Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3093396 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #510 on: June 30, 2006, 11:45:03 am »
Lousie - sorry about your computer problems - supremely frustrating...

(why is your face red? sunburn? vs. inappropriate thoughts about Ellery and Ennis midst seminar?)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline caramelle58

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2006, 11:48:19 am »
*THUD* is right. I am like glued to this picture.

If we go with bachelor no. 3 for Ellery, I think I need to point out we have an Australian Ennis and Australian Ellery. What's wrong with the US? We can't grow good looking men?

L

Well my sources say, Jackman is the son of British parents born and raised in Sydney .... so me (beeing a "naturalized" British Citizien) I'm claiming Jackman AKA Ellery for the British Empire  :laugh:

Caramelle

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #512 on: June 30, 2006, 11:54:06 am »
So...have you visited all the movie locations since it was filmed in YOUR BACKYARD?? Damn, I'm jealous!

BBM was shot in like 6 or 7 different places in Alberta and I haven't been to all of them ...
But it feels good to know that I am not very far away, in case it gets urgent ...  ;D

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #513 on: June 30, 2006, 12:24:43 pm »
In reference to Hugh Jackman being of British Heritage: 

God Save the Queen!

Offline LoveEmBoys

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #514 on: June 30, 2006, 12:52:57 pm »
**repeatedly raises eyebrows**

ROFLMAO notBastet.  touche.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #515 on: June 30, 2006, 01:46:08 pm »
As we all sit here, waiting for the next chapter, re-reading old chapters, picturing Ennis and Ellery doing whatever (somehow, I don't think we're picturing them eating fishsticks), I thought y'all might be interested in this little tidbit of information I just came across:

A recent reanalysis of Alfred Kinsey's data, titled "The Relation Between Sexual Orientation and Penile Size," found that homosexuals had significantly larger penises than nonhomosexuals, no matter how the measurements were done.

If you want to read the full article, "On the Matter of Size:The inexact science of penis measurement," click here:

http://www.slate.com/id/2136061/#sb2136142

Enjoy!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #516 on: June 30, 2006, 03:45:35 pm »
Well boys and girls, I am just about ready to change hotels.  the WLAN died again after my nap, and the Polish speaking receptionist, who goes home at 10 p.m., made a phone call and got no answer and all of their computers are dead too and, oh well.  Who cares, they say, Deutschland won the soccer quarterfinals!  The horns have been blowing like mad!

And yes, I wrote another chapter, and am sitting in an Internet Cafe that is about to close.  Who closes internet cafes at 10 p.m. you ask?  DEUTSCHLAND does.

What you have been waiting for:

Chapter 48 of "A Second Chance"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/63122.html  "A Couple"

I will do my best to correct the hotel problem, but if they can't assure me they are going to get the thing going tomorrow I will try to move hotels.  Might be difficult since the Italian soccer team (who apparently also won) are supposed to be coming to Baden Baden this weekend.

Oh well, at least I have the "till 10 p.m. internet cafe" a walk away from here.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #517 on: June 30, 2006, 03:52:03 pm »
DeeDee - you are the Mistress of finding Ellery's!  ;D
-------------

Ok...we must see all of the Ellery contenders in the uniform...

(1)

(2)

(3)

* stands back and checks 'em out ...*

I must say that Hugh Jackman in this pic makes a stunning Ellery too!! Hmmmm  :)

O dear!! I just replaced my original with number 3!!
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #518 on: June 30, 2006, 04:13:34 pm »
Hey Louise!

Cheers for not forgetting us, come rain, sun or internet cafes closing at 10pm..;D !!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #519 on: June 30, 2006, 04:14:23 pm »
Folks I am really really sorry about my internet being down... I will try to do my best to make it up to you!!!  I have also not been feeling well, possibly because of the intense heat here.

I did get a nice nap in earlier and hope I can get a little more writing done.  If the Internet comes back on at the hotel I will come back in, so keep checking back.

You may be interested to know that I am withdrawing substantially from my involvement with other fan forums due to um, "irreconcilable differences" and I will be spending a lot more time here, and that means choosing a time for a chat forum and putting up links and etc.

If you folks could think of what would be a good time for you (that is if you WANT to have a chat with author session regularly) , I am thinking a time on the weekend might work out best for everyone and not interfere with anybody's work or sleep (least of all mine.)
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”