Author Topic: Chris' Movie Questions: My MYSTIC RIVER Review  (Read 41816 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: OT: Ghost (film)
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2006, 04:56:09 am »
Thanks everyone...

This one was like Titanic in that it was in the theater for months and months and everyone was surprised at just what a hit it became. Everyone is great. Whoopi Goldberg is hysterical, Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze look terrific, and the bad guy makes you want to hiss and boo. The guy who plays the ghost in the subway died not that long ago.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2006, 05:28:33 pm »
This one was like Titanic in that it was in the theater for months and months and everyone was surprised at just what a hit it became. Everyone is great. Whoopi Goldberg is hysterical, Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze look terrific, and the bad guy makes you want to hiss and boo. The guy who plays the ghost in the subway died not that long ago.

I thought the bad guy was VERY cute. Really, REALLY cute.

Can't remember his name though. ???

He sure was hot though.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2006, 05:47:19 pm »
FYI,

The hot bad guy was Tony Goldwyn: very hot and very evil!

Great movie, really holds up over time.  Whoopi provides wonderful comic relief.

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Chris' Movie Questions: The Color Purple
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2006, 01:03:27 am »
Ok I merged all my threads asking about movies into one....so I'm just gonna change the subject everytime I have a question and bump it to the top...

Ok so my next movie is The Color Purple....Steven Spielberg....1985....one of the few that goes in with a leading number of Oscar noms and leaves with zip....good?

vkm91941

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2006, 01:20:33 am »
Yes, excellent film, outstanding cast, good well told story.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2006, 03:57:00 am »
Ok I merged all my threads asking about movies into one....so I'm just gonna change the subject everytime I have a question and bump it to the top...

Ok so my next movie is The Color Purple....Steven Spielberg....1985....one of the few that goes in with a leading number of Oscar noms and leaves with zip....good?

Oh. The Color Purple. Another tear jerker. Oprah Winfrey, Danny Glover, Adolph Caesar, Margaret Avery, Rae Dawn Chong and Whoopi Goldberg were ALL wonderful in it!

But, seriously this time Chris, have your tissues ready.... for real! :'(

It is an absolutely beautiful movie... inspiring, sad, tragic, and full of love and hope. It is  a movie that encompasses all the human emotions and it is all neatly packaged into a beautiful, heart crushing 2 1/2 hour movie.

Just prepare to cry a lot!  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2006, 10:31:45 am »
Excellent movie, I re-watched it not that long ago. I suggest you read the book, too. The book is all letters. It is interesting to see how they adapted it to film.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2006, 02:52:08 pm »
Thanks everyone...

You're welcome Chris.

By the way,  if you want to see "Ghost", they are showing it today (Saturday July 8th) on CMT at 5 pm Eastern/4 pm Central. :)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2006, 05:10:07 pm »
Cool thanks everyone....

Next:  The English Patient....is it as boring as people say it is...

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Chris' Movie Questions: The English Patient
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2006, 05:44:44 pm »
I've never seen it Chris, but every time I think of renting it, I think of a particular Seinfeld episode then put it right back on the shelf...  ;)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73