Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3185842 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2330 on: July 30, 2006, 11:20:21 am »
Heated is the operative word here....thanks, Louise.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline CarolK1943

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2331 on: July 30, 2006, 11:40:05 am »
If anyone is interested in learning more about Heath and Michelle's new home, over on the "Heath and Michelle in $2.3 million dollar treehouse" I have posted some news items, descriptions, etc. No pictures, though. I haven't been able to track those down yet.

Leslie

There's a 2-page spread including pix in the current issue of US Weekly - dated July 31, which means the next issue goes on sale on that date (tomorrow).  I have this because I am travelling in NH (the bowels of Hell, according to my 14-year-old granddaughter who is with me).  I will do almost anything to keep her occupied.  The list so far is a DVD player, an mp3 player, a cell phone, half a dozen magazines, 3 new CDs, a digital camera, and many trips to Taco Bell - and it's only been a week!  We have another week to go.  I hope my charge cards survive this trip.

Carol

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2332 on: July 30, 2006, 12:15:22 pm »
Update to "Shelter From the Storm"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/84881.html  "Chapter 37:  Radio Talk"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2333 on: July 30, 2006, 01:43:12 pm »
I'm paying attention, Louise.  The story is really interesting.  I can't wait for the BBQ.  Lauren the head bartender and Simon as a part time bouncer?  I really like Simon, he's so optimistic.  And Dupree's new girl friend.  Maybe Carol?  She was at Ellerey's promotion party, alone I believe.  And Ennis is really becoming a partner with Ellery.  Get those court cases out of the way, so the fun can begin. The AIDS epidemic??

What fun, Louise.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2334 on: July 30, 2006, 03:35:08 pm »
Thanks Scudder.... old Carol isnt exactly the same age category as Dupree though.

Simon is a jeweler, and wouldn't be appropriate to approach for a low paid position as a bouncer!  Jewelers make more!

Guys, it hasnt been a very good day for me, your positive comments and feedback and support would really be welcome to me right now, I am sort of in a dazed state.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2335 on: July 30, 2006, 03:37:23 pm »
Dupree is going to show up with a FEMALE??  :o
Well, colour me surprised.... I was kinda hoping he would be curious, at least...

Also, just saw an add for a new film, called " You, me  & Dupree". Couldn't stop giggling like a schoolgirl... ;D

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2336 on: July 30, 2006, 03:40:17 pm »
Well, Louise, I never would have been able to stand up for myself if it hadn't been for you and this story and this group here.

Not that it had a very good outcome, but I am glad I had the courage to stand up for myself.
Kelly
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2337 on: July 30, 2006, 03:44:31 pm »
{snip}

Guys, it hasnt been a very good day for me, your positive comments and feedback and support would really be welcome to me right now, I am sort of in a dazed state.

Hi Louise. Just saw your post.

I'm new here, but I hope it counts for something when I say you absolutely ROCK.
Your writing skills are amazing, you are prolific beyond belief, ( two chapters daily, at least…) and you keep your loyal fans (of which you have a million) at the edge of their seats, the story always fresh and entertaining…
You are doing an amazing job, and I just hope you enjoy writing this fic half as much as we are enjoying reading it.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2338 on: July 30, 2006, 03:53:53 pm »
I for one am so glad the Dupree has a new girlfriend-Can hardly wait to meet her--NOW make her really great so every one loves her and he can get his!!! YEESSS!!!
I am enthusiastic about this----glad they aren't going camping though, too open, for right now with everything happening and still people on the loose!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2339 on: July 30, 2006, 04:10:23 pm »
Well, I suppose I don't have to mince words anymore.

Today I posted links and announcements concerning the first volume of the Laramie Saga, "Taking Chances" on bbmslash and Wranglers fan communities.  Once I figure out how to do it, I will be making announcements in other places that Bettermost is the official "home" for fan discussion of the Laramie Saga, and to welcome other writers and readers here to the newly revitalized "Fan Fiction" forum.  The advantage for writers is that they get to have their own forum thread, and they get to have a nurturing discussion environment which is not a "Critics Corner" but rather a friendly and open place where they can relate to those who like their stories and want to discuss them with the authors.

I have been deeply favorably impressed by the community here at Bettermost, by the love and dedicated caring of the readers and fans here, and most of all, by the fiercely devoted fans who have spurred me on to continue the Laramie Saga.  Thank you very much, friends, not simply for telling me I'm a good writer, but by relating to and responding to the story I respond to, by moving on and growing in ways that are depicted in the story as a healing saga for all Brokeaholics!