Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3080103 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #320 on: June 27, 2006, 07:12:52 pm »
Hey Louise, not trying to be pushy or anything, but can I hope for chapter 45 to be posted tonight or should I closeup shoa nd wiat fo rthe morning (here in the USA northeast)...

:-*

Meira

gah, I wrote four chapters today... it was all I had in me with all that ANGST.

I have to rest my brain till tomorrow.  Yes, tomorrow morning at some time.  I have a meeting in the (my) afternoon but I will see what I can do.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #321 on: June 27, 2006, 08:32:27 pm »
Just read the last six (!) pages with a big grin on my face. My cheeks hurt. This thread is a hoot! What a great counterpoint to all that angst going on in Ellery's life right now. Keep those pics coming!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #322 on: June 27, 2006, 08:53:46 pm »
Just read the last six (!) pages with a big grin on my face. My cheeks hurt. This thread is a hoot! What a great counterpoint to all that angst going on in Ellery's life right now. Keep those pics coming!

Hey neatfreak...you can join in the fun. Somebody has to find Ellery's flip flops and in the latest chapter, he wears a black tee shirt....

Have at it and great to have you here!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #323 on: June 27, 2006, 09:02:49 pm »
OK, I'm new here but I'm going to jump in anyway and express my never-to-be-humble opinion.  ;)

I don't much care what you think Ellery looks like (well, that's a lie...) but Ennis needs a good looking horse and that would be the buckskin or the dun. The one underneath the buckskin is a boodmare, her foal is behind her. I think the last one is just plain ragged looking. His horses have always been important to Ennis, so give him the best you've got. Nellie looks really good, but I've never cared for horses with stockings so I'll not even comment on Socks.(Sorry to be so pushy. I followed MaineWriter's link to Louise over here from Dave Cullen - as if that's a reason.)

For what it's worth.

Hi Tamarak -- How amusing you and I seem to share our priorities in the human vs equine character casting!

You have great observations!  My reponses regarding the pictures I posted are:
1) Nellie is a part of the high end breeding that Wes has established, and thus would  necessarily be a lot flashier than Ennis' horses.
2) Socks and Pal are both mares, I figure at some point either may have been bred.
3) That said, the sorrel does sort of look a little unkempt, but when I look closely I don't see a neglected horse at all - rather a typical working horse.  Working horses don't usually get groomed for looks, just for function.  Never the less, that photo undeniably was posted in haste as I was trying to find a light sorrel example to post.

I too am partial to buckskins, but my favorite is the Strawberry Roan -- (with the baby)

Monica

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #324 on: June 27, 2006, 09:03:34 pm »
Thanks for the invite, Leslie, but I am clue-free on how to post pics. I am content for now to enjoy all the wonderful stuff others bring to the table. I'll chime in to vote -- if I am here in time. You guys post too fast to keep up! ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #325 on: June 27, 2006, 09:10:05 pm »
Thanks for the invite, Leslie, but I am clue-free on how to post pics. I am content for now to enjoy all the wonderful stuff others bring to the table. I'll chime in to vote -- if I am here in time. You guys post too fast to keep up! ;D

Yes, there was a time that I too, was clue-free...then my adolescent daughter introduced me to photobucket (www.photobucket.com) and life changed as surely as it did after seeing Brokeback Mountain. Suddenly....we can post anything we want....like this....

Give me some good looking Ennis...

Or even Heath in a cowboy hat....sigh....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #326 on: June 27, 2006, 09:20:59 pm »
I am very pleased to do it.  It's an excellent work and well worth promoting.  I am going to try and bring attention to more remarkable threads and topics in the days ahead.  I am a big believer in supporting all-things Brokeback regardless of where they are hosted.

Regarding slow loading pages, I am guessing this is a temporary Internet problem with the ISP involved because I am not encountering any issues right now.  Hopefully it will resolve itself in short order.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #327 on: June 27, 2006, 09:33:01 pm »
Yes, there was a time that I too, was clue-free...then my adolescent daughter introduced me to photobucket (www.photobucket.com) and life changed as surely as it did after seeing Brokeback Mountain. Suddenly....we can post anything we want....like this....

Give me some good looking Ennis...

Or even Heath in a cowboy hat....sigh....

Sorry, Les, but I'm stealing this to use as my avatar while I am Ennis :-*
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #328 on: June 27, 2006, 09:36:19 pm »

Sorry, Les, but I'm stealing this to use as my avatar while I am Ennis :-*

And what a fine Ennis you are Dee!  ;)

Offline Meira

• Don't Say Much
  • tell you what...
« Reply #329 on: June 27, 2006, 09:41:01 pm »
gah, I wrote four chapters today... it was all I had in me with all that ANGST.

I have to rest my brain till tomorrow.  Yes, tomorrow morning at some time.  I have a meeting in the (my) afternoon but I will see what I can do.

OMG!  Really?  I guess I read them so fast and altogether that I didn't realize there were actually 4 in one day.  Didn't mean to be so selfish.  I guess I can ruminate on the last few and reread some favorites while I'm waiting.  After tomorrow I'll only be able to check in periodically for a few weeks, so I guess I'm getting antsy.  Sorry about that.  Get some well deserved rest!

Meira