Author Topic: At what moment in BBM did you realize that they were falling in love?  (Read 41104 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: At what moment in BBM did you realize that they were falling in love?
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2007, 12:27:33 pm »
Thanks brokeplex, thanks moremojo, thanks Oregondoggie, thanks myprivatejack, and thanks to all too!!

Concerning: At what moment in BBM did you realize that they were falling in love? , isn't that a mystery! Like love is?? !!

To me, re-seeing the movie I seem to realize that Jack firstly has an eye for a stranger (which he finds later that he is named Ennis), right away at that first sight, since Ennis is besides the trailer. When Ennis the second time, he glances at Jack who is obviously looking at him still, this tells me that a possible romance is in the air!! They both have eyes for each other... call it flirtation if you like, but isn't that part of love??

Brokeplex, you say: I would suspect that Ennis never again had a close encounter with another man. Jack was it for him.

Brokeplex, I tend to agree with you on that, those two lines. Any proof otherwise? Maybe? Since you add this: in the screen script, he mused about the possibility of having to live temporarily with Junior and her husband. This implies a good relationship with both Junior and her roughneck husband.

Brokeplex, you added too this: The Ennis that we first meet leaning next to Joe Aguirre's trailer was so closed up and afraid that it was difficult for him to make friends.

Brokeplex, may I wonder about that? Why afraid to make friends or a friend??

Brokeplex, I am glad that you say in reply to moremojo (and I thank you too moremojo) that: "Ride the High Country" has always been one of my favorite Westerns. The motivation of the "hero" (the McCrea character) to lead and cause others to lead a 'justified' life, has always intrigued me. I see what you are saying about the visual imagery of the boys riding together, it does resemble Scott and McCrea, also the images of Ennis leading the pack mules along the ridgeline paths seems also taken from the movie. Thanks for reminding me. 

Having read about Scott life with another man he lived happily with as a gay couple in Hollywood, I do tend to think that Heath is indeed Randolph Scott too... in that scene and in other scenes, may I add. Heath's body is like Scott, to me!! To you all??

Oregondoggie, could you explain (detail) what is this:

Ennis "thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon."    ?? Please anyone here too!! Samples... eh??
Moremojo, since you say: Yes, and in the story's italicized preface, there are distinct clues that many years have passed since Jack's death, and Ennis shows every sign of being quite alone. In the story, there is a strong implication that Jack's death marked the end of Ennis's emotional journey.

Moremojo and others, therefore, Ennis will now love another person, be it another man besides Jack??

Hugs to all!! May we keep one with the BM mystery! Merry Christmas and Gay Holidays to all here on Bettermost and on earth!! Guess this is like a heaven for us here??

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2007, 12:50:50 pm »
Artiste, may I presume to offer you some communications advice?

If you wish to post questions to individuals, try to present your questions and opinions in an easier format.

This can be achieved by dividing your questions into several posts over time, aim each individual post at the individual Bettermostian you wish to question.

You may find others would more likely respond if you make your posts more "reader" friendly.

Speaking for myself, I am an all too frail aging human who doesn't always have the time or patience to sort thru posts as complex as yours.

Unfortunately then because of my attention span problem, and limited time available for browsing Bettermost, I miss out on some of the meaning in your messages.

I do like your ticker banner moving across the page!

Merry Christmas!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2007, 01:22:37 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

I will re-read what you say as I am pleased of your efforts to help, and I like your continued communications!!

I read briefly this once, your comment here, and accept it! But that is moi! So is it with anyone else (or most or some)! My state of mind, of being presently?? To be... or not ot be?? As in Ennis and Jack?? However, I do try at times to make a thing simple... like a thought or an idea, but do I have that patience or time to do so, most times, no! I doubt that anyone will read only a word or a sentence or two or three, only, when one reads a book!

You are assured that I like your comment, very much!! When I look at what others do like I do, I sometime do come back to them, to those numerous paragraphs or ideas, only sometimes!! Of course, I take what is an immediate thought by one there and then and work on it! But others ideas if not answered right away, can be understood only later, some... or one, but it must be there in order to be seen or it might forever lost or never seen!! ??

Guess that it is writing.. likeness toI creating a painting on canvas, which I do. Each of my paintings is a complex as while as simple; that is why most of them are museum pieces!! I have been told to limit each, but can not; since each is like an Annie's book, some are even Operas; to give you an example, a world known jazz player wanted to compose such by using one of my paintings, he came two years ago as well as this year and has not forgotten that complexity like the BM movie in that one painting and yet it is simple (like love is)!!

Here I go again with much and simply to add,

give me samples to help me?? You and others.

Yes, at what moment in the BBM movie I realize or you realize that they were falling in love?? -  it this like that for me too in creating my painting (composing with colors, etc.) as well as in my writing (composing with words),

awaiting your news,

Joyeux Noel, Merry Christmas Happy gay Holidays!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2007, 01:43:42 pm »
Artiste, your paintings are incomparable!

Your posting sometimes meander a little. But, I will try to exercise patience beyond my natural disposition, and struggle thru them as often as I can.

Ironically, today I have more time to devote to Bettermost than I have had for some while. At least until D.L. gets back from shopping.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2007, 08:07:57 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

I do not agree with you concerning the paintings I create. I do agree with the writing!

Your patience is great! So is your help!

Maybe like the BM movie, you will make a film with D.L. when he arrives about the two of you or about a clip about BBM or that Annie story, or another event??

Cheek to cheek... which ones?? So we will realize when one falls in love as in the BM movie?

Hugs!! Ha! Ha! Merry Christmas to you BOTH and Happy Gay Holidays!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2008, 08:45:27 pm »
If flirting is part of falling in love since it's attraction, then I would say that Ennis and Jack started falling in love or infatuation right away as soon as they saw each other !

Does that make some sense, maybe ?

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2008, 10:03:35 pm »
I believe Ennis was pretty sure he was in love by the TS2 which was reaffirmed by the fight on the mountain when he realised their time was to be cut short. Ithink he knew beyond any doubt when he was in the alley after comming down from the mountain.That is if we are tlking love as opposd to lust or infatuation.
IronicallyI find it harder to pin dowm when Jack realised he was in love.His character is much more gregarious and thus the love angle is less easy to decipher.In the film I would say TST when he gently reassures Ennis. that is neither, lust or flirting, it is a oving and tender moment.

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2008, 05:19:25 am »
I would have to say tent scene #2. The looks on both of their faces say it all.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline Artiste

« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2008, 12:39:18 pm »
An attraction too between the two actors ?

Could that be so ?

May I dare pose this.

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2008, 02:04:20 pm »
An attraction too between the two actors ?

Could that be so ?

May I dare pose this.

Au revoir,
hugs!

You can pose it, but I don't think it happened.If you look at their body language when they are interviewed together, they tend to cross their arms, or angle away from each other, or move legs away.The complete opposite of where a real attraction exists, where body language mirrors that of the person you are attracted to, or you move towards the object of your affection, sometimes even without knowing.