Author Topic: Chris' Movie Questions: My MYSTIC RIVER Review  (Read 41766 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Chris' Movie Questions: The Sixth Sense
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2006, 10:38:13 pm »
I didn't like The Village either. The Sixth Sense is MUCH better. Go watch it Chris!

And I probably won't see The Lady in the Water. Doesn't really look like I'd like it.

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Chris' Movie Questions: My THE SIXTH SENSE Review
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2006, 11:54:24 pm »
Ok I just got done watching The Sixth Sense...loved it!  But Bruce Willis Schmillis...Haley Joel Osment stole that show by a land slide...not quite as scary as I thought it would be...but still good!  More thrilling then scary...

I also wish I didn't already know about the ending with Bruce Willis being a ghost and all....damn 50 First Dates...anyways...thanks everyone...

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2006, 02:10:10 pm »
Ok there is one thing that I'm a little confused on...what happened to the kid?  Did he just learn to befriend the ghosts or what?  They didn't really say a whole lot on that matter...either that or I didn't pay attention...

vkm91941

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2006, 02:41:28 pm »
Ok there is one thing that I'm a little confused on...what happened to the kid?  Did he just learn to befriend the ghosts or what?  They didn't really say a whole lot on that matter...either that or I didn't pay attention...

My take was that the Child Psychiatrist, Bruce Willis, helped him understand the ghosts, that they were just people who needed him to hear and maybe help them have closure on their lives.  So in the end I guess yeah you could say he learned to befriend them after being terrified for so long or least to understand them and how special his gift was.  That make sense.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2006, 02:45:48 pm »
My take was that the Child Psychiatrist, Bruce Willis, helped him understand the ghosts, that they were just people who needed him to hear and maybe help them have closure on their lives.  So in the end I guess yeah you could say he learned to befriend them after being terrified for so long or least to understand them and how special his gift was.  That make sense.

Yep...makes perfect sense...thanks!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2006, 07:13:49 pm »

See? This is why I had to watch it a second time. It was confusing.  ???

Watch it again Chris, and everything will get straightened out for you.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2006, 08:00:08 pm »
y'all are making me want to watch it again... that and the Princess Diaries... am I allowed to ask about movies on your thread Chris? What are your opinions on the Princess Diaries movies?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2006, 08:04:24 pm »
y'all are making me want to watch it again... that and the Princess Diaries... am I allowed to ask about movies on your thread Chris? What are your opinions on the Princess Diaries movies?

Of course and Princess Diaries...not my kinda movie I suppose...

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2006, 08:36:25 pm »
LOL didn't think it would be, oh well I rented it anyway... that and Mean Girls? How is that one? I'm not really sure why I rented it, I don't like Lindsay Lohan at all, but a friend of mine keeps telling me to watch it and I finally gave in
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »
I liked the Princess Diaries, but I've always liked movies like that. I'm such a girl.

Mean Girls is ok. I don't like Lindsay Lohan either, but I guess the movie as a whole isn't that bad. It has its moments.