Author Topic: Bahamas bans BBM because of "extreme homosexuality". Unbelieveable!  (Read 2160 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Hi,

I friend of mine forwarded me this link. I couldn't believe it. Brokeback Mountain was banned in Bahamas because according to them it shows extreme homosexuality!! Can you believe it?
A Bahamian government board's decision to ban the movie Brokeback Mountain has prompted charges of discrimination and censorship in the island chain. Gay rights groups and others have called on the Plays and Films Control Board to reverse its decision prohibiting theaters from showing the award-winning movie about a troubled love affair between two cowboys. "The board chose to ban it because it shows extreme homosexuality, nudity and profanity, and we feel that it has no value for the Bahamian public," Chavasse Turnquest-Liriano, liaison officer for the control board, said Wednesday.

Here's the link. Anyway it's on Defamer and ABC news.
http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/brokeback-mountain/gay-cowboy-cruise-lines-to-skip-bahamas-this-year-164197.php
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 08:17:37 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.