Author Topic: Randall really is...  (Read 17953 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Randall really is...
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 10:34:47 am »
Jeff Wrangler, you just dance on over to the Heath Heath Heath thread, scroll through those hundreds of images and try to tell me that Heath Ledger is not the epitome of hotness? I don't think it can humanly be done.

L

Maybe if he dyes his hair, Honey.  ;D

Never said he wasn't attractive, but for hotness, I need dark hair. (I parse my definitions very fine.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2006, 11:00:59 am »
I've slowly come to realize that for me, hot is connected with dark hair.

Actually, I usually feel that way, too. But I am willing to make an exception for anyone who is preternaturally hot. Such as ... well, you know.

(This is where I would insert one of those breathtaking images  :-* from the Heath Heath Heath thread if I knew how to do that.)
Above edited, as per Leslie's photo-pasting instructions.

Back to more serious matters. Elle, I think I agree with your assessment of Jimbo's sexuality. Jack must have had something more to go on than a white hat and shirt. He wasn't that bold with Ennis, after all. And you're right, Jimbo does stay just within the limits of courtesy, at least while talking to Jack. Still, I can't feel much fondness for
him

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:37:51 am by latjoreme »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2006, 11:06:30 am »

(This is where I would insert one of those breathtaking images  :-* from the Heath Heath Heath thread if I knew how to do that.)

Right click, choose "copy image location," head on over here, click Ctrl-C to paste. You may have to highlight and click the IMAGE icon up above. Or just put [img ] at and the beginning and [/img ] at the end (without the spaces).
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2006, 11:34:58 am »
Thank you, thank you, Leslie! Man, will THAT be a valuable skill to have.

(I would have posted it sooner, but of course I just had to go through all 19 pages of Heath Heath Heath ... and then it was hard to narrow down ... but most of them are of Heath in real life, and ultimately I decided that in the context of this thread it was appropriate to pick an Ennis image rather than a Heath image ... and even then there was a bounty to choose from!)

Anyway. Back to discussions of relatively UNattractive men.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:38:36 am by latjoreme »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2006, 12:01:40 pm »

Anyway. Back to discussions of relatively UNattractive men.

So I go to google, type in "unattractive men" and select images and THIS is what I come up with??? Jeez, we may have to make this NC17! LOL

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:21 pm »
Dammit Leslie!    That was going to be my costume this year at the BBM Halloween party.   

Geez!  now I gotta think of something else!
   ::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 12:28:02 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2006, 12:26:36 pm »
Dammit Leslie!    That was going to be costume this year at the BBM Halloween party.   

Geez!  now I gotta think of something else!
   ::)

I got something for ya, David, honey...

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2006, 12:29:18 pm »
Ok,  now your just making me scared!   :P

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2006, 01:08:32 pm »
Ok,  now your just making me scared!   :P

the caption on that picture was....? any guesses, David?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2006, 12:06:44 am »
My initial knee-jerk reaction was No, Jimbo is not gay, but then came the thought that something must have made Jack think Jimbo might have been receptive. Nowadays we'd call that gaydar, and presumably Jack's isn't very well developed.

I've wondered about Jack's decision to approach Jimbo too.  On the contrary, I think Jack's gaydar must be really good... I mean if for no other reason than he figured Ennis Del Mar out!  Also, the whole Randall situation was figured-out and handled in a few bats of his eyelashes across a dinner table.  I think it's certainly possible that Jimbo is a super-closeted gay guy (and Jack had some clue about this through watching him in other contexts at the rodeo) who's terrified by his surroundings.  I think there's a split second in the exchange of glances between Jack and Jimbo that might (and I do mean might) indicate that Jimbo is repressing a little bit of interest... But, I absolutely agree with this:

when he goes over the to pool table, he says something that gets the other guys to look at Jack in that mean way, and that just leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the guy.

Something about Jack's boldness in approaching Jimbo makes me love Jack even more.  He just can't help being himself.  He won't let the pressures of that bar/ environment hinder him in doing what is absolutely natural.  His sense of recklessness is wonderful to me (if only I could be that brave), but of course in a bar like that it sadly can also be seen as scary and dangerous. 

How would Ennis have reacted in a bar situation like that?  Would he have behaved in a similar fashion to Jimbo if a guy (let's leave Jack out of this scenario for now) came up and started flirting with him in a fairly open way?  If Jimbo is a closeted guy to the same extent or more as Ennis, can we imagine that their reactions would be more or less similar?  Would Ennis have been more obviously intrigued than Jimbo?  If Cassie had been a guy and had come onto Ennis (even with a fraction of the boldness that Cassie exhibits), what would Ennis have done?
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie