Author Topic: Do You Believe In Ghosts?  (Read 41889 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Do You Believe In Ghosts?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 02:35:55 am »
VERY interesting stories all! I had goose-bumps more than once!  :o

A boy with a knife in my house would freak me out!
 David, have you ever thought of getting 'in contact' with them? Maybe they want to tell you something. Maybe they need help with something. Isn't there sometimes the issue of 'closure'. They keep appearing until someone helps them 'leave for good'. Er.. or maybe I watch too much television....

I don't belive in ghosts, I answered. Didn't I...

~ j U d E

Jude -

The strange thing is, I always felt  safer upstairs, where people reported seeing this boy. It was downstairs where I always seemed to feel sad or depressed. You know how it feels when it is gloomy, cold and rainy outside and how it makes you feel depressed? That was the feeling I had when I was downstairs. But upstairs I always felt safe and protected. When  I lived in this  house, I began wondering why people saw this boy holding a knife? Because I never did feel in danger upstairs.

Yes, I am planning on holding a seance in my house soon. I have a few friends who are interested in doing the seance with me. I am hoping something will appear or communicate with us when we do it. Because if they do want or need help, I would like to try and offer my help to them.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline BB Stacker

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 09:23:53 pm »
Yes, I definitely believe. I've seen the shadows out of the corner of my eye thing and heard and felt animals getting into or out of bed with me after they had passed on.

The only time I've actually "honest to God" seen a ghost I was about 16. Parents were gone to work and the only people in the house were myself and my 2 sisters. They were both asleep since it was summer, I was up early to go to band camp. I was in the kitchen getting keys etc. to leave the house when I looked into the livingroom (right next to kitchen, all open) and saw a guy standing there smiling at me. This was around 1980-81, and it was a white guy with an afro, square frame black glasses, yellow t-shirt and bellbottoms so I don't think it was an intruder. And of course, there's the fact that he just disappeared. I ran out the door and went on my way, scared but ok.

Of course, when I told my mom about it she had a fit because I left my sisters in the house. I'm like "But mom, it was a ghost".

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 09:28:45 pm »
BB Stacker -

Thank you for telling us about this. It sounds like this ghost may have been from the 1970's too. Although you did say you saw him  in 1980 or 1981. He sounds like he was a little scary looking... especially the black frame glasses. At least he was smiling at you. Was it a sinister looking smile, or a friendly one?

Thanks again for posting this! :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 02:37:04 am »
Well, this is VERY interesting!

So far 21 people have voted in the poll.

Out of these 21 people, 13 have said they believe in ghosts. 8 others either are skeptical about it or do not believe in ghosts at all.

Please keep the votes and comments coming! I love things like this! :)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 08:09:39 pm »
yeah, David. I really cherish having experienced that moment with my niece. My niece was definitely happy to meet her great grandfather. It was reassuring to know that those we loved are still connected to us, in some way, even if we aren't aware of that connection. Maybe it's not the heaven and hell that the Bible tells us about, but their spirits go on to other existences.

As for the second experience, I found that I wasn't scared so much then, and haven't been too scared to be at my parent's house alone either. Every so often I would think that I should have listened to that walkman. That "spirit" definitely made an effort to show itself to me. We had lived in that house for over a decade, by that time, and no one had experienced anything. Was it asking for help? or just saying "hi." If it was looking to play a trick on me, it could have done so much more than pressing the play button on the walkman.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 08:44:27 pm by starboardlight »
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 08:21:20 pm »
I'd like to think there is some kind of exsistance after death.    I was at the Cemetary visiting my Dads grave on July 4th and paying my respects.  I feel funny chatting to him as I know he is not there.    Well, his body is there, but not his spirit.    I sure know that my fathers spirit wouldn't hang around the Cemetary waiting for visitors!   If he were a free spirit he'd be all of the world if not the universe exploring.

That is why I doubt Spirits visit us.  My life is boring compared to what the rest of the world has to offer!   LOL.    When I die, if I am a ghost,  I'll be in Hawaii, not Hartford!

I hope my relatives aren't hanging around watching me 24/7 !   YIKES!   Imagine the things they'd see!    ::)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 09:05:55 pm »
I'd like to think there is some kind of exsistance after death.    I was at the Cemetary visiting my Dads grave on July 4th and paying my respects.  I feel funny chatting to him as I know he is not there.    Well, his body is there, but not his spirit.    I sure know that my fathers spirit wouldn't hang around the Cemetary waiting for visitors!   If he were a free spirit he'd be all of the world if not the universe exploring.

That is why I doubt Spirits visit us.  My life is boring compared to what the rest of the world has to offer!   LOL.    When I die, if I am a ghost,  I'll be in Hawaii, not Hartford!

I hope my relatives aren't hanging around watching me 24/7 !   YIKES!   Imagine the things they'd see!    ::)

I believe your Father heard you. Your Dad probably is off exploring the universe, but he is still connected to you. I believe spirits are not limited to space, in other words they can be in more than one place at the same time. And even if he wasn't actually with you when you were talking to him (although I believe he was) he would have been aware of you and your words and thoughts. And I am certain it brought him a lot of joy just knowing you were thinking about him! :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 09:08:59 pm »
As for the second experience, I found that I wasn't scared so much then, and haven't been too scared to be at my parent's house alone either. Every so often I would think that I should have listened to that walkman. That "spirit" definitely made an effort to show itself to me. We had lived in that house for over a decade, by that time, and no one had experienced anything. Was it asking for help? or just saying "hi." If it was looking to play a trick on me, it could have done so much more than pressing the play button on the walkman.

When I read your post I began wondering what the spirit might have said on your walkman. But I think I would have done the same thing you did. I don't think I would have listened to it either.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 10:53:50 pm »
Ok, the stories y'all shared kept giving me the shivers. Brrr.  So, THANKS!   ;D

I absolutely believe in ghosts.

A few weeks after my hubby died, he came to visit. I was almost asleep and it had slipped my mind that he was dead. I was in bed, laying on my back and was covered by the comforter. I felt him climb in (waterbed) and roll over to my side.  He then kissed me and lay on top of me (on top of the comforter).  He would do that when he first arrived home, as I worked days and he worked nights as a waiter at a dinner theatre on the north side.  I would often be asleep by the time he arrived home and it was his way of gently awakening me if he was uhm, well, frisky.  LOL  Anyway, he began to be less and less gentle, which was totally unlike him.  When I opened my eyes I realized it was not him at all.  I just got a glimpse, but it was something "impersonating" him.  By the time I blinked and could scream, the weight lifted and it was gone.  The indentations remained on his side of the bed (on the comforter) and I slept on the sofa that night. The neighbors never commented about my scream, and nothing else ever occurred there.

I didn't mentioned what happened to anyone, and two days later his best friend called to say he appeared in the edge of her closet (what we determined to be) the night after my experience.  We think her's was the real Dav.  Not wanting to awaken her wife, she whispered a word only we four would know and the form instantly disappeared.

~Larz

p.s. - we should have a campfire burning while telling ghost stories!   :laugh:

edited for clarity...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 10:56:22 pm by ZouBEini »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 11:11:18 pm »
Ok, the stories y'all shared kept giving me the shivers. Brrr.  So, THANKS!   ;D

I absolutely believe in ghosts.

A few weeks after my hubby died, he came to visit. I was almost asleep and it had slipped my mind that he was dead. I was in bed, laying on my back and was covered by the comforter. I felt him climb in (waterbed) and roll over to my side.  He then kissed me and lay on top of me (on top of the comforter).  He would do that when he first arrived home, as I worked days and he worked nights as a waiter at a dinner theatre on the north side.  I would often be asleep by the time he arrived home and it was his way of gently awakening me if he was uhm, well, frisky.  LOL  Anyway, he began to be less and less gentle, which was totally unlike him.  When I opened my eyes I realized it was not him at all.  I just got a glimpse, but it was something "impersonating" him.  By the time I blinked and could scream, the weight lifted and it was gone.  The indentations remained on his side of the bed (on the comforter) and I slept on the sofa that night. The neighbors never commented about my scream, and nothing else ever occurred there.

I didn't mentioned what happened to anyone, and two days later his best friend called to say he appeared in the edge of her closet (what we determined to be) the night after my experience.  We think her's was the real Dav.  Not wanting to awaken her wife, she whispered a word only we four would know and the form instantly disappeared.

~Larz

p.s. - we should have a campfire burning while telling ghost stories!   :laugh:

edited for clarity...

Oh my God!  Something like this happened to me once too!

People are going to think I am completely whacko after I tell you this...

Anyway, I was sleeping one night and suddenly "something" woke me up. I just woke up, and I don't remember hearing anything. Suddenly I looked up and hovering above me was a dark shadow, and it had big wings. It decended down on top of me and began pushing me down deep in my mattress. It didn't hurt, but  it felt cold and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like  it was smothering me. I remember thinking "Oh God, Please make it go away" and suddenly it lifted up off of me and disappeared.

I will NEVER forget that. It was one of the most horrible experiences I have ever had. It might have been a dream, but I don't think it was because I jumped up out of bed just after it disappeared. I was definately awake then.

A dream? I doubt it. And I really believe it happened. I have some ideas why this happened to me, but it sure did scare me.

I hope that NEVER happens to me again. >:(