Author Topic: At what moment in BBM did you realize that they were falling in love?  (Read 40990 times)

rtprod

Though I could feel the attraction building before this, for me, it's when Ennis looks up to the mountainside while standing in the stream.  The score and Ledger's expression inform all we need to know.   
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 03:08:10 am by rtprod »

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Hm, I will have to go watch it again.  Pretty much each time I see it, it gets sooner and sooner.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
When Jack falls over after the rodeo whoop and holler and they both laugh and Ennis says "I think my Dad was right."  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
In the book, I knew Ennis was falling hard when he was riding out back to the sheep after an evening of conversation with Jack,  feeling he could 'paw the white out of the moon'. Man, I loved that line.
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

http://users.livejournal.com/_sepia

dmmb_Mandy

Hmm..In the movie, I think I first started to really feel their connection when Ennis gets back after the bear incident.

vkm91941

I felt it was that scene where Ennis is talking away and Jack give him that little smile and says that's the most I heard you talk all month, and Ennis offers that's the most I've talked all year and he give Jack that shy little smile.  It opens his face like a flower opening to the sun.  I think that's the moment when they first fall in love.

Offline Ellemeno

I love that moment too, Victoria.  I think their looks say, "I know you and trust you."  "I know you and trust you too."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
I'm gonna go with that one as well. The first sign of Ennis starting to trust Jack.

Heathen

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
I felt it was that scene where Ennis is talking away and Jack give him that little smile and says that's the most I heard you talk all month, and Ennis offers that's the most I've talked all year and he give Jack that shy little smile.  It opens his face like a flower opening to the sun.  I think that's the moment when they first fall in love.

Ditto.
   Cowboys do it better

EnnisDelMar

Ditto²