Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3092174 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2006, 02:02:34 pm »
Update to "A Second Chance"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/60306.html  "Chapter 39:  Needing It"

This is what I call a stunt chapter.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2006, 02:06:18 pm »
Ha ha, when you left Friday, Jenny, this thread didn't exist. We were talking about E&E on the 1000+ posts thread and I decided it was a topic that warranted its own discussion. Obviously I was right.

You are right, Leslie.  I think I actually checked the thread Saturday early morning before I left for the weekend trip, when I was supposed to finish packing.   ::)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2006, 02:19:41 pm »
*blush!*  hi JennyC!  Feel free to join the party.

HAHA, it’s me who should do the blushing here.  Some people here know that I normally stay clear discussion of explicit [cough] scenes.  But I should say that I have been gradually corrupted by the collective “raunchiness” of our genius members here.  If I don’t provide comments for some chapters, please know that I am busy blushing ;).

If I may Louise, I would like to make a little plea here.  Can you write some more scenes there Ellery really kicks some a** around, whether in the court, in the office, or in the bar?  His language (ok, it’s really yours) is so humorous and colorful.  I really get a kick out of his sarcasm.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #153 on: June 26, 2006, 02:22:05 pm »
oh I see!  So you're a blusher.  You might want to reserve a  :o icon for the chapter I just wrote them, it's a doozy.

Yeah I like Ellery's explosive temper too.  There will be opportunities for him to explode, don't worry.  He still has Amos, Bill, Justin the murderer, and of course his favorite target - Wayne, to blow up at!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #154 on: June 26, 2006, 02:24:39 pm »
  There will be opportunities for him to explode, don't worry. 

I think Ellery is exploding very fine right now thank you ... ;D
Ok...one-track dirty mind talking..never mind me.. :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2006, 02:27:35 pm »
HAHA, it’s me who should do the blushing here.  Some people here know that I normally stay clear discussion of explicit [cough] scenes.  But I should say that I have been gradually corrupted by the collective “raunchiness” of our genius members here.  If I don’t provide comments for some chapters, please know that I am busy blushing ;).

Ha, ha...back in the day, sweet Jenny was telling people to skip chapter 2 of my story (when all they really needed to skip was the first 2 paragraphs!). Now she has been corrupted by our collective raunchiness...is this a good thing? Oh well, get ready to hold onto your boots, Jenny, Chapter 39 is a humdinger!

L
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:35:25 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2006, 02:40:17 pm »
Now she has been corrupted by our collective raunchiness...is this a good thing? Oh well, get ready to hold onto your boots, Jenny, Chapter 39 is a humdinger!

Depending who you ask... ;)

Chapter 39:
 :o

:-X
 :)

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2006, 03:06:27 pm »
Hey everyone --

I just got the notice about this new forum over here.  I've been reading the newly dubbed Laramie Saga since chapter 4 of Taking Chances was posted -- you know that really wasn't all that long ago!  I love the idea of having a place to talk about it more!  Of course, I'm currently quite a few chapters behind, so I's going to go catch up a bit!

Monica

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #158 on: June 26, 2006, 03:08:04 pm »
Hey everyone --

I just got the notice about this new forum over here.  I've been reading the newly dubbed Laramie Saga since chapter 4 of Taking Chances was posted -- you know that really wasn't all that long ago!  I love the idea of having a place to talk about it more!  Of course, I'm currently quite a few chapters behind, so I's going to go catch up a bit!

Monica

Welcome, Monica. Glad to have you here!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #159 on: June 26, 2006, 03:11:25 pm »
OK, what's the deal with getting an avatar?  I set it up in my profile just like it is over at Dave Cullen's forum, but the url just disappears when I click Change Profile...

>:(

EDIT:  Ok, never mind.    *grumbles*
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 03:14:12 pm by LoveEmBoys »