Sh*t, that’s hard.

((TERRY CLOTH’s compulsory journey to Down Under continues.))

TC:  Whoa, whoa, are those apples?  Turns out I got a low startle point too!  Is that pair a deuces lookin’ for work?

((and as ENNIS’ full moon comes into view…))

TC:  No, I can’t drink no suds right now… but I’ll sure have a piece a cherr….

((BASQUE SHEPHERD’S HOOK enters horizontally from Stage Right and yanks TERRY CLOTH out of ENNIS’ hand and, mercifully, offstage.  SHEEP pelt TERRY CLOTH with BetterMost Bean cans as he vanishes from sight and is taken to have his mouth warshed out with soap.))

(TERRY CLOTH yells from offstage):

TC:  One curve on his whole body, and I miss it!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Back when we made quite a performance out of Brokeback slang.

((Having at last returned to full wakefullness, JBB notices that there are two pieces of paper lying on the welcome mat of the luxury tent...

Snorting loudly, JBB dismisses the invitation with a flick of his lid.))

%% Ha ha, nice try Liv. No way yer gettin' yer conniving claws in my TERRY CLOTH again... What's this?? %%

((JBB picks up a postcard. On it is a French postmark.))

((On the reverse of the postcard, JBB reads (in a thick French accent:)

"Tarquelle, mon petit-chou. Your Uncle Pierre is tres, tres ill. Ze doctors do not expect 'im to make it through ze night. Please come soon as you can. Your Mama."

JBB drops the postcard. How long it is since he last heard from his mother, the highly perfumed boudoir balm who stole his father's heart, and then broke it when she ran off with the heir to the famous Boudreaux Butt Paste dynasty.))

** SACRE BLEU!!! Uncle Pierre!!! I must go at once!! I ain't no use if I stick around here!! I'm coming Mama!! **

((JBB goes to where TERRY CLOTH lies, still gently snoring, and places the postcard next to him before nuzzling him gently.))

%% Ah, my handsome and oh-so-strokable TERRY. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but leave you I must. I will return my love. But for now, adieu! %%

((JBB makes a quick phone call to Director Raymille, interrupting the great man in the middle of a... *cough*... "casting (couch) call", before taking the slow boat to China via Calais...))

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4836 on: May 16, 2013, 11:49:22 am »
For snappy patter and sheer fun, I nominate saucycobblers, Sashca1007 and alec716 for a special Oscar.  Or should it go to JBB, Ennis's jammy pants/Jack's denims and Terry the Warshcloth?  ;D  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #4837 on: June 07, 2013, 04:11:47 am »
One day - probably when I'm retired - I'll read through all of the performance thread.

I find it a highly convincing reason for early retirement!  ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
Ich bin ein Brokie...