Author Topic: Chris' Movie Questions: My MYSTIC RIVER Review  (Read 41850 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Chris' Movie Questions: As Good as it Gets
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2006, 06:50:03 am »
I loved that little dog too.

Everyone did! My favourite bit was when Jack Nicholson was avoiding stepping on the cracks in the pavement, so Verdel did the same! So sweet!

Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Chris' Movie Questions: Seven
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2006, 01:17:32 pm »
Ok thanks everyone...

Ok next....Seven aka Se7en....Gwyneth Paltrow, Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman....David Fincher directs..

vkm91941

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2006, 01:21:01 pm »
Seven.  Incredibly Intense film.  VERY graphically violent almost gratutiously so.  Morgan Freeman is his usual wonderful self, a very young Brad Pitt and Gwyneth Paltrow are believable, Kevin Spacey is scarier than Sir Anthony as Hanibal Lecter.  Major twist at the end that I did not see coming. Sparsely filmed, almost noir quality.  Moody, brooding, dark

Not a film for those with a weak heart or stomach.  Almost too much for me.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:27:07 pm by vkm91941 »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2006, 01:23:15 pm »
Kevin Spacey is scarier than Sir Anthony as Hanibal Lecter.  

Really?  Wow...

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2006, 01:40:11 pm »
I wonder if Zodiac is going to be the same...also a David Fincher Film...

The Silence of the Lambs was a very gritty, dark, moody and at times gratuitous film but to me it had a certain level of nobility to it...if that makes sense..

It was horror at its finest but was also very artistic and VERY well made.  To me it was a noble, powerful and almost beautiful film...ya know? 

Ok so you can commit to the psych ward now...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:05:23 pm by cHrIs_sLaYeRs »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2006, 04:21:47 pm »
Chris -

I love Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman, but I didn't like Se7en.

It is a deeply distrubing movie and very disgusting.  :P

Many people liked this movie... I wasn't one of them.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2006, 04:34:52 pm »
 :) I saw Se7en and then almost immediately after that, The Usual Suspects - needless to say Kevin Spacey was awesome in both!  and both had surprise endings which just blew me away(especially The Usual Suspects) - I am a big fan of suspense/thriller movies and both of these were incredible - dare I say the suspense was almost palpable - Se7en is much darker and intense, but the Usual Suspects was so clever and and almost lighthearted that although you never asked about it, I felt compelled to include it with my commentary on Se7en since they both have Spacey in them - can't go wrong with either of them......................
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2006, 04:47:24 pm »
I like Seven a lot, I agree with Vic's statement one hundred percent (though, the gore wasn't too much for me).  Kevin Spacey's performance is chilling.

From what I hear of Zodiac, Chris, it's supposed to be very different from both Seven (despite the serial killer theme) and Fight Club.  They say this film is a different move for Fincher all together...

I wanted to echo Judy's recommendation though, The Usual Suspects is a very good movie, you should see it if you haven't.  Kevin Spacey is brilliant and I don't know anyone who wasn't thrown for a loop (in a good way) by the ending.  This is one of my all time favorite movies  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

moremojo

Re: Chris' Movie Questions: The Color Purple
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2006, 04:49:31 pm »
Ok I merged all my threads asking about movies into one....so I'm just gonna change the subject everytime I have a question and bump it to the top...

Ok so my next movie is The Color Purple....Steven Spielberg....1985....one of the few that goes in with a leading number of Oscar noms and leaves with zip....good?
I have to honestly report that I think The Color Purple is a bad film. It is bad in that director Steven Spielberg's excessive sentimentality betrays the seriousness of the subject matter. The film also sugar-coats the story's element of lesbianism, and elides it in an attempt to pander to the audience's assumed middlebrow tastes. Spielberg's technical expertise and a solid, talented cast fail to counterbalance the overly sentimental treatment of what remains, at its heart, a powerful story.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:21:30 pm by moremojo »

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Chris' Movie Questions: The Sixth Sense
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2006, 05:58:03 pm »
Thanks everyone...

Ok you wanna hear something really strange...I never saw The Sixth Sense...at least not all the way through...