Author Topic: OT: Recommendation - Chernobyl Heart  (Read 2011 times)

EnnisDelMar

OT: Recommendation - Chernobyl Heart
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:58:06 pm »
I just watched the HBO documentary Chernobyl Heart, and wow...it filled me with sadness. It shows the effects of radiation from the Chernobyl disaster (back in 1986) on the children being born now in the still contaminated areas, and the children who were born back when the accident occured. It was hard to watch at times, seeing some of the devastating effects that radiation has on the human body. Over there they don't have the money to provide the complicated and expensive operations we can here in the states. These children don't deserve this fate, and it really got to me. If you receive HBO in your area I would look for this, if not you may be able to rent it somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:21:59 pm by EnnisDelMar »

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: OT: Recommendation - Chernobyl Heart
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 07:23:42 pm »
Thanks for the rec Brandon, I'd be interested in seeing that... one of my good friends lived through Chernobyl.  Luckily the only lasting damage she's had is to her teeth.  She doesn't talk about it much though, so I'd like to learn more!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

EnnisDelMar

Re: OT: Recommendation - Chernobyl Heart
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:24:33 pm »
Oh really? Well it's good that she doesn't have any major complications or problems. I can understand her not talking about it a lot....btw it's nice to hear from you again ;D