Author Topic: I WISH THIS WAS NOT DEAD SERIOUS  (Read 4823 times)

injest

Re: I WISH THIS WAS NOT DEAD SERIOUS
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 07:58:21 pm »
the good thing is that murders make the news...so if something really bad happened to that woman you would have heard. so maybe it came out ok... :-\

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: I WISH THIS WAS NOT DEAD SERIOUS
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 08:34:21 pm »
Something similar happened to my son Paul, a few weeks ago.....

He was at the pub, and just happened to walk out the door, when he saw a bloke get king hit, causing him to hit his head on the pavement and go unconcious.  There was a crowd around who had been watching the altercation, and an ambulance was rung, and the victim was taken off to hospital.

My son who is 37, and not a regular pub goer, was extremely shaken by what he had seen, and the next morning, he was still upset by it. He actually rang the local hospital, to ask about the victim, and whether he was ok. He did not even know his name. Being a country town hospital, the emergency receptionist, was aware of the patient arriving the night before, and although, she could not give out private information, she did tell my son, that the "patient was no longer at the hospital"....so that at least put my sons mind at rest.

But for days afterwards, he kept thinking about it, and bringing it up in conversation, it really got a hold of him.

Actually, he did find out more about the bloke who was hurt......Paul runs a pet shop, and he was talking to a customer about it, and this customer knew the victim, so Paull was happy to find out, that he was OK. It gave him a bit of closure to the incident.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection