Author Topic: Ain't no reins on this one (was BBM BBM BBM BBM)  (Read 9655 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Ain't no reins on this one (was BBM BBM BBM BBM)
« on: June 22, 2006, 11:07:18 pm »
I'm back at deep BBM obsession level again.  All I want to do is think, read, post, talk BBM.  I've been dreaming about it again, and waking up and going to sleep to it.  And that's without watching the movie.  Who needs the movie at this point?  It's in the DVR of my brain. 

And my serendipitous circumstances are conspiring to keep me here:  In literally the last 10 minutes, on my way to the Internet Cafe I'm at now, I saw the following:

- A Saab AERO, which reminded me of AnglessFest in Santa Monica.

- A sign saying, "Welcome Classic Car Club Enthusiasts," which reminded me of DavidinHartford.

- A Taco del Mar restaurant.

- And a poster that says "BURNING WORD," which reminded me of TheStudDuck!

Thanks for listening.

Clarissa
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 01:10:51 am by Elle-Effen'-Meno »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: BBM BBM BBM BBM BBM BBM
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:18:09 pm »
Thanks for listening.
Clarissa

Tell you what, we're here for you, Clarissa, Honey!  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

vkm91941

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:26:57 pm »
Honey, if it's any consolation I know E*X*A*C*T*L*Y how ya feel.  :-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 11:32:37 pm »
I got two Honeys in a row!  I like that.  I guess all that stickiness is keeping me around. :)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 11:36:47 pm »
I too love your addiction Honey!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 11:45:16 pm »
It's in the DVR of my brain. 

:laugh:

Me too I think, but my mind keeps adding stuff too.  And it seems it's never enough, never enough... 

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 12:24:25 am »
Good to know that, long ago as you saw it, it never goes away. Hell, what am I saying? Victoria's nearing her one-year anniversary, and she's still here!

(*On the other hand, she asks herself, is it really THAT good to know that the obsession never really goes away? Don't I eventually have to get some work done? I have written like two pages since January. I mean pages that I actually get paid for, as opposed to the reams I've posted here. I've made like $12 in the past five months. When I get assignments, I practically consider turning them down BECAUSE I KNOW I WON'T HAVE TIME. Someday, someday, I must be free of this or I will be living on the streets! Damn you, Ang Lee, damn you!)

Ahem. Sorry. It's my inner Ennis acting up again.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:32:08 am »
If BBM obsession isn't normal, good or right... then I don't want to be normal, good or right.  Seriously.  This is way too much fun.
 :-\ :)

I'm telling you, I said I was going to go catch 40 winks about half an hour ago, but here I am.  Still.  Sometimes you just can't get enough of BBM or BetterMost. 

Clarissa, I understand about the obsession going in waves... of sorts.  It never goes away, but sometimes it makes itself known in a mighty powerful way.  And sometimes I'm more obsessed with the movie and sometimes more obsessed with the board.  My favorite moments of conflict come when I can't decide whether I should log off to go watch the movie... or vice versa, whether I should turn the movie off to come post here.  I've definitely paused the movie to come running to the computer to post a new thought. 
 ::) :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 12:39:37 am »
If BBM obsession isn't normal, good or right... then I don't want to be normal, good or right.  Seriously.  This is way too much fun.
 :-\ :)

I'm telling you, I said I was going to go catch 40 winks about half an hour ago, but here I am.  Still.  Sometimes you just can't get enough of BBM or BetterMost. 

Clarissa, I understand about the obsession going in waves... of sorts.  It never goes away, but sometimes it makes itself known in a mighty powerful way.  And sometimes I'm more obsessed with the movie and sometimes more obsessed with the board.  My favorite moments of conflict come when I can't decide whether I should log off to go watch the movie... or vice versa, whether I should turn the movie off to come post here.  I've definitely paused the movie to come running to the computer to post a new thought. 
 ::) :D

Love this post Amanda, and many thank yous and empathetic nods to Elle too. I feel strangely the same way for the past week or two. Maybe it was going ahead with the Pride booth that did it (or else all that time ahorseback  ;)) but I, too, am thinking more about BBM again, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

For a few months I needed to have something of a break, just from my exhaustion of three months of no sleep, and things in my life that were finally bugging me enough to distract me from this community and the movie. I guess it happened right after it left theaters (and I still haven't watched my DVD yet!). But now, here I am, posting late and stealing lots of time at work to check and post on the performance thread. May we ride it long and hard. BBM forever, yeehaw.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 01:09:39 am »
I think I'll change the heading of the thread....