Author Topic: At what moment in BBM did you realize that they were falling in love?  (Read 40801 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: At what moment in BBM did you realize that they were falling in love?
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2008, 03:18:22 pm »
Merci optom!

Like you say, that could be so: not attraction! But that could be too in order to avoid the lost of money the movie would NOT make if these two named-already-as-straight actors would japodize it!

Could that be so?

Au revoir, hugs!

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2008, 06:44:00 pm »
The scene where Ennis says that the most he'd spoken in a year and so;they're communicating, getting to know eachother.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:00 pm »
You can pose it, but I don't think it happened.If you look at their body language when they are interviewed together, they tend to cross their arms, or angle away from each other, or move legs away.The complete opposite of where a real attraction exists, where body language mirrors that of the person you are attracted to, or you move towards the object of your affection, sometimes even without knowing.

Au contraire, I think that kind of body language speaks of a great deal of attraction...if you want an example of this in the movie, just look at the first scene where Ennis lowers his head and hides behind his cowboy hat; where not a damn word is spoken!! Another example was made famous in The Virginian where the title character meets the schoolmarm/love interest. They ignored and avoided each other the whole evening of the dance. My pet name for this behavior is The Wyoming Greeting, LOL!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2008, 09:34:57 pm »
Front-Ranger, I love that scene that you quote:

... I think that kind of body language speaks of a great deal of attraction...if you want an example of this in the movie, just look at the first scene where Ennis lowers his head and hides behind his cowboy hat;             

Front-Ranger and others:
And there must be such others in this BM movie?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2008, 09:36:49 pm »
Merci, thanks Gabreya !

May I ask if non-speaking is also a way to communicate between the two ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2008, 09:53:29 pm »
Guest, since I saw that you were posting, and if you want to post, you have to be a member in order to post, I am told.

Bienvenue, that's welcome ! If you have any trouble, you can find my private email address on this site, and so emailing me with the title TROUBLE would help !

What do you think  too  ?    Any clue to add ?

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2008, 11:08:21 pm »
Au contraire, I think that kind of body language speaks of a great deal of attraction...if you want an example of this in the movie, just look at the first scene where Ennis lowers his head and hides behind his cowboy hat; where not a damn word is spoken!! Another example was made famous in The Virginian where the title character meets the schoolmarm/love interest. They ignored and avoided each other the whole evening of the dance. My pet name for this behavior is The Wyoming Greeting, LOL!

I meant away from the movie, I did not see any attraction for each other outside the paramaters of the film'I saw evidence of friendshipand camaraderie, but that was all. In the movie as actors there were lots of signs of attraction, from an early satge.Maybe Iamconfusing the issue.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2008, 12:04:48 am »
I meant away from the movie, I did not see any attraction for each other outside the paramaters of the film'I saw evidence of friendshipand camaraderie, but that was all. In the movie as actors there were lots of signs of attraction, from an early satge.Maybe Iamconfusing the issue.

I agree, outside the film, I saw only evidence of professional respect and comaraderie. But, as professional actors, both Gyllenhaal and Ledger carried off on-screen the mutual attraction that the Ennis and Jack characters felt for each other.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2008, 09:02:20 pm »
Merci brokeplex,
as you say:
        I agree, outside the film, I saw only evidence of professional respect and comaraderie.               

Brokeplex:
And maybe more, since no word since Heath's passing?

Maybe?

Au revoir,
hugs!