Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3040089 times)

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2006, 06:51:44 pm »
Where is the patio?  My impression is that someone parking in the driveway could go around the right side of the house (stage left) and see who was there.  Also, I had the idea that the patio was off the master bedroom.  Could the garage be detached with the pathway between it and the house?  I also thought the master bedroom opened directly onto the living room.  Remember Ennis opened the door naked coming from a shower when The young bartender was there talking to Ellery.  I think the master bedroom should be where the dining room and kitchen are and the dining room and Kitchen should be where bedroon 1 and 2 are and these bedrooms should be where the master bedroom is.  And I assume the garage is for one car?  I can't manipulate things like you Leslie or I would try to sketch it out.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2006, 06:58:10 pm »
The depth of my obsession (this is probably TMI but who cares?). I actually got dragged out of the house yesterday to get off the computer for a few hours and go out to lunch and then a movie. So, while I am in the restaurant, I am looking around and this guy comes in, and from the back, he looks like Ellery (not the front). Black hair, right length, wearing a dark shirt. So..with my new cellphone, which I have barely figured out how to use, I take a picture of the guy! I mean, am I losing my marbles? (No, they were gone long ago.). Here he is...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2006, 07:00:50 pm »
Where is the patio?  My impression is that someone parking in the driveway could go around the right side of the house (stage left) and see who was there.  Also, I had the idea that the patio was off the master bedroom.  Could the garage be detached with the pathway between it and the house?  I also thought the master bedroom opened directly onto the living room.  Remember Ennis opened the door naked coming from a shower when The young bartender was there talking to Ellery.  I think the master bedroom should be where the dining room and kitchen are and the dining room and Kitchen should be where bedroon 1 and 2 are and these bedrooms should be where the master bedroom is.  And I assume the garage is for one car?  I can't manipulate things like you Leslie or I would try to sketch it out.

I think it has been mentioned a couple of times that the patio is off the dining room. No mention of a door in the bedroom, just a window. And when they were getting shot at, they crawled down the hall on their knees. The floor plan I posted has a little hall, not too long.

Whenever Louise gets back from her concert, she'll set us straight. LOL

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2006, 07:23:57 pm »
This one needs no explanation...

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2006, 07:26:45 pm »
I wonder if someone could put a picture of Jack and Ellery side by side?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »
I just got home, and I am sitting at my computer with my mouth hanging open!  I can't believe you folks went to this tremendous load of trouble getting a floor plan for the house, the uniform, the beret...

*astonished*

Just quickly, the patio steps are accessible from the right side of the house.  It is a small rancher with a single bedroom.  Roughly speaking, front room with four windows across, doorway to kitchen/dining area, sliding patio doors onto the patio which is mostly at the rear of the house but accessible from the right side.

No garage: a carport where the El Camino pulls in (good pic on the car, his is , um, red I think) and Ennis usually parks off to the side in his 72 Ford pickup.  Ennis hasn't met any neighbors but he worries about them peeking over the high impenetrable privacy hedges, though his recent hijinks on the patio indicate he may be getting over that.

Pole and birdfeeder in the middle of the backyard with several medium size trees.  Let me see what else did you guys want to know?  Oh when I was posting a new chapter... er, it's 1:45 a.m. in Central Europe and tomorrow (er today) is a weekday, so not tonight.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006, 07:54:35 pm »
I wonder if someone could put a picture of Jack and Ellery side by side?

Ennis' first and second love... ;)

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 08:09:35 pm by Lucise »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2006, 07:56:24 pm »
I just got home, and I am sitting at my computer with my mouth hanging open!  I can't believe you folks went to this tremendous load of trouble getting a floor plan for the house, the uniform, the beret...

*astonished*

Err..Louise - we DIG Ellery and Ennis, nothing is too much to do for those two!  ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2006, 08:14:35 pm »
Another Ellery-Ennis fan standing up to be counted!!!!  :D
And The Louise is here with us too.. :D

I still have alot of catching up to do ...I am still in the "Looking for Answers" installment, but I don't wish to rush myself.  I gotta enjoy every bit of the action (be it in or out of Ellery's house)...

THANK YOU LOUISE - for sharing your writing genius with us!!

thank you Lucise, and scudder, David of course, Mainewriter, RouxB, who else hs here... ( I know I missed some names!) thank you all for your rapt attention.  I expect tomorrow there will be some time for me to at least get  another chapter off.... while I was at dinner tonight with two friends who play violin in the Darmstadt Symphony after their concert, they were fascinated to hear that I was writing an erotic fan fiction series, and I was worried at dinner about the fans thinking I had disappeared on them!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2006, 08:25:09 pm »

you got the hair length AND the color, very good!  When weather permits Ellery favors a completely black wardrobe, almost as if it is an extension of his dress blacks.  And I like to say... his legs to all the way to the top.