Author Topic: Ain't no reins on this one (was BBM BBM BBM BBM)  (Read 9726 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Ain't no reins on this one (was BBM BBM BBM BBM)
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 05:34:43 pm »
LOL.  I fall into this club too.   :laugh:

Wish I could say the same.  My better half does a lot of helpful things around the house, but writing bills and going grocery shopping ain't two of them.   :P
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 06:34:24 pm »
Wish I could say the same.  My better half does a lot of helpful things around the house, but writing bills and going grocery shopping ain't two of them.   :P

(Barb, I think that means that you ARE in the same club.)

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2006, 07:11:33 pm »
It's everywhere! You can't do anything about it, even if you wanted to!

Today I was home early. Early enough to turn on the TV and wathc a 'Joey' episode. After 'Friends' ended, I tried 'Joey', but only saw the first three episodes and then forgot about it. But today at home I was bored and watched tv and this 'Joey' episode came up. And guess what? It's the episode where 'Joey' reads a book! Yes! And guess what book? Yes! Brokeback Mountain. Isn't this odo? There I stopped watching 'Joey' for months and just by chance today I get to watch it again.. blah blah.. anyway, 'Joey' loved the cowboy story, but was surprised at all the typos...  'He put his head on his HER chest'!...

And I do pay my bills! I do i do I do...

I also have a purring cat sitting on my right hand and it's kind of hard to get to the smilies .. can't reach the mouse.. *stretch*.. trying with my left hand..

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 08:35:40 pm »
I don't need to watch it anymore, either.  I just want to.  ;)

Yup!  I have the movie memorized by now anyways... but I can't stand watching much else.  Other movies still annoy me. I always find myself thinking... this isn't as good as BBM... why am I not watching BBM?... I could be using this valuable leisure time watching BBM rather than *insert name of random movie*.  Or, I could be using said-leisure time hanging out on BetterMost.  Either way, the obsession rears its head.

:-\ 8)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 07:28:13 am »
Yup!  I have the movie memorized by now anyways... but I can't stand watching much else.  Other movies still annoy me. I always find myself thinking... this isn't as good as BBM... why am I not watching BBM?... I could be using this valuable leisure time watching BBM rather than *insert name of random movie*.  Or, I could be using said-leisure time hanging out on BetterMost.  Either way, the obsession rears its head.

:-\ 8)

I actually got dragged to the movies yesterday to see "Prairie Home Companion." The best part? It is partially produced by River Road Entertainment so you see that same scene with the car driving down the curvy road that comes at the beginning of BBM. In fact, I almost wished that BBM would start. But no....

As for PHC. It is uneven. There are some very funny lines and I think Lily Tomlin is great. It has two cowboys (Dusty and Lefty) and their song near the end had me laughing out loud. But through big chunks of it in the middle, I could barely keep my eyes open.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2006, 08:07:13 am »
went to see "Brick" the other day--kept faklling asleep. Then I went next door to mel's Diner and wrote for 3 hours...not sleepy anymoire...

Spent all evening comparing my fullscreen DVD with Sid Melucci's widescreen. "Why arent' we bored with this yet?" I asked. "Haven't the foggiest idea," he said. Fullscreen wins...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2006, 08:09:40 am »
(Barb, I think that means that you ARE in the same club.)

Not exactly, 'cause I actually do the grocery shopping - 2 or 3 times a week, even - and pay all the farging bills.  Not to mention cook all the meals for all of us.  If I didn't, we'd be starving and out in the street, because all of these things seem to be completely foreign to the man of the house.  I'd probably have to direct him to the grocery store if I was ever pinned under a rock and couldn't physically do it myself.

Not that I'm complaining or anything.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:13:02 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2006, 08:27:35 am »
I am no longer allowed to do docent tours till Dec. 21, cause i missed 3 (I actually missed 10, but they don't count very well). I can still do architedture. Anyone else get demoted, even temporarily, or are you really all keeping your work together likke you should?
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2006, 05:44:37 pm »
So I performed an experiment yesterday.  I treated myself to a double feature...  Lee's the Wedding Banquet followed immediately by BBM.  And, all I can say is ... wow, has Lee "grown" as a director!  There are some really nice moments in the Wedding Banquet, but in terms of subtlty, emotional connection to the characters, etc., the two films are like night and day.  Granted they are meant to be very different... a lot more humor in Banquet... but still BBM just blows it away.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 11:49:05 am »
I actually got dragged to the movies yesterday to see "Prairie Home Companion." The best part? It is partially produced by River Road Entertainment so you see that same scene with the car driving down the curvy road that comes at the beginning of BBM. In fact, I almost wished that BBM would start. But no....

That was my experience with it too, Leslie.  I felt such a sense of wellbeing yet yearning flood over me when I saw and heard the RiverRoad logo come on at the beginning of Prairie Home Companion.