Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3090459 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2006, 07:11:30 am »
it's looking at photos like these that make me want to write another disjointed Jack flashback of rolling around naked on a riverbank you know....

I wonder if this thread could endure little drabbles of that.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2006, 07:19:30 am »
it's looking at photos like these that make me want to write another disjointed Jack flashback of rolling around naked on a riverbank you know....

I wonder if this thread could endure little drabbles of that.

Speaking for the group (and group, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am)...yes, we could.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2006, 08:06:30 am »
Thanks David for the great foto of the two of them.  It's beautiful. Just right.
And Louise a few drabbles would be a good way to show the contrast between Ennis' first love and the blossoming and deepening love with Ellery.  Now that I have a good visualization of Ellery the pain of the loss of Jack is slowly lessening, but I know it will never go away.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2006, 08:11:56 am »
Update to "A Second Chance"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/61012.html  "Chapter 41:  Lies, And More Lies"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2006, 08:12:27 am »
Thanks David for the great foto of the two of them.  It's beautiful. Just right.
And Louise a few drabbles would be a good way to show the contrast between Ennis' first love and the blossoming and deepening love with Ellery.  Now that I have a good visualization of Ellery the pain of the loss of Jack is slowly lessening, but I know it will never go away.

hmmm well now that I sort of have my feet wet in the drabble world I might just do so!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2006, 10:01:10 am »
and I did.
Inspired by that photo of Jack and Ennis, a 250 word drabble.

That warm spot

right beneath his ear. He stroked it with his thumb, feeling the solid, living pulse… did it leap at his touch? It shows, he wants me, that is part a why I want em so bad.  The betrayal of that pulsating spot, the halting of his breath, arrested by Ennis's hand closing over the tight muscles of his upper shoulder.  C’mere, c’mere boy… and he would turn, flashing those mischievous eyes… I know what you want Ennis, they said to him, wordless, his lips curving up slowly into the knowing smile, with a knowledge beyond both of their years.

It made him feel naughty, prickly, horny and breathless.  He kissed it, rising to the challenge, to wipe out the triumph of knowledge in the form of that smirk, it had to go, he had to meet it, to overcome it, and it dragged his body along behind, now beyond temptation, surrendering to a sensuality that lay in the bare inch between their bodies as he pulled him down, indifferent to the dew-laden grass.  “Jesus Ennis you gonna go again?” came the surprised, delighted question.

“You got a problem with that?” his voice, low, demanding the answer both expected as he nuzzled into that pulse once more, throwing a leg over his bucking thighs, mounting him like a rearing horse before its final plunge, subduing it with the power of his body, grasping his hips and putting him right where he belonged, butted up snug against him as he came erect.

“Hell no.”

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2006, 10:11:32 am »
Ennis hasn't changed!  He has only gotten more sophisticated and of course has a nice comfortable bed.  Great Louise.  I wish I could get one of those sex headaches, but I guess I have missed my opportunities along the way.  Fantasy is apoor substitute, but a substitute it is. Please carry on, Louise.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2006, 10:18:33 am »
Scudder,

Is your screen name taken from the Character in the Movie "Maurice"?

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2006, 10:48:32 am »
Scudder,

Is your screen name taken from the Character in the Movie "Maurice"?

You hit the nail on the head, David.  When I was coming to grips with my sexuality, someone recommended the movie, and I read the book.  For some reason, I really like Alec Scudder and I have decided to use his name.

How is the gallery of pictures coming along?  Your pictures and Lucise's have sure been a great help to me.  Ennis and Jack are easily visualized from the movie. The gallery you are developing really helps.  The picture of Gene Autry is right on!

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2006, 10:53:26 am »
How can I print the grabble that Louise just posted?  It seems that I print out something else and I don't want to print all the replies.  Help!