Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3080413 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2006, 09:02:45 pm »

Louisev,  no comment on our Ellery in uniform photo?     ;D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
How 'bout Ellery in black!  I even added a Laramie badge to his shirt ...  :laugh:
Can y'all tell I got nothing better to do??  ;D

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 01:03:20 am by Lucise »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2006, 09:32:13 pm »
I just got home, and I am sitting at my computer with my mouth hanging open!  I can't believe you folks went to this tremendous load of trouble getting a floor plan for the house, the uniform, the beret...

Trouble? This is trouble? This is the way we spend our time waiting for the next chapter. LOL. I am waiting for the person who is brave enough to post a picture of "the toy." Believe me, I have several choices in my photobucket.... ;)

*astonished*

Just quickly, the patio steps are accessible from the right side of the house.  It is a small rancher with a single bedroom.  Roughly speaking, front room with four windows across, doorway to kitchen/dining area, sliding patio doors onto the patio which is mostly at the rear of the house but accessible from the right side.

Realistically...(other readers, join in with me here)...would there really be such a thing as a one bedroom home? Out there in the great big west? And, Ellery isn't right downtown, either. Louise, I think the house has to have two bedrooms at a minimum (one that Ellery has converted to an office), maybe three

No garage: a carport where the El Camino pulls in (good pic on the car, his is , um, red I think) and Ennis usually parks off to the side in his 72 Ford pickup.  Ennis hasn't met any neighbors but he worries about them peeking over the high impenetrable privacy hedges, though his recent hijinks on the patio indicate he may be getting over that.

Not to quibble, Louise, but ahem, the canon of "Taking Chances," chapter 13: Scenes of the Crime

"the deputy's long strides suddenly halted before a dark blue Chevy El Camino parked along the street..."

Good thing you have fans to research things for you  ;)

Pole and birdfeeder in the middle of the backyard with several medium size trees.  Let me see what else did you guys want to know?  Oh when I was posting a new chapter... er, it's 1:45 a.m. in Central Europe and tomorrow (er today) is a weekday, so not tonight.

Okay, so that gives us more reason to go find more pictures....  ;)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2006, 09:34:55 pm »
How 'bout Ellery in black!  I even added a Laramie badge to his shirt ...  :laugh:
Can y'all tell I got nothing better to do??  ;D

LOL...we all need something better to do. Like that look, Lucise...badge is a nice touch  ;)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2006, 09:41:21 pm »

OMG!!!!    :o              That's Hot!   ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2006, 09:43:02 pm »
OMG!!!!    :o              That's Hot!   ;)

I too can see how Ennis will get all riled up with Ellery in black!  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2006, 09:44:03 pm »
So, maybe I should start a poll but how many people here have thing for cops? In the fantasy sense, I mean. I know I do...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2006, 09:46:26 pm »
So, maybe I should start a poll but how many people here have thing for cops? In the fantasy sense, I mean. I know I do...

* Jumps up and down with both hands in the air ...*
All my friends will tell ya that I have been known to harbour some cop fantasies ,.... ;)

Offline David

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2006, 09:56:30 pm »
Ok,  New Challenge!!     Find a picture of what you think "Dupree" looks like.    Either in uniform or his "Bar" outfit, the Army Camouflage look.    ;D

I'm picturing a Military style haircut, dark hair,  classic good looks, broad shoulders and a serious chest.  He of course works out alot.    But not TOO built.    Maybe 6 feet tall at the most.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:00 pm »
Ok,  New Challenge!!     Find a picture of what you think "Dupree" looks like.    Either in uniform or his "Bar" outfit, the Army Camouflage look.    ;D

I'm picturing a Military style haircut, dark hair,  classic good looks, broad shoulders and a serious chest.  He of course works out alot.    But not TOO built.    Maybe 6 feet tall at the most.

I actually picture Dupree as a former HS football player physique.. 5'11" keeps himself in good shape...