Author Topic: A heartfelt thought  (Read 8972 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: A heartfelt thought
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 01:19:36 pm »
for example I've not yet dared try to 'attach' a quote to a reply. I tried reading the instructions, but the alternatives and provisos 'did my head in'.

Welcome back, Samrim. Are you talking about adding a quote like the one above?

If so, it's actually not too hard. You can click the "quote" button in the upper right-hand corner of the person's post, and it will automatically open up a reply window with their quote in it. Or you can hit "reply" to start a new reply window, then position the cursor in the window where you want the quote to appear, and then click "quote" from the list of messages below the window. You can do this as many times as you want in the same reply, quoting different people's messages. If you don't want to quote their whole message, just delete accordingly.

I know what you mean about being hesitant, though. It took me a long time to try it. Then another long time to figure out how to create an avatar. And I still haven't mastered posting photos in my message (let alone photoshopping them first!). Never enough time (for figuring those techy things out) is right.

By the way, my name is Katherine and I'm in the "Ennis and Jack were lucky (though not as lucky as they deserved to be)" camp.

PS, there's an easier way than "search" to find replies to your posts. Up near the top of the page, there's a box labeled "user info." Click on "show new replies to your posts" and it will give you a list of all the threads you've posted on that others have added to. Or you can click on your own username, which will take you to a page where you can click on "show this user's posts" or something like that, and it will produce a list of all your posts.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A heartfelt thought
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 08:22:24 am »
I greatly appreciate and largely agree with your very kind supportive comments. The notable exception would be the possibolity this late, of my finding 'someone.' Unless he's a dead ringer for Ennis and Johhny Depp I would probably give him the  cold shoulder
Sorry to be so long replying, it's simply 'cos I'm lost in this wonderful site.
for example I've not yet dared try to 'attach' a quote to a reply. I tried reading the instructions, but the alternatives and provisos 'did my head in'. /quote]

Hi Sam -

If you want to know how to do a few little fun and tricky things on BetterMost, I will send you a PM. Let me know (you can send me a PM, too).

Okay ... I can agree with you on Johny Depp, he's HOT!! I'm not as big on Ennis. Personally, I'm a Jake girl ... I mean Jack girl ... ::)l! Add to that mix Cilian Murphy and George Clooney and I will be in sheer heaven.  ;D Who knows maybe you'll find your Johnny/ Ennis hybrid and I'll find my Jake/Johnny/Cillian/George hybrid (hmmmmm.... that would be an interesting mix, wouldn't it??)

Diane

Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."