Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3214379 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6650 on: November 12, 2006, 07:46:45 pm »
Shane .. me like!  ;)

( I am a fan of The L Word and there is a Shane on there who is one of my fave characters! )

Oh God Milli!! Me too! She is gorgeous! I heart her.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6651 on: November 12, 2006, 08:10:49 pm »
Oh God Milli!! Me too! She is gorgeous! I heart her.

Yap, she is gorgeous!

June, there is an L-Word thread in the Anything Goes board right now!
I thought only me and Katie were diehard fans..but here you are!  Check out the thread when you get a chance!  ;)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6652 on: November 12, 2006, 08:18:54 pm »
Yap, she is gorgeous!

June, there is an L-Word thread in the Anything Goes board right now!
I thought only me and Katie were diehard fans..but here you are!  Check out the thread when you get a chance!  ;)

Oh, I will Milli! Thanks! I'd never checked out the Anything Goes board till Sheriff Roland mentioned the guys threads!!

And I know Littleguitar (Mandy) is a fan too!

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6653 on: November 12, 2006, 08:22:28 pm »
Afternoon Souxi  :-*

Yeah, I'm dying for an update too!

It's gloomy and stormy over here in Holland  :(

June ever looked at the sky in paintings by Dutch masters - gloomy and stormy!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6654 on: November 12, 2006, 08:29:24 pm »
June ever looked at the sky in paintings by Dutch masters - gloomy and stormy!

Oh ~ how lovely of you to mention that Jo, so true! So depressing, lol Although it can be really beautiful too  :)

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6655 on: November 12, 2006, 08:48:33 pm »
Yep ~ I love Shane too.

Heh heh ~ we've already got a Joe......and what a Joe! Aw, he's a sweetheart  :D

Shane was the title of a classic Western flick

see http://www.filmsite.org/shan.html
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6656 on: November 12, 2006, 09:01:15 pm »
OK – a temporary diversion from Dupree! Came across the following on an internet site for bereaved people which has some relevance to LS.

Learning to Love Again

When we fall in love we believe it will be forever…..well, it is! Even if you lose that person, you never lose the love in the very soul of you. Love is eternal, love is a wonderful gift of life.

The greatest gift is finding the ability to love again. It is something that we tend to feel guilty about, as though we must only ever love one person. In life, we love more than one person - our family, our lover, our parents, our friends. They may be different kinds of loving but you do love more than one person. When you have a second child it does not mean that you stop loving your first born…..you may have different feelings but you have the capacity to love without guilt.

As a widow you have had a gift…. a gift of knowing how special it is to love someone. To love is a gift we should not shut down, loving someone new will be different and importantly it will never take away the love you had….you should not feel guilt but a sense of wonder at the opportunity that life has given you a second chance to share love in the world.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:04:50 pm by magicmountain »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6657 on: November 12, 2006, 11:08:05 pm »
Jo, that is lovely!  Cheers!  :)

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6658 on: November 13, 2006, 03:54:05 am »
Hey, I sign off for the night, and there are 3 pages full of goodies for me to read in the morning...

Don't know how I'm expected to get any work done ....

Louise - sounds like you had a day from hell at work yesterday....hope you got some time to wind down after... Geez I hate those days (had a lot of them in my time).

Also - I feel SOOO guilty - I nominated W. Miller for Dupree, and now he's going to come over, steal Dupree and break Jeeves's heart ??! I'm just shattered.
Louise - if Jeeves is going to have his heart broken,  can he at least find someone else to love ?  Poor guy!!. (Still rooting for some Jeeves/Dupree goodness though)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6659 on: November 13, 2006, 05:26:38 am »
I agree with your comments on the ADA!  And souxi's comments usually crack me up too!  ;D

Coooeeeeee...mornin all, mornin June. ;) :-* Why thank you for your kind words re my comments on LJ peeps lol. ;D That bloody woman gets right on my tits she does, as you no doubt guessed lol. ;D Snnoty old witch she is. Anyway, how are we all today? Louise I hope you dont have too much work to do today.All this work keeping you from the important things in life...our boys. Bless em. :) :)