Author Topic: Where is everybody from?  (Read 46773 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Where is everybody from?
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2006, 03:28:43 pm »
I'm from the Southwest.  Las Vegas to be exact.

Good ol' Lost Wages. I haven't been there in years.

Welcome To Bettermost JT.   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2006, 11:56:47 pm »
Thanks David!  I love it here in Bettermost!  It's good to hear "Las Veges" mentioned in the movie eventhough it was mentioned by a not very likable character and not a good impression of this city.  But still, it was in the movie.

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2006, 11:29:14 am »
I just took the poll. Yes I'm from the midwest out here on the prairie. Well it was the prairie, of course it's all built up now. I was born in Minneapolis Minnesota; I have always lived here. A friend and I were talking about if you are a straight female looking for a straight male in Minnesota you might as well look for a __ in a __ ! (I can't think of an analogy right now. Or is it a metaphor??). Besides having a higher population of women, Minnesota has a high percentage of gay men.

I'm just starting to read & post here on Bettermost - another IMDb refugee. I want to post some photos of my yard and cats (I have 3) later on. I loved the photos of the baby roo! Thanks for that. When I was a kid I wanted to be the person in the zoo who took care of the baby animals. So I grew up to be an administrative assistant. huh?? And a frustrated artist (don't spend enough time painting). Iffin ya'll will excuse me, I gotta to do the mornin chores now. 'bye
  :-\

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2006, 03:08:46 pm »
I just took the poll. Yes I'm from the midwest out here on the prairie. Well it was the prairie, of course it's all built up now. I was born in Minneapolis Minnesota; I have always lived here. A friend and I were talking about if you are a straight female looking for a straight male in Minnesota you might as well look for a __ in a __ ! (I can't think of an analogy right now. Or is it a metaphor??). Besides having a higher population of women, Minnesota has a high percentage of gay men.

I'm just starting to read & post here on Bettermost - another IMDb refugee. I want to post some photos of my yard and cats (I have 3) later on. I loved the photos of the baby roo! Thanks for that. When I was a kid I wanted to be the person in the zoo who took care of the baby animals. So I grew up to be an administrative assistant. huh?? And a frustrated artist (don't spend enough time painting). Iffin ya'll will excuse me, I gotta to do the mornin chores now. 'bye
  :-\

Your post was wonderful, but one part of it really caught my eye....

Minnesota? Prairie?

I have to ask this....

Do you live anywhere near Walnut Grove? Or Sleepy Eye? Or Mankato?

Your post reminded me of the show "Little House on the Prairie".

I love Minnesota! I have been there several times and it is an awesome state!   :D

Please be sure to post some pictures of your yard and your animals!   :D  We would love to see them.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:10:26 pm by David925 »

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2006, 09:07:35 pm »
I live in the CITY of Minneapolis. I haven't been to Sleepy Eye, but I once got drunk at the Stoned Toad in Mankato. I drove through Walnut Grove. Never a fan of Little House on the Prairie (book or tv show) but a friend who grew up on a farm near Walnut Grove liked the books. Here's my little "house on the prairie." (Actually it's on a city lot near Minnehaha Creek and Highway 35W)

One of my kitties - looking out and looking up.

And last but NOT least, here's a photo of my boyfriend  ;) ......he smiles a lot

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2006, 03:37:07 am »
How cute!  :)

Thanks for posting the pictures of your house, your cute cats and your cute...... ;)..boyfriend!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2006, 03:41:05 am »
Oh! I just noticed something!

Minnehaha Creek? I have been to Minnehaha Falls before!

I remember the story too (I think).

Didn't Minnehaha jump over the falls with her lover? She was a young indian maiden. I visited Minnehaha Falls when i was about 10 years old (I am 43 now) and perhaps my memory fails me, but I think i remember hearing this story when we were there. Anyway, Minnehaha Falls was beautiful! I DO remember that!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2006, 09:34:10 am »

Nice humpy-butt kitty, Leslie!

Here's another picture of Henry, plus a picture of my house in Baltimore, bathed in last winter's snow.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2006, 10:42:54 pm »
Coffeecat -

If you hadn't told us, I would have guessed the picture of the house was taken in Minnesota! That is a lot of snow for Maryland. But if I remember correctly, they had a pretty rough winter last year.

Even here in central Indiana, we normally don't see that much snow.... Thank God. :D

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2006, 12:30:13 am »
David -- it must be confusing to have coffeecat and henrypie posting their houses and cats!  I'm henrypie, aka Sarah, and we got one good dump o' snow last winter.  It vanished in a couple of days.

On with the kitties!