Author Topic: hippos in da house..  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
hippos in da house..
« on: March 31, 2006, 07:27:03 am »
Hey everybody!  I made it..

I just wanted to say g'day - for those BetterMostians, I'm Sheyne (former/current Trembleyian and Brokeaholic).

Ray and I are heading for probably the last Brokeback screening in Brisbane, Australia tomorrow and we're goin together. I'm VERY excited (and sad - no DVD release date here yet) cause this is the first time I get to watch the movie with someone who "gets" it and digs it as much as I do!

Its going to be so great to sit down with a coffee / beer (whichever, Ray, I'm easy!) after the movie and NOT have to listen to my companion whining that they didn't realise "there was gonna be actual make-out scenes" in the movie.   :-[ :o  Rather, I'll be chatting with someone who thinks they're as HOT as I do!  ;D

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and have a giggle about the fact that it didn't take em long at CT to delete my drawings..  :D

Love,
Sheyne.
Chut up!

vkm91941

Re: hippos in da house..
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 07:29:24 am »
Sheyne!  Hi!  so GLAD to see you here.  You can post your drawing all over again.  Don't even need to worry.  Check out some of the picture threads we've got going already.  You and Ray have great time!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 10:14:38 am »
Saw you over on the PT board hungry.  I'm still posting on the old boards, just to be difficult and to throw others off the track.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 07:36:41 pm »

Yeah, I'm not going to totally desert the other boards, but I think I'm more "observer" over there these days... I hate to say it, but the trolls or troll-esque people give me the heeby-jeebys and all I want to do is discuss the movie, so if there's a sensible thread over there, I'll contribute, but other than that..

For a giggle, check out Jake Gyllenhaal's board.  This fine, talented, beautiful speciman of man deserves far better than what he's copping over there.  The "Jake is Gay" threads are just backed up one after the other..  poor guy..
Chut up!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 10:48:06 pm »
Hey Sheyne!  What are you doing in here when you should be busy making yourself Boodiful for me!  Looking forward to BBM with you this arv.  It will be such a buzz to see it, one,  with someone else, and two, with a fellow Brokie!  Now go and get ready because my Dad says you're pretty!  hehee ;)
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 12:00:33 am »
Do let us know how the evening goes.  I'd love to join you - sounds like a great time, and non-stop fun (except for the actual movie...not so much fun exactly).  Is Ray as crazy/fun in person?  Is Hungry as sweet...inquiring minds want to know.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:40:00 am »

Don't know about crazy, but I can definitely tell you that Ray is an awesome guy..

I'll leave it to him to comment about whether I'm sweet... hehehehe...  I think he said something about me being like "a jumping bean"...hehehe   ;D
Chut up!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 09:01:50 am »
SWEET!!!  Let me tell you, after tonight I'm turning gay challenged.  I had the most wonderful time!  Shene is brilliant company.  It was so nice seeing Brokeback with her.  We laughed together, moaned in unison, squirmed in our seats  like a choreographed dance, and wiped our eyes on each others sleeve.  We both love chocolate rather than popcorn, and we sat and chatted for ages over a beer or three after. 

Sheyne showed me some of her art work and totally put me to shame.  The girl is very talented.  I actually got to touch the originals of the pics she posted on the PT board before they were trollenated.  All night she was the epitome of calm, until she showed me her work.  Then she fidgeted like mad.., thus the jumping bean!

The screening was great, with the audience being large and appreciative.  Sniffles and chuckles abound in exactly the right places.  Only one phone went off.....I'm totally embarrassed to admit it was mine, and no one left the theatre before it ended.

I made a new friend tonight. What a great gal!

Here's a pic.  Are we a family or what?

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 04:15:47 am »
Happy one month anniversary Sheyne.  It feels like FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooreva!     You have become so special to me  and given that we met on April Fools day, I think we've done alright!  X*MWA*X

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 01:22:32 am »
You two met on my birthday!  I love that! :D