Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3088964 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2006, 11:44:32 am »
Beagle..  He'll be balding, much heavier and still a jerk.   Still married, but a womanizer.   He'll also expect Ellery to "put out" for him when he mentions coming over for a visit.   

Ellery should politely tell him no thanks, kiss Ennis in front of him, then walk away.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2006, 11:46:04 am »
Beagle..  He'll be balding, much heavier and still a jerk.   Still married, but a womanizer.   He'll also expect Ellery to "put out" for him when he mentions coming over for a visit.   

Ellery should politely tell him no thanks, kiss Ennis in front of him, then walk away.

Go read the latest chapter, David, he says he's divorced....
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2006, 12:07:22 pm »

he would definitely be heavier, but I see him sort of as a "getting bigger" husky guy.  Never good to weigh the odds too heavily against yesteryear's jerk.  hehe

The idea of "stretching out Eddie Van Halen" might give me nightmares tonight...!!!!

What do you guys think of a slightly cleaned up Jeff Bridges a la "Big Lebowski" ?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:22:52 pm by louisev »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2006, 12:12:48 pm »
This is the one I like of the three!

Jeanine

So do I.  But it shouldn't be on a corner, and has to have more privacy and be set on a laarger lot.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2006, 12:22:13 pm »
Wowowow! 
Welcome to all the new Bettermost members!!
It's a pleasure to have you here with us!!

I am glad that we haven't completely discarded the 'old Ellery', even if he is too young-looking and too pretty!  ;)
I'll try and start getting used to the new Ellery ...  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2006, 12:25:16 pm »
well to be quite frank, I think you guys can have whatever house, character actor you like even if they are different!  As long as you don't change the El Camino!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »
Let's hire an architect from the university.  Plan on one bedroom, one bath, a carport, a large spacious patio entering from the bedroom and from the kitchen, with a brick veneer front and shingles on the sides and in the back, and four windows facing the street.  About a 1,000 square feet should do it.

Beagle has to be attractive.  He is only around 38, a lawyer, and he keeps himself in good shape. He poses a threat to E&Es relationship.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2006, 12:32:50 pm »
he isn't a lawyer actually.  His father is.  He is (though I haven't written this part yet) an insurance adjuster.

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2006, 12:33:54 pm »
Hey,  I too was directed here by our Louise.  Doing a great job.  Much better that anything thats on TV.  

Best
gn411

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2006, 12:34:42 pm »
Lucise, the picture of the new Ellery is great!  Now I can see how Ennis is settling into his new relationship without forgetting Jack.  The new Ellery looks like he can handle it!