Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3088097 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2006, 10:27:01 pm »
I actually picture Dupree as a former HS football player physique.. 5'11" keeps himself in good shape...

Hmmmm....I didn't get to Dupree yet...
I am still enjoying the first half of "Looking for answers"...
So you guys -  don't say too and ruin it for me... ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2006, 04:42:47 am »
Louisev,  no comment on our Ellery in uniform photo?     ;D

um, um. How do I say this?  This guy is way too young looking!  He is pretty but... I picture Ellery was the 30ish Keith Carradine.  and I promised to dig out pics, so let me do that.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2006, 04:47:38 am »
Trouble? This is trouble? This is the way we spend our time waiting for the next chapter. LOL. I am waiting for the person who is brave enough to post a picture of "the toy." Believe me, I have several choices in my photobucket.... ;)

Realistically...(other readers, join in with me here)...would there really be such a thing as a one bedroom home? Out there in the great big west? And, Ellery isn't right downtown, either. Louise, I think the house has to have two bedrooms at a minimum (one that Ellery has converted to an office), maybe three

Not to quibble, Louise, but ahem, the canon of "Taking Chances," chapter 13: Scenes of the Crime

"the deputy's long strides suddenly halted before a dark blue Chevy El Camino parked along the street..."

Good thing you have fans to research things for you  ;)

Okay, so that gives us more reason to go find more pictures....  ;)

about the bedrooms... that is just how I picture it... I don't know enough about that part of the country to know whether they made homes with "only" one bedroom, I lived in Arizona in a two bedroom rancher in a tract housing and they did have one bedroom ones there... I dunno.  I suppose I didn't want an excuse for Ennis to set up housekeeping in a separate room, so there is one big ol' bedroom.  Maybe he knocked in a wall and made the two bedrooms into one large one?  hehehe

And you got me on the El Camino... I did say I THOUGHT it was red!

And eek!  You guys got rules on what you can post on this board?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2006, 04:50:24 am »
Ok,  New Challenge!!     Find a picture of what you think "Dupree" looks like.    Either in uniform or his "Bar" outfit, the Army Camouflage look.    ;D

I'm picturing a Military style haircut, dark hair,  classic good looks, broad shoulders and a serious chest.  He of course works out alot.    But not TOO built.    Maybe 6 feet tall at the most.

Dupree's description is "beefy." (I looked this up when someone proposed the skinny-as-hell Paul Bettany for the part.)  I did not specify eye color but he is nearly as tall as our two guys (so at least 6' 1") and on his time off favors military cammo and a soft field cap.  Hair very close cropped, color brown.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2006, 04:55:44 am »
Okay, sorry to ruin you guys' dreams but here is what I have in my mind's eye for Ellery's appearance:

(that is a younger photo)

(with of course longer hair).

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2006, 05:09:52 am »
ok gang, I made an announcement, partly because of all of you!  I am hoping some of the more shy and reticent members of davecullen.com who don't dare blab too much about these stories in the Slash Discussion area feel more comfortable talking and participating here:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/59433.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2006, 05:46:31 am »

And you got me on the El Camino... I did say I THOUGHT it was red!

LOL...like I said, it's turning into canon, and you've got readers.

And eek!  You guys got rules on what you can post on this board?

No full frontal nudity (that comes from Philip's ISP). And if we get too carried away, they may ask us to put an NC17 warning in the header. But we're nowhere close to that, yet.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2006, 05:51:16 am »
well I was a little worried about what might happen if we started posting "toys"...!  And yes, blue El Camino it is.

I have already had a flicker of interest from my notice about Bettermost.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2006, 05:53:24 am »
Okay, sorry to ruin you guys' dreams but here is what I have in my mind's eye for Ellery's appearance:

This works, but our Italian model friend has definitely got better bedroom eyes  ;)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Sid401k

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2006, 06:04:47 am »
     http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/136/kcarradine9qb.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1873/kc011yn.jpg
Yes!  That's him!  (I always thought the other photo was a little too pretty and a lot too young.)