Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3093961 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #570 on: July 02, 2006, 07:07:42 am »
OMG!    :o    If they ever did make this into a screenplay, they'd have to really tone down the sex scenes!    I'd imagine that all we'd see is Heath/Ennis grin and tell Ellery that Mr.Coyote is hungry then we'd see them walk into the bedroom and thats it!   LOL.     I suppose they be able to show the lovey dovey romance scenes and some post sex cuddling, but none of the hot and spicey stuff we've read so far!

I think Heath would freak out if he read half the stuff!       But I think they could make a sequal involving the search for Jacks killer.   Plus Ennis's trip to see Jacks Mom and the trek back up to spread the ashes. 

Who would we need from the original cast?

Heath as Ennis of course.

Jake for the flashback scenes of Jacks trip to Austin, Texas.

Although I do think the all the beginning interaction between Ennis and Ellery would be very important. Ennis's (awkward) pass at the hotel, then back to Ellery's house, they have a few drinks on the couch and Ellery tries a few kisses to which Ennis responds "full throttle"; into the bedroom and that's when the journal falls out of Ennis's pocket. Ellery has a good line in this scene, "This is more loving than I ever expected again." I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS SCENE! I think it is very important to the whole basis of their relationship and how it develops. I know there are some people (not on this thread) who have criticized Louise that they end up in bed together after knowing each other for 12 hours. Yes, in one context that may be fast but in another, I think when people fall hard and fast, it happens. Tell ya what, I had sex with my husband on our first date and look at us, happy as clams 28 years later.

Jake for the Austin flashback and what about the lariat at the river scene? Hmmmm?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #571 on: July 02, 2006, 07:13:11 am »
Do you guys realize that we have long since passed Jake Jake Jake! in popularity and we are quickly gaining on the 1000+ posts club? Write some pithy comments, willya?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #572 on: July 02, 2006, 07:35:44 am »
Well, I don't know how pithy this is, but:

This whole story plays like a movie in my head already. And no director can compete with what's going on in there. My camera angles are probably not physically possible, most particularly in the love scenes. And replays! Over and over and over....SIGH. Then there are the sounds, the smells, the sensations. No, the book is always better than the movie, especially one written this well.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #573 on: July 02, 2006, 07:48:53 am »
I know there are some people (not on this thread) who have criticized Louise that they end up in bed together after knowing each other for 12 hours. Yes, in one context that may be fast but in another, I think when people fall hard and fast, it happens. Tell ya what, I had sex with my husband on our first date and look at us, happy as clams 28 years later.

Jake for the Austin flashback and what about the lariat at the river scene? Hmmmm?

L

I think it was actually more like hmmmm 24 hours that they knew each other, and they were together most of that time... I thought of Ennis as something of a loaded gun by the time Pete jumped him at the hotel, and there was no way he was going to respond to Pete...not emotionally anyway.

Oh yeah.  I'm back everyone.  Thank GOD!  I got out of there as quick as I could and kissed my broadband hello on my way in the door!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #574 on: July 02, 2006, 07:51:38 am »
No, the book is always better than the movie, especially one written this well.

That is so true. I am hard pressed to think of a movie that was as good/better than the book. I did like "Adapatation" for "The Orchid Thief." In fact, I couldn't finish "The Orchid Thief." I thought it was boring.

In some ways, BBM is a little like Adaptation. The story is the basis, but the movie is very different. I know I have participated in many discussions about Movie!Ennis and Story!Ennis, Movie!Jack and Story!Jack.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #575 on: July 02, 2006, 07:53:02 am »

Oh yeah.  I'm back everyone.  Thank GOD!  I got out of there as quick as I could and kissed my broadband hello on my way in the door!

Glad to have you back, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #576 on: July 02, 2006, 07:57:49 am »
I am in the Chat Room if anyone wants to stop by, I am just going to be kicking back, drinking spring water, chatting and finishing chapter 50 today!  for the rest of the day!!!

For anyone who wants to join the chat, click on the CHAT (with the red lips icon) on the main menu.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #577 on: July 02, 2006, 10:13:40 am »
Update to "A Second Chance"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/63820.html  "Chapter 51: Strangers"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #578 on: July 02, 2006, 10:25:17 am »
Yippee! My birthday present from Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #579 on: July 02, 2006, 10:33:29 am »
I didnt put in the long foreplay though, that'll come later.