Author Topic: Chris' Movie Questions: My MYSTIC RIVER Review  (Read 41342 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: OT: Gandhi (film)
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 01:54:12 pm »
 :) Chris - that is such a difficult choice to make - both are excellent, absolutely wonderful movies and everything and everybody
 connected with them is so deserving of awards - if I was an Academy member, I would have been so torn on which was the better -
but that said, I am leaning towards Ghandi only because it was about a real person who really made a difference, not only in his own country but in the rest of the world as well.......... ;)
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: OT: Gandhi (film)
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 05:13:23 pm »
:) Chris - that is such a difficult choice to make - both are excellent, absolutely wonderful movies and everything and everybody
 connected with them is so deserving of awards - if I was an Academy member, I would have been so torn on which was the better -
but that said, I am leaning towards Ghandi only because it was about a real person who really made a difference, not only in his own country but in the rest of the world as well.......... ;)

Ditto, Judy.  Tough choice indeed.  As much as I love ET, I will go with Ghandi as well.  He demonstrated how one person’s perseverance can change the history.  I don’t have a lot of respect for political figures, but Ghandi is on top of the short list of politicians (if we can even call him a politician) that I respects immensely.  I know I am biased here.  :)

slayers_creek_oth

OT: Ghost (film)
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 10:07:07 pm »
This is one that I never saw....good?

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: OT: Ghost (film)
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2006, 10:14:02 pm »
Yes, very romantic.  Demi Moore was at her prime time during that time.  You didn't see it?  You must be a child at that time. :)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 10:18:08 pm »
Yes, very romantic.  Demi Moore was at her prime time during that time.  You didn't see it?  You must be a child at that time. :)

Yep I was like 8 or 9 when it came out...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 10:43:11 pm »
I love that movie. You never saw "Ghost" Chris?

You better have your kleenex ready though. It is a real tear jerker.
 :'(

I thought so anyway. It's a beautiful movie.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 11:22:23 pm »
I LOVE Ghost! It was a favorite of mine in middle school... I was also young when it came out.  Also, great use of the song Unchained Melodies!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

vkm91941

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2006, 12:49:07 am »
Very good, Patric Swazye was still good looking and Whoopie is a gas  :laugh:

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2006, 01:46:51 am »
I love that movie. You never saw "Ghost" Chris?

You better have your kleenex ready though. It is a real tear jerker.
 :'(

I thought so anyway. It's a beautiful movie.

That's what my brother said...but I can never trust him...he cried during Jerry MaGuire...LOL

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2006, 01:47:03 am »
Thanks everyone...