Author Topic: Poll: About Our Users  (Read 12654 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Poll: About Our Users
« on: February 11, 2006, 07:54:23 pm »
An anonymous poll about the users of BetterMost.

You need to register with the site in order to participate.  Register link is on the top left portion of your screen.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 01:26:10 pm by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Poll: About Our Users
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:48:09 pm »
Just curious: 3 besides myslef indicate they're over 60--anyone but me 70? (he he, old ladies with juice...click to enlarge
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:01:38 am »
I am 43. And I suppose Ennis is just a little too young for me.

But if you factor the time/year Brokeback Mountain took place, he really  wouldn't be too young.

Ennis would be  about 62 now? I bet he would still be cute! :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Giancarlo

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 04:11:26 am »
I'm turning 21 in about a week..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 04:13:09 am »
I'm turning 21 in about a week..

I know! I saw that Giancarlo!  Happy Birthday to you!

Try not to drink too much! ;)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:07:48 pm »
Just curious: 3 besides myslef indicate they're over 60--anyone but me 70? (he he, old ladies with juice...click to enlarge

Julie,

I just noticed your post.  I've met a couple of women here who I believe are in their 70's - kick-ass insightful and beautiful people.  However, I checked their profiles and because their ages were not listed, it's not for me to 'out' them  ;)

Maybe bumping this will give them a nudge to get in touch with you?

Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 09:48:05 pm »

Ennis would be  about 62 now? I bet he would still be cute! :)
You bet he would! Ennis is beautiful throughout the movie, and I love that playful little hunched-over glance he gives as Alma Jr. drives up to his trailer at the end. There's still such life and spirit in that cowboy, which is why it breaks my heart to imagine him going through the remainder of his life alone. :'(

I'm thirty-nine, by the way (the same age Jack was when he died); I participated in the poll some time ago, but never posted a verbal reply until now.

Scott

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 10:27:06 pm »
You bet he would! Ennis is beautiful throughout the movie, and I love that playful little hunched-over glance he gives as Alma Jr. drives up to his trailer at the end. There's still such life and spirit in that cowboy, which is why it breaks my heart to imagine him going through the remainder of his life alone. :'(

I'm thirty-nine, by the way (the same age Jack was when he died); I participated in the poll some time ago, but never posted a verbal reply until now.

Scott

Scott... don't you just love those eyes? Ennis may get older (don't we all?) but he will always look good, and those eyes will always be beautful. :)

gattaca

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 10:44:13 pm »
Yes, Ennis would be about 62 now - I certainly don't have any age hangups (hell, I'm 50) and I bet Ennis would look just fine at 62. I can't imagine him being alone for the rest of his life either - what a crime that would be. I'd like to try and heal some of the pain we see in his eyes.
 ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 12:22:48 am »
Yes, Ennis would be about 62 now - I certainly don't have any age hangups (hell, I'm 50) and I bet Ennis would look just fine at 62. I can't imagine him being alone for the rest of his life either - what a crime that would be. I'd like to try and heal some of the pain we see in his eyes.
 ;)

Gregg - Those eyes of his break my heart every time. They do look like they are full of pain. I always hoped Ennis at least found some friends who could accept him for who he was. I'm like you though.... I hate to think of Ennis all alone. It is so sad! :'(